Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

F...Ignorant, Panic-Stricken "Fans"

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-25-2007, 01:30 PM   #31
huntz
Special Teams

Re: F...Ignorant, Panic-Stricken "Fans"

Just can't rush to judgement 3 weeks into the season. Relax everyone. Look forward to good football with October on the horizon!
huntz is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-25-2007, 01:41 PM   #32
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
So why not wait until you've calmed down to post? This applies to everyone, not just you

http://www.redskinswarpath.com/playb...an-help-3.html

7. Step Away From The Computer. Sometimes the best thing to do is nothing. After a loss everyone wants to jump on the site, which is great but often times (most times) emotions overrule coherence and cause the most tension on this site. The site will still be here tomorrow, take a day to regroup then come back and post sensibly.
Did I say anything that I regret...NOPE. I still say Gibbs and company were conservative, sure I said it with more piss and vinigar, but it remains true.
Not once did I say "fire Gibbs", or "this team sucks", or the "season is over". You're barking up the wrong tree on this one SS. Your comment should not apply to me.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:47 PM   #33
redskins159
Camp Scrub

I would just like to say that there are only two teams with better records than us right now. And one of these two teams we play in two weeks. The nfc looks incredibly weak this year, the bears are 1-2 with an apparent qb controversy, and maybe the nfc favorite saints are 0-3 and have lost badly in each game. We are still in very good shape to do well in the nfc. We have a very winable game with detroit in two weeks. If we have a strong standing in green bay will we be among the best teams in the nfc. Even if we only split each divisional opponent we should still be in the hunt for the playoffs so I am not that worried.
redskins159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:47 PM   #34
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
So why not wait until you've calmed down to post? This applies to everyone, not just you
You know, what makes this site great is that there are all different opinions and views. Why do you insist on trying to control people on those opinions? Sure I don't want to hear "this team sucks, we're going downhill" either, but they are venting cause they are pissed. So maybe those of you that get extremely pissed should take a step back and realize it's emotion rather than get annoyed and try to make others conform to your way of thinking.
Not everyone wants to drink the Gibbs kool-aid. That's fine. Like it or not people have differences of opinions.
So why don't WE ALL calm down and get back to focusing on why we are here, loving our Skins instead of pointing fingers at one another.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:53 PM   #35
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
You know, what makes this site great is that there are all different opinions and views. Why do you insist on trying to control people on those opinions? Sure I don't want to hear "this team sucks, we're going downhill" either, but they are venting cause they are pissed. So maybe those of you that get extremely pissed should take a step back and realize it's emotion rather than get annoyed and try to make others conform to your way of thinking.
Not everyone wants to drink the Gibbs kool-aid. That's fine. Like it or not people have differences of opinions.
So why don't WE ALL calm down and get back to focusing on why we are here, loving our Skins instead of pointing fingers at one another.
Fine. Whatever makes you happy
Old 09-25-2007, 01:54 PM   #36
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Let's set one thing straight, we're not trying to control opinions or make anyone drink the kool-aid (anyone else really hate that dumb expression?).

But consider this, what sort of meaningful value do these insane, pissed off, knee-jerk, emotionally laced tirades add to the site in your opinion?
Old 09-25-2007, 01:59 PM   #37
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Quote:
Wow..Smoot/Gman are going to get into it a little bit today... Now while there is ALOT to what Smoot said...and trust me some of the crap that people write on this site are understandably frustrating, perticularly when someone has to sort through all that crap to remove posts and make sure the sight is going to run smoothly....but theres somthing to what is said here too I think, and I dont agree with Jsnaro on a ton of issues, but I often find this place to be very theraputic to vent after a loss, because instead of people just going "its ok, its just a game..or all the other crap I hear at home" I feel like people here understand the frustrations...so I dont nessicarily think people need to "cool down" before they post anything, because I think posting is part of cooling down and venting your frustrations....now this DOES NOT mean that people should start a million threads about every single little thing that is going on and bothering them, but I think if you want to be hot headed a little bit I think thats a good thing....
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:00 PM   #38
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
After reading this, this sounded harsher than I wanted it to. I am just trying to point out that for every person that is upset about how we lost (not that we did lose, it's how we lost) there is someone upset about those people being upset.
We all need to relax. No need to jump off a bridge! Let's unite in the fact that we all love our Skins.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:07 PM   #39
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Let's set one thing straight, we're not trying to control opinions or make anyone drink the kool-aid (anyone else really hate that dumb expression?).

But consider this, what sort of meaningful value do these insane, pissed off, knee-jerk, emotionally laced tirades add to the site in your opinion?
There are some here that indeed drink that kool aid, then push their kool aid on others. It's OK...just pointing out the irony.
Like GMan said, sometimes people find solice in the fact that there are others that feel the way they do.
So why not let others vent? Like I said, I don't like the "this team is doomed" comments as much as you do (and for the record I did not say those things like SS implied I did) but let's not get any dilusions that the knee jerk reactions are solely by those that are predicting doom. It's also from those complaining about those same people.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:10 PM   #40
jsarno
Franchise Player

For the record SS, I don't want Gibbs fired, I don't think the season is over, I want the coaching staff to stop being conservative and letting other teams back into the game. The Colts NEVER play conservative and look at them.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:11 PM   #41
MTK
\m/

Quote:
There are some here that indeed drink that kool aid, then push their kool aid on others. It's OK...just pointing out the irony.
Like GMan said, sometimes people find solice in the fact that there are others that feel the way they do.
So why not let others vent? Like I said, I don't like the "this team is doomed" comments as much as you do (and for the record I did not say those things like SS implied I did) but let's not get any dilusions that the knee jerk reactions are solely by those that are predicting doom. It's also from those complaining about those same people.
Really? News to me. Care to name some names? Shoot me a PM if you want.

The problem is we don't need a bunch of different threads all about playcalling, and a bunch of threads all titled something like "what happened?".

People are free to vent but I think we just need to reel it in a bit at times and check our emotions at the door.

After a win you don't see a bunch of threads crowing about how the game was the best win ever, the playcalling ruled, or Gibbs should be re-signed to a lifetime contract. So why do we have to deal with the exact opposite?

Let's try to maintain some middle ground. Venting when taken to an extreme doesn't add much value to the site in my opinion.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:16 PM   #42
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
The Colts NEVER play conservative and look at them.
True, but we shouldn't heap unfair expectations onto this team. The fact is that this is a team that is growing with a young QB - the coaches are trying to figure out his limits and adjust accordingly, the receivers are trying to get down their timing with him, and JC is gaining experience which should serve him well in the future. While many of us have been more than patient with the team, we need to remain patient as JC develops.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:21 PM   #43
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Really? News to me. Care to name some names? Shoot me a PM if you want.

The problem is we don't need a bunch of different threads all about playcalling, and a bunch of threads all titled something like "what happened?".

People are free to vent but I think we just need to reel it in a bit at times and check our emotions at the door.

After a win you don't see a bunch of threads crowing about how the game was the best win ever, the playcalling ruled, or Gibbs should be re-signed to a lifetime contract. So why do we have to deal with the exact opposite?

Let's try to maintain some middle ground. Venting when taken to an extreme doesn't add much value to the site in my opinion.
I agree to an extent. We do all have a bunch of comments about how wonderful Gibbs is when we win, but I understand your point.
I will PM you.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:22 PM   #44
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
For the record SS, I don't want Gibbs fired, I don't think the season is over, I want the coaching staff to stop being conservative and letting other teams back into the game. The Colts NEVER play conservative and look at them.
I never said you wanted him fired
Old 09-25-2007, 02:22 PM   #45
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
Wow..Smoot/Gman are going to get into it a little bit today... Now while there is ALOT to what Smoot said...and trust me some of the crap that people write on this site are understandably frustrating, perticularly when someone has to sort through all that crap to remove posts and make sure the sight is going to run smoothly....but theres somthing to what is said here too I think, and I dont agree with Jsnaro on a ton of issues, but I often find this place to be very theraputic to vent after a loss, because instead of people just going "its ok, its just a game..or all the other crap I hear at home" I feel like people here understand the frustrations...so I dont nessicarily think people need to "cool down" before they post anything, because I think posting is part of cooling down and venting your frustrations....now this DOES NOT mean that people should start a million threads about every single little thing that is going on and bothering them, but I think if you want to be hot headed a little bit I think thats a good thing....
Hey, I brought you into the mod world and I'll take you out!

Seriously though, see what I like is a thread like the one about "What Would You Have Done" about what plays you would have called on the goalline at the end of the game. That's a good thread that sparks legit discussion.

It seems like there have been a lot of good counterpoints to some of the "negative" opinions that have pervaded the site the past couple of days. But, those counterpoints have been largely ignored by most because they just don't want to hear it. They need their time, I suppose, to sulk.

I don't know, maybe it's because (and you can relate to this) we mods are in a bit of a separate position where we have to read every post. It's mind-numbing to go through some of these posts after each loss.

Anyway, I'll let it go. If people feel better by complaining so be it. I'll never understand that but whatever.