Upcoming Cuts

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-25-2008, 08:06 AM   #31
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Re: Upcoming Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Fair enough. Well, this is something I've been saying for about four years now (much to the scorn of a few here), but I think this year we may see it more than we ever have before. Shawn Springs at FS. Which would slide Landry to SS. I'm not saying that's going to be a permanent starting lineup, just that I could see that look often.
If Rogers is strong enough to start the opener at CB, moving Springs to FS gets our best 4 DBs on the field. After Doughty's performance Saturday, I hope that this is given strong consideration.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-25-2008, 10:39 AM   #32
mheisig
The Starter

Watching Chris Samuels get schooled by Julius Peppers makes me want to cut Samuels.

I'm kidding. Of course we shouldn't cut Samuels, but that has got to be absolutely humiliating for Samuels to get annihilated like that. It's not often you see a linemen get completely dominated in that fashion...
Old 08-25-2008, 10:52 AM   #33
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheisig View Post
Watching Chris Samuels get schooled by Julius Peppers makes me want to cut Samuels.

I'm kidding. Of course we shouldn't cut Samuels, but that has got to be absolutely humiliating for Samuels to get annihilated like that. It's not often you see a linemen get completely dominated in that fashion...
We should, given the logic of some people on this board. LOL.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:16 AM   #34
Skinz4life
Camp Scrub

I know that Reed has taken a lot of heat over his performance Saturday (and rightfully so), but I think this is a case where his a good player to have on the team a good locker room guy and a good special teams guy, the problem comes that the more he plays the more other teams are able to expose him - he's good when he has to come in and play a couple of games for an injured player. I think you'll see an indirect competition between Horton and Moore and as soon as the Coaching staff feels that one of them is ready to start - you'll see Reed benched and Landry moved to whatever spot is open.
Skinz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:35 AM   #35
Stacks42
Impact Rookie

Landry being out def exposes Doughty's weaknesses. At least hes better than Arch tho
Old 08-25-2008, 11:42 AM   #36
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinz4life View Post
I know that Reed has taken a lot of heat over his performance Saturday (and rightfully so), but I think this is a case where his a good player to have on the team a good locker room guy and a good special teams guy, the problem comes that the more he plays the more other teams are able to expose him - he's good when he has to come in and play a couple of games for an injured player. I think you'll see an indirect competition between Horton and Moore and as soon as the Coaching staff feels that one of them is ready to start - you'll see Reed benched and Landry moved to whatever spot is open.
I think you make some good points, and much better than some other people who just lash out and insist that Doughty should be cut now and replace him with one of the rookies...that's just not a smart comment. The team has an option of putting Spring at safety, if they feel that Doughty is not cutting it during the regular season. Although, I think having Landry back in, will make Doughty a better player. As I've repeatedly said, Doughty is an average player, you take away Landry and he's not going to carry this team.
R.I.P. #21
Old 08-25-2008, 11:44 AM   #37
Stacks42
Impact Rookie

Can we put Colt at SS?
Old 08-25-2008, 11:47 AM   #38
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacks42 View Post
Can we put Colt at SS?
I would say no, but since Campbell sucked it up too, why don't we cut him and put Colt in? LOL.
R.I.P. #21
Old 08-25-2008, 11:50 AM   #39
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacks42 View Post
Can we put Colt at SS?
Yep, he can be a two way starter, QB and SS!

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see on obvious passing downs that Springs moves to FS, Landry to SS, Rogers, Smoot, Torrence and/or Tryon rounding out the nickel or dime packages. Doughty is a liability in passing situations. He's solid in run support but we can't afford to have Matt Stevens 2.0 back there all season.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:56 AM   #40
Skinz4life
Camp Scrub

I really like the idea of Springs at safety, as long as Carlos is 100%. That seems to be the best way to get our best guys on the field.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:01 PM   #41
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think you make some good points, and much better than some other people who just lash out and insist that Doughty should be cut now and replace him with one of the rookies...that's just not a smart comment. The team has an option of putting Spring at safety, if they feel that Doughty is not cutting it during the regular season. Although, I think having Landry back in, will make Doughty a better player. As I've repeatedly said, Doughty is an average player, you take away Landry and he's not going to carry this team.
I agree that he is average and probably will stay that way his whole career. But I don't think that other teams really had a chance to game plan to attack Reed he was thrown the fire after ST died. Now teams had more film on him and will see the Carolina game were he struggled in the passing game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:36 PM   #42
Skinz4life
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Warrior View Post
I agree that he is average and probably will stay that way his whole career. But I don't think that other teams really had a chance to game plan to attack Reed he was thrown the fire after ST died. Now teams had more film on him and will see the Carolina game were he struggled in the passing game.
The thing that was really disappointing to me was how bad he played against the run, the pass I have come to kind of expect that but how he played against the run my hell.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:41 PM   #43
T.O.Killa
The Starter

I think the last of the five cuts will be Goode. I dont see why you keep him when he wont make the team barring injuries. He cant play so what is the point. If they like him they can put him on the practice squad.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:19 PM   #44
RMSkins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Doughty has already been exposed as the player he is, a special teams ace/3rd safety, he is nothing more than that. It's not going to matter if Landry is in the game or not, they have two different assignments. Landry isn't going to be able to do his assignment correctly if he has to compensate for Doughty's weaknesses. Simply put, Doughty is a liability as a starter. I have no problem with Doughty coming in on obvious run plays but other than that he doesn't really have any business playing everydown.

I say we should try to move Kareem Moore to SS, so we can keep Landry at FS, a position at which he clearly excels. That way we have our two best coverage safeties on the field, then have Doughty/Horton come in on run plays and blitz packages. Also, I am against moving Springs to FS because then we have to move Landry back to SS. Plus with Rogers health concerns we can't afford to move Springs to safety.
RMSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:24 PM   #45
Skinz4life
Camp Scrub

Does anyone here know how the Skins are against the cap? As we start to see people cut Washington may need to add a veteran back LB.