New level of disrespect

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-09-2007, 11:48 PM   #31
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: New level of disrespect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyhorse1 View Post
Brunell is a horrible quarterback and if Campbell goes down the season is over except for the suffering.
Oh my gosh! A football related post from Crayzhorse! Will wonders never cease?

Advertisements
Old 07-09-2007, 11:56 PM   #32
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyhorse1 View Post
Brunell is a horrible quarterback and if Campbell goes down the season is over except for the suffering.
Are you serious, he is a more viable backup than at least half of the other QB's in the league. He did have a successful career up until he came to Washington. Now that he is healthy I am confident in his abilites to backup successfully if he needs to.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:33 AM   #33
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg View Post
Are you serious, he is a more viable backup than at least half of the other QB's in the league. He did have a successful career up until he came to Washington. Now that he is healthy I am confident in his abilites to backup successfully if he needs to.
I agree 100%, people tend to forget those pin point accuracy passes to Santana Moss 2 years when Moss had is record breakin season with the Redskins. That was the same year that Ramsey was supposed to be the man. If Brunell is healthy he is a good QB. So having a healthy Brunell on the bench does not worry me one bit...
Old 07-10-2007, 08:33 AM   #34
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

They pretty much only looked at the starters obviously. While they mentioned the backups, can anyone honestly tell me they really rated PAST the starters?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:17 AM   #35
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
They pretty much only looked at the starters obviously. While they mentioned the backups, can anyone honestly tell me they really rated PAST the starters?
I am a lawyer - I can honestly tell you anything you want to hear.

But yes - this is just rating the starters.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:40 AM   #36
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I didn't see anybody repost the whole article, so here is the write up. I copied and pasted it from insider:

30. Washington Redskins
With a full offseason as the starter, young Jason Campbell is expected to show vast improvement in 2007 and take over this team. He has excellent overall skills, a strong arm and a potentially outstanding deep ball, but he makes bad decisions at times and throws into coverage. The hope is that another year in the offensive system will help his recognition. The coaches will also utilize a run-oriented offense to take the pressure off. Veteran Mark Brunell restructured his contract to stay as Campbell's mentor and backup. Even though his skills and arm strength are diminishing, he still knows this offense and his leadership and poise could be invaluable if Campbell falters and he was forced to play. The No. 3 QB will be Todd Collins. He has a great grasp of this offense and he's probably better than a lot of No. 2 QBs in this league.
Tom Brady and Peyton Manning make bad decisions and they throw into coverage too. I can't count how many times I see Manning do it. If your going to be a great QB sometimes you have to take some chances. This means nothing to me. Just some dumb man's opinion. What's the old saying? Opinions are like assholes? Everyone has one but...... perhaps someone can complete this. I forgot the last part.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:44 AM   #37
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588 View Post
I agree 100%, people tend to forget those pin point accuracy passes to Santana Moss 2 years when Moss had is record breakin season with the Redskins. That was the same year that Ramsey was supposed to be the man. If Brunell is healthy he is a good QB. So having a healthy Brunell on the bench does not worry me one bit...
I agree but that's a BIG if. The guy has been hurt every year he has been here. But he should be fine if his shoulder has healed and he doesn't have to play for 5 weeks in a row. We can get by with him if he only has to play 1-3 weeks.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:45 AM   #38
Coff
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Tom Brady and Peyton Manning make bad decisions and they throw into coverage too. I can't count how many times I see Manning do it. If your going to be a great QB sometimes you have to take some chances. This means nothing to me. Just some dumb man's opinion. What's the old saying? Opinions are like assholes? Everyone has one but......

...Len Paquarelli. That fat bastard has two.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:02 AM   #39
D'BOYZ
The Starter

really guys you get upset of a report that has jacksonville as the 11th best situation and baltimore in the top 10 come on really If I see a worse situation is NYG come Eli sucks we all know it tiki and his last name carried his ass the past 3 years and who's his backup if he goes down you don't have a brunnell type behind him.

just a question which spot was Dal put and what did it said don't have access and curios
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:05 AM   #40
saden1
MVP

I like having Brunell as my backup...I would rather not see him on the field but having him there makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:08 AM   #41
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ View Post
really guys you get upset of a report that has jacksonville as the 11th best situation and baltimore in the top 10 come on really If I see a worse situation is NYG come Eli sucks we all know it tiki and his last name carried his ass the past 3 years and who's his backup if he goes down you don't have a brunnell type behind him.

just a question which spot was Dal put and what did it said don't have access and curios
Eli is streaky just like alot of NFL QB's. He's had some really great games and he's had some really bad ones. He's right in the middle of the pack w/ Romo.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:18 AM   #42
freddyg12
Playmaker

T. Bradshaw had JC rated as the #6 "young qb" in one of the pregame shows last season. He & H. Long seemed to be impressed with him. I must be watching through rose (or is it burgundy?) colored glasses, cause I saw a kid last year w/great poise that made plays & only had a few mistakes. I certainly didn't end last season thinking that we have issues at qb! I certainly didn't think JC added to our 5-11 record. If anything, against Carolina & the Saints, he made plays that helped us win.

I think part of the reasoning that a lot of media heads are going on is thier recent history of rightly criticising the skins. Since they've questioned even Gibbs, especially when he drafted JC, it becomes hard now to say that he made a good move after all & found a qb of the future. It's way too early for any of them to eat crow, we have to win first w/JC, but I really question anyone's judgement that watched him last year & still doesn't see great potential.

Since they won't say it, I will; Jason Campbell, future Super Bowl MVP!
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:19 AM   #43
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
I don't get the Cutler stuff. Campbell and Cutler's stats are identical from last year.

I am really surprised at the degree Campbell is flying under the radar this year, outside of Washington. With a few exceptions (John Clayton, Mort, Jim Mora) people are viewing him as a de facto inheriter of the position who is more back up material, rather than the guy who was chosen and groomed by Gibbs to be the man going into the future. That idiot Colin Cowheard was trashing the Skins on his crap show and argued, who ya gonna get to play quarterback? Jason Campbell? Come on! I'll take Eli Manning and the Giants any day (he then went on to praise the Giants offensive line situation, which grants some perspective).

Last time I checked Campbell was a first round pick with a championship pedigree who played solidly in his first couple NFL starts right? Am I missing something? When did he become a mo?
I thought Jc played OK in his 7 starts and looked as he was getting better as the year went on but we have to remember he only won 2 games (I think two games) his stats were just OK. I myself am happy with JC but I would not bet the farm on him yet.
53.1 PCT
6.27 YPA
What can we expect until we put up the numbers and win some games this is what we are.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:28 AM   #44
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

A whole lot of hype for nothing. This isn't the first article that isn't going to have the Redskins or their position players rated at the top of the league. Let the play determine the ranking come September, and let's not get our panties in a wad over some analysts idea of where the Redskins stand.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:28 AM   #45
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

I personally wouldn't want to see Brunell hit the field this upcoming season. In fact, I would be downright depressed. But, he's definately a better backup than many teams have. I'm cautiously optimistic about JC - he showed a lot of potential last year, but he is still pretty unproven.

As for the media's rankings, who really cares? They have to cover 32 teams and simply are not as familiar with our team as die-hard skins fans are. Also, I prefer to be underrated than overrated.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote