Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

lebron, WOW

Other Sports

Old 06-04-2007, 01:09 AM   #31
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Re: lebron, WOW

I can't believe I'm going to say this as a Laker's fan, but go Spurs. I think Lebron is an amazing player for someone of his age and lack of development ie college, but I can't root for his team thanks to the consistent barage of the media slurping this guy. Now they are already calling him the next great legendary player?! I don't doubt he might be in another 10 years or so, but right now? he hasn't even won anything yet. I know for a fact if he keeps up his pace statistically he will finish his career as a top 10-15 player of all time if not higher, but for heavens sake he's only been in the league for 4 years so let's give him a chance to show he has longevity. It's the same with players like Crosby in hockey, a wide assortment of nfl players including Vince Young and Brady Quinn, a handful of mlb players, and upcoming nba players Durant and Oden. I just hate the mentality of today's media of crowning players before they've proven anything and forcing the idea of the next great player upon us and setting a lot of them up for nothing but being deemed a failure unless certain criteria are meet within a very short time frame.

Advertisements
Old 06-13-2007, 11:59 AM   #32
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

See for some reason LeBron choked once again. Although he had the ball in his hands, he did not take over the game like he is capable of. Honestly it looks like he doesnt want the ball in the 4th.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:39 PM   #33
dmek25
MVP

your not trying to tell me he wasn't fouled at the end of a game? the NBA wants Duncan and the spurs to win. they are getting every call. if you want lebron to be a superstar, then give him the calls that go with it
Old 06-13-2007, 01:42 PM   #34
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

LeBron is very overrated. The Cavs suck and they had an easy road and now they gonna get swept. What a waste of a series. Man, I hate the Spurs though.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:18 PM   #35
Duffman003
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
the NBA wants Duncan and the spurs to win.
why would the nba want the most boring team ever to win the championship again?
Old 06-13-2007, 04:20 PM   #36
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

First of all, LeBron was definitely fouled. However, the NBA (if anything) wanted-no, they needed-the Cavs to win that game. A four-game sweep is the last thing the NBA needs. Their ratings are tanking with each passing playoff game. Not a good thing as they sit at the table and negotiate a new deal with their television partners.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:18 PM   #37
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman003 View Post
why would the nba want the most boring team ever to win the championship again?
See, THAT is what is wrong with basketball. A REAL basketball fan can appreciate the fact that the Spurs play "old school" basketball. They play the game the way it's supposed to be played. None of that "look at me, I'm the only person on the court" b.s. It's a TEAM sport, and the Spurs are the definition of TEAM.
I'm a Celtics fan, and WISH that the Celtics would get on the same boat as the Spurs. They have a recipe for winning that the other teams have yet to figure out.

You call them boring...why? Cause they don't do the "flashy" stuff that the other losing teams do? Real basketball is not about flash, it's about the pure game. I hate what basketball has become, but I love to watch the spurs...it takes me back to the day of Bird and Magic...when the game was all about TEAM.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:34 AM   #38
dmek25
MVP

after watching the Germany game, and seeing all the United States games so far, Lebron has distanced himself( other then Wade) as the superior player in the world. if he brings his commitment back to the cavs, along with the addition of Williams, they could make another run at the finals. no one will beat team U.S.A if they stick to that ball hawking defense
Old 08-18-2008, 01:27 PM   #39
DarkKnight
Special Teams

Quote:
i know alot of you guys don't like Lebron James. with that out of the way, anyone watch last nights game? Lebron made just about every kind of shot imaginable. and carried Cleveland to the win. anyone think any of Cleveland other starters could start for any other team? what a bunch of scrubs. and i know smootsmack will argue about Larry Hughes, but me being a sixer fan, think Hughes is a big bust. all i have to say about Lebon is wow. and what a cheap ass foul by Mcdyess. usually a stand up guy, but needs to be suspended for that cheap play.

Who on hear dont like lebron.........???? OHHHHHHHH you wizard fans..... lol
Old 08-18-2008, 05:59 PM   #40
That Guy
Living Legend

wade kobe and james with good support is pretty impossible to beat.

hopefully they just keep rolling.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:54 PM   #41
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
after watching the Germany game, and seeing all the United States games so far, Lebron has distanced himself( other then Wade) as the superior player in the world. if he brings his commitment back to the cavs, along with the addition of Williams, they could make another run at the finals. no one will beat team U.S.A if they stick to that ball hawking defense
You forgot Kobe. James is not better than Kobe.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:20 AM   #42
dmek25
MVP

lebron is just adding to his legend
Old 05-23-2009, 11:10 AM   #43
djnemo65
Playmaker

A worthy bump. That shot defies description. If the Cavs can win the championship, and I still think that's a big if, that will have to go down as one of the most significant shots in NBA history
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:01 PM   #44
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

I started a thread about this recently too. He is pretty damn good. I have slowly gained more and more respect for him.

I was freaking pissed though. It would have been near over if they went down 0-2.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:36 PM   #45
MasterBlaster

Thats why he is the KING, i hope he win's one, and i hope he beat the lakers, cause that will be a match up, cause for the people living in the 80's there are no more magic and bird match ups, that will never be again...in this life or the next, matter of fact, there will never be another Bird, that era is gone and passed.......it will only be lebron and kobe or lebron and dewayne wade...or the other top stars. If you dont like this Kid! then hockey is your sport......enjoy
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote