Official Capitals vs Flyers Playoff Thread

Other Sports

Old 04-08-2008, 05:01 PM   #31
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Re: Official Capitals vs Flyers Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Why don't they look good now? Those numbers are combined throughout the entire season as most know. The first third of the season was total sh*t! Until we made a coaching change.

Compare numbers after we made a coaching change, wins/losses, and plus and minus you will see a much clearer picture of what the team is to date.

And if you follow the Caps at all, they have alot more than ONE player. They have a half dozen young up and coming stars and great goal tending.
That's a joke...lol:

Advertisements
Old 04-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #32
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588 View Post
That's a joke...lol:
Not really. Huet has been fantastic since we got him.

And if the Penguins don't care about holding on to a #1 seed and securing home ice over every team in the conference, then that's the type of team I want to see in the playoffs.

Prior to this season the Southeast has been the best division for 3 or 4 years. One down season and suddenly they're bottom feeders. Okay. Like I said, we don't pick our opponents, we just beat 'em.

You refuse to acknowledge the numbers- 38-17 with Boudreau as the head coach. I don't call a 55 game span a "lucky" fluke.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:09 PM   #33
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
That's a joke...lol:
Huet is 11-2-0 since we got him and I believe a 1.69 GAA.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:10 PM   #34
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Raise your hand if you didn't really care about the Penguins until about a week ago, but now you really want them to lose and lose miserably
Old 04-08-2008, 05:13 PM   #35
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Both hands up.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:15 PM   #36
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Raise your hand if you didn't really care about the Penguins until about a week ago, but now you really want them to lose and lose miserably
Nice. No doubt. If I had 3 hands they would all be up.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:25 PM   #37
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
That's a joke...lol:

8588 maybe your better off sticking to football, maybe you know SOMETHING about that?

Your hockey posts are flat out retarded and show you know NOTHING ABOUT HOCKEY! Keep watching the game or read a good book about the sport it can be very informative. ANYBODY can learn, even you, I THINK.

And for the Lighting and Cans.....just guessing but they are probably getting the clubs out, just like your pens are getting ready to do. Remember who the Ducks played last year for the Stanley Cup, I should have never asked that......the SENS, remember that!

And the MIGHTY CAPS wherever you got that from.... there is a reason they are the #3 seed because they have worked harder and played better than ANY other team in the league coming down the stretch, meaning MORE points and the right for the #3 spot in the conference, pretty elementary!
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:29 PM   #38
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
You got it SS....GREAT POST!

I've always hated that team, I'm looking for a broom!

They will depart quickly this year in the post season!
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

Old 04-08-2008, 05:53 PM   #39
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Quote:
8588 maybe your better off sticking to football, maybe you know SOMETHING about that?

Your hockey posts are flat out retarded and show you know NOTHING ABOUT HOCKEY! Keep watching the game or read a good book about the sport it can be very informative. ANYBODY can learn, even you, I THINK.

And for the Lighting and Cans.....just guessing but they are probably getting the clubs out, just like your pens are getting ready to do. Remember who the Ducks played last year for the Stanley Cup, I should have never asked that......the SENS, remember that!

And the MIGHTY CAPS wherever you got that from.... there is a reason they are the #3 seed because they have worked harder and played better than ANY other team in the league coming down the stretch, meaning MORE points and the right for the #3 spot in the conference, pretty elementary!
No they did not get the #3 spot because "they played better than ANY other team in the league coming down the stretch, meaning MORE points", if that is the case than New Jersey should have the #3 spot (NJ - 99points vs. Caps - 94points). No, the caps got the #3 seed because they won a weak division, Mr. Elementary!

How do you know what I know about hockey and what I dont know? Just because I dont follow the NHL through the entire season dose not mean that I dont know anything about hockey. Everything I have said bears some kind of merit please show me where I am wrong...

As a side note, good to see how the personal attacks come out when your chips are down and some one is getting the better of you, upstanding right there...
Old 04-08-2008, 05:57 PM   #40
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Just keep in mind that 8588's intent from the beginning has been to get people riled up by saying that the Caps are merely lucky and the Pens are going all the way. It's not based on any fact, just the desire to agitate.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:43 PM   #41
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
No they did not get the #3 spot because "they played better than ANY other team in the league coming down the stretch, meaning MORE points", if that is the case than New Jersey should have the #3 spot (NJ - 99points vs. Caps - 94points). No, the caps got the #3 seed because they won a weak division, Mr. Elementary!

How do you know what I know about hockey and what I dont know? Just because I dont follow the NHL through the entire season dose not mean that I dont know anything about hockey. Everything I have said bears some kind of merit please show me where I am wrong...

As a side note, good to see how the personal attacks come out when your chips are down and some one is getting the better of you, upstanding right there...
No personal attacks, just FACTS. Read your posts they aren't logical as in they make NO SENSE.

And the chips down......Explain? How could the chips possibly be down for the CAPS, remember the team that got LUCKY to get in anyway....? We are the #3 seed in the conference playing in the Stanley cup playoffs it couldn't get any better......your confused.

The cup is full! Us Cap fans are very happy winning our division!

Don't be a sour grape Ms. Elementary your pens aren't going to be around long anyway! So enjoy it while you can, it's going to end very soon. LOL

Old 04-08-2008, 06:48 PM   #42
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Just keep in mind that 8588's intent from the beginning has been to get people riled up by saying that the Caps are merely lucky and the Pens are going all the way. It's not based on any fact, just the desire to agitate.
Its a shame hes not any better at it. Its awful easy to laugh at someone that has no clue what they are talking about.

The pens still SUCK!

HOW BOUT THEM CAPS!!!!!!! THE BEST "LUCKY" TEAM IN THE NHL.....LOL

Old 04-08-2008, 06:51 PM   #43
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Quote:
Its a shame hes not any better at it. Its awful easy to laugh at someone that has no clue what they are talking about.

The pens still SUCK!

HOW BOUT THEM CAPS!!!!!!! THE BEST "LUCKY" TEAM IN THE NHL.....LOL
For not being any better at it, it seems to me that you got worked up over it...
Old 04-08-2008, 06:54 PM   #44
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Quote:
Which is true, but I did not in any way make this into a personal thing with anyone. I have no problem discussing this with anyone, and yes the "lucky" comment was more for the agitation than anything else. And its fine to bash the PENS again I really don't get worked up about it like others...
Old 04-08-2008, 06:58 PM   #45
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Which is true, but I did not in any way make this into a personal thing with anyone. I have no problem discussing this with anyone, and yes the "lucky" comment was more for the agitation than anything else. And its fine to bash the PENS again I really don't get worked up about it like others...
Is your keyboard broken? You keep capitalizing "PENS."