Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Caps and Rangers Series Preview

Other Sports

Old 04-23-2009, 12:07 PM   #31
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Re: Caps and Rangers Series Preview

Lunqist (or whatever the NYR goalie's name happens to be) is amazing. This guy stops everything.

Advertisements
Old 04-23-2009, 12:19 PM   #32
dblanch66
The Starter

Well, down 3-1 now. Won't be like Philly last year. This series is o.v.e.r. Bruins on their way to the cup!
Old 04-23-2009, 12:34 PM   #33
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

The CAPS played well last pm, just not well enough. Lundqvist is standing on his head right now. He has been the difference in this series.

I don't like our odds to repeat last years comeback to get to a game 7...but last years game 7 we fell short in OT.

But I will only give up when the series is complete and not until that last second is gone. There is NO quit in this team. The CAPS will fight till the very end! And they will not loss tomorrow in DC!

GO CAPS!!!!!
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:03 PM   #34
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Thats correct. Theo played the last 10 to 15 games of the regular season against weaker teams and just played so,so. Bottom line.
Good point, but it's not like the season was on the line either. You cruised to the finish line, no one had to give any extra effort, so to judge him on that is a bit much.

Quote:
This is the playoffs. You go with the HOT hand NOW tomorrow might not come! Theo played awful in game 1, letting in 3 WEAK goals. VARLEY played very well in his first game, and stood on his head last night! 4-zip. Its kind of common sense to stick with who's HOT RIGHT NOW.
I sort of agree, but I think we have a fundamental difference here. You go with what got you there, you don't change philosophy once the playoffs start for instance. You lost the game last night cause Varley couldn't handle that weak shot, he bobbled it and left it out in the firing zone...sure enough translated to a weak goal and a loss. I would have to imagine Theo would have jumped all over that. I do understand your point of hot hand, but Varley has 67% of your losses right now. Hopefully it will work out for you that you can make a come back with him.

Quote:
As far as OVY who cares about a plus 8. He's the leading goal scorer in the NHL and second in points. There is NOT a better or more well rounded STUD in this game than OVY. And yes he plays D for example, did you happen to see the play last pm when the rangers had a break away until OVY caught up dove and threw a stick check on the player to avoid a one on one player vs. goalie without a penality.....
That's kind of the point, if he's only a +8 with 110 points on the season, how well rounded can he be? In 05-06 he had 106 points and only a +2. In 06-07, he had 92 points and had a -19!!! 07-08 he had 112 points, and a +28, which is very impressive. But this shows out of his 4 seasons, it seems only 1 of them was he interested in playing anything other than offense.
Don't get me wrong, I actually like this kid. I'll NEVER forget his AMAZING shot while on his back. #1 all time if you ask me. I like his style of wreckless abandon, I really enjoy watching him play, but it seems like he is not the all around player that people think he is. Maybe that's his youth and he'll snap out of it. He has the potential to be one of the best EVER.
ps- he's not even the best well rounded player on your team...Green is.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:49 PM   #35
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

How bout them CAPS!!!!

Lundqvist looked like shit tonight and the CAPS took full advantage of his sorry play between the pipes!

While the young buck VARLEY WAS OUTSTANDING! ANOTHER SHUTOUT! 4- zippo again.... Just proves my point clearly for most people that understand hockey, you always stick with the HOT hand. The rangers have won three games by only one goal. The CAPS two wins have come by 4 goal shutouts with a 20 year old rookie! VARLEY IS THE STARTER for the CAPS! Theo is a #2 from this point moving forward, and this very well could be his first and last season as a CAP.

Game puck to VARLEY. Great team play by all D was solid. Badds nice duece, Semin & The GREAT 8 BURN Lundqvist.

This thing is just getting good. If we can get a win Sunday in NY..the rangers are done. This series is not over folks!

Washington Capitals - Recap: NY Rangers @ Washington - 04/24/2009

GO CAPS!!!!!
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

Old 04-24-2009, 10:28 PM   #36
GMScud
Swearinger

Great win tonight. I agree that if we can pull one off in NY on Sunday this thing is ours.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:20 PM   #37
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

I freaking knew that was going to happen.... I kind of have that nack with the Rangers like I do with the Redskins... I just know when they are going to stink it up... and about 10 minutes in, I knew it was over.... The Caps played great... that move by Ovechkin even had me going "OH MY GOD THAT WAS AMAZING", as a Rangers fan....

I would be shocked if the Rangers put together a type of effort like that in game six at MSG... but they've been keeping it close, so its anyones game... I like the Rangers at home, they play well there...but if the Caps win tommarow, I agree with you guys, Washington goes onto the second round....
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:30 PM   #38
GMScud
Swearinger

Gmanc, what do you think about this?

Tortorella suspended 1 game over dispute with fan

How could a head coach lose his cool like this? Going after a fan? Wow. This definitely hurts the Rangers for game 6.

Let's Go Caps!!!!
Old 04-25-2009, 10:50 PM   #39
FRPLG
MVP

The only thing that hurts the Rangers is if The King can't play. He's a beast and when he is on it's game over. Goaltending wins in the NHL plsyoffs.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:36 PM   #40
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Gmanc, what do you think about this?

Tortorella suspended 1 game over dispute with fan

How could a head coach lose his cool like this? Going after a fan? Wow. This definitely hurts the Rangers for game 6.

Let's Go Caps!!!!
Pretty dumb, but it could be motivating.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:42 PM   #41
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

This series is over... Lunqdvist looks like crap the last two games, no way NYR goes down to DC in game 7 and wins....
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:03 PM   #42
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Way to GO CAPS!!!!

CAPS knot it up...how bout a game 7 in DC!

Great game VARLEY & The Defense was OUTSTANDING, overall great team effort! Can't wait to ROCK THE RED Tuesday pm at the phone booth.

Washington Capitals - Recap: Washington @ NY Rangers - 04/26/2009

GO CAPS!!!!!

Old 04-26-2009, 05:08 PM   #43
Superman13732
Special Teams

Great win, Beat the shit out of them. Mike Green scored, but is still looking a little flat on defense. Overall great win.
Superman13732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:00 PM   #44
12thMan
MVP

Last week during rush hour I was stuck in touch and go traffic when I noticed this strange vehicle (stickers plastered everywhere), with an even stranger guy driving trying to get my attention. I cautiously glanced over and the dude is waving at me a ROCK THE RED towel.

He nearly smashed the car in front of him.

ROCK THE RED. Go Caps!!
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:07 PM   #45
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
This series is over... Lunqdvist looks like crap the last two games, no way NYR goes down to DC in game 7 and wins....
Still think the Tortorella's suspension was a non-factor?

Great win Caps.

Last edited by GMScud; 04-27-2009 at 10:41 AM.
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote