Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

What would you do if this was your son?

Parking Lot

Old 11-05-2010, 02:46 PM   #31
firstdown
Living Legend

re: What would you do if this was your son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm lovin how some of you guys just came in this thread and automatically assumed this would be a case of whether or not the other kids would laugh at her son. I don't think any of the other kids gave a shit personally. The entire story is about the other mothers acting like dickheads and interfering in another mother's relationship. If I was that woman I'd ask the other women if her son was their son too, and as soon as they say no I'd be like, alright then why don't you worry about your own kid, and stop concerning yourself with mine.

This story doesn't have anything to do with the other kids in the class. It's about 3 mothers who have taken it upon theirselves to interfere with another woman and her kid.

It doesn't make a single difference if her kid is gay or not, at 5 years old I doubt he knows anything about that. He just wanted to go as Daphne for Halloween. Let kids be kids, if the other kids did make fun of him he'll just learn that's what's gonna happen in today's society.
See she is probably a single mom on food stamps and well fair. She does not mind other intruding in their life when its giving them money but laugh at her gay little son and then it is an issue.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-05-2010, 02:47 PM   #32
over the mountain
Playmaker

I would not let my son dress in that costume, of course i dont have a kid so im just taking a guess on what my future stance would be.

i also find it strange that the mom starts off by calling/labeling her 5 yr old son as gay. like ralph wiggum said hes "nothing yet".

the nature v nurture debate is interesting. lol i dont know if a bunch of football fan guys typing from their office computers is the best sample or source of knowledge for the discussion thoo.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:51 PM   #33
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
I would not let my son dress in that costume, of course i dont have a kid so im just taking a guess on what my future stance would be.

i also find it strange that the mom starts off by calling/labeling her 5 yr old son as gay. like ralph wiggum said hes "nothing yet".

the nature v nurture debate is interesting. lol i dont know if a bunch of football fan guys typing from their office computers is the best sample or source of knowledge for the discussion tho'.
But but WE ALL STAYED AT HOLIDAY INN LAST NIGHT! (see matty it still works :cheeky-sm)
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #34
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm lovin how some of you guys just came in this thread and automatically assumed this would be a case of whether or not the other kids would laugh at her son. I don't think any of the other kids gave a shit personally. The entire story is about the other mothers acting like dickheads and interfering in another mother's relationship. If I was that woman I'd ask the other women if her son was their son too, and as soon as they say no I'd be like, alright then why don't you worry about your own kid, and stop concerning yourself with mine.

This story doesn't have anything to do with the other kids in the class. It's about 3 mothers who have taken it upon theirselves to interfere with another woman and her kid.

It doesn't make a single difference if her kid is gay or not, at 5 years old I doubt he knows anything about that. He just wanted to go as Daphne for Halloween. Let kids be kids, if the other kids did make fun of him he'll just learn that's what's gonna happen in today's society.
Well yeah, that's what the mother chose to write about because that's what she experienced. But she didn't get to sit in the classroom all morning and experience what her kid experienced.

I'm assuming that kids made fun of him, because that's what kids freakin do. Didn't you guys go to school?

It speaks to the larger point that if you do something like this, don't be surprised if you get made fun of. You can dream of this utopian world where everyone accepts everyone and everything is gumdrops and sunshine, but that's not reality, and it never will be. You may not like it or agree with it, but that's how it is, so it's up to you how you deal with it.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #35
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
See she is probably a single mom on food stamps and well fair. She does not mind other intruding in their life when its giving them money but laugh at her gay little son and then it is an issue.
Did you use this to come up with that post:

Old 11-05-2010, 03:01 PM   #36
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

Good point Schneed. I mean I honestly can give two shits about someones sexual preference. I may not agree, but what you do is what you do. However, believe me. I play the dozens with my friends and if you're my homie but you are either a homosexual or a lesbian don't feel like you are absolved of this. Now this is a contract that my friends sign but I mean when did it become a thing that we have to agree on EVERYTHING ?

The fact is that this woman let her son dress up as a woman for Haloween. She saw him whe nshe left the house, she pictured how he would look when he said he wanted to go as Daphnie, and I'm willing to bet the farm that she thought of any "reprocussions" that he would deal with. So honeslty, why was she so suprised. Another parent felt that it wasn't the way to go. If these children talk about the boy or laugh at him, shit stop crying and do some push ups. He had better toughen up his skin because it's going to get a lot worse as the years go by.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:07 PM   #37
over the mountain
Playmaker

i will say that when people give that look like someone just punched them in the gut, because your son is dressed up like a girl on halloween or a white guy is holding hands with a black girl, it really really hits home hard. its unreal how some peoples disgust cant be contained or hidden. c'est la vie to me.

ps - monk, what is the game of "dozens"?
Old 11-05-2010, 03:27 PM   #38
firstdown
Living Legend

The fact is this is a single mom and if he had a dad around he would not be letting his five yr old go out dress like a little hooker.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:29 PM   #39
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post

the nature v nurture debate is interesting. lol i dont know if a bunch of football fan guys typing from their office computers is the best sample or source of knowledge for the discussion thoo.
Well it sounds like your going to be a great dad.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:30 PM   #40
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
The fact is this is a single mom and if he had a dad around he would not be letting his five yr old go out dress like a little hooker.

Is it confirmed she is a single mom? Not that it matters just want to prove 1st Down is jumping to conclusions.

This is her user name:

Posted: November 2, 2010 by Cop's Wife in bubba/boo, deep thoughts, holidays & celebrations, trials & tribulations
Old 11-05-2010, 03:33 PM   #41
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Here is the one fault I have with the mom, is she put it on the internet and now the whole world is wrapped up in it when it could have been contained to their little world.

Too many parents now a days and it is mainly the moms at fault have to blog every second of their kids life it is sicken and unfair to the children who have no privacy.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:34 PM   #42
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Is it confirmed she is a single mom? Not that it matters just want to prove 1st Down is jumping to conclusions.

This is her user name:

Posted: November 2, 2010 by Cop's Wife in bubba/boo, deep thoughts, holidays & celebrations, trials & tribulations
If she is married then here husband is a pussyfoot for allowing her to take their son out dressed like a girl.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #43
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
If she is married then here husband is a pussyfoot for allowing her to take their son out dressed like a girl.

Ok now you have gone pissed off the dad!

Old 11-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #44
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Ok now you have gone pissed off the dad!

The dad should have been pissed when mom dressed up the son.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #45
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

Quote:
Pretty damn much !

I guess my true answer to the Threads Title is I'd STILL be cussing my wife out !

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote