Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Albert Haynesworth on Sirius NFL

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-26-2009, 10:46 PM   #31
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Re: Albert Haynesworth on Sirius NFL

Wow, that guy seems a bit butthurt, really reaching for some of that stuff.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-26-2009, 11:12 PM   #32
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Wow, that guy seems a bit butthurt, really reaching for some of that stuff.
Yeah, no kidding. It all went downhill from Kuharsky's beginning comment, which was,

"When you get the money and affection he got, of course you're happy and saying good things about the new team and not so good things about the old team."

Here Kuharsky completely ignores the possibility that AH could have said nice things about both teams. And AH didn't really diss Tennessee, AH just said that he felt it was time for new pastures. Phat Al went to college in Tennessee, too, and might understandably yearn for a change of scenery without resentment for the old scenery.

Personally I don't think I'll be reading many of his columns in the future.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:50 PM   #33
brent
Special Teams

While no one can dispute New England's success, you have to do things your own way. You can't just "copy" a franchise's approach to player/personnel decisions.

If you are paying a dude $100 million or whatever, it makes sense to get him involved in the process of making sure you get the most out of him. Doesn't every successful team design their offense around what their QB does best? Gibbs was famous for that.

I think that's a real positive, and something the Skins have failed to do in recent past.
brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:28 PM   #34
Zerohero
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu_nna View Post
Our defense has never been "soft". This is not the NFC West we are playing in. Yes we've had our offensive woes, but that does not translate into a soft team. We are not even close.
I have to agree with this, and go on to say how hard its been to be in the NFC East. Even when the cowgirls, eagles, giants have off years they are still very competitive teams.
Zerohero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:47 PM   #35
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Not to change the topic, but I'm loving the love fest from all the media and magazine types. The only good thing they can say about the Skins is that they had the 4th ranked defense last yr and now having aquired AH and signing Hall we may improve.

NFL.COM, NFL network, Lindy's magazine, Pro Football Weekly magazine, Beckett's magazine, and Athlon Sports magazine. All point out that we were 8-8 last yr and made no improvements on the offensive side of the ball. They point out that we have no faith in JC and looked to pick up another QB. Obviously he sucks. We have no WR threat save for Moss and ARE. Oh and we need help at the SLB. They all list us last in the division for 09.

Our biggest issue last yr was we had a new HC with a new offensive scheme. That alone would keep a team below 500. We broke even. Most teams in their second yr in the same offense do better. I have to imagine we will do better. Perhaps it's my positive thinking but I truly doubt it's cool aid. So I believe atleast 9-7 or better.

I know we have had issues at WR but it seems we have a plethora these days. Now some might say they are unproven. True, but again I have to believe Kelly will do better then last yr which was doing nothing at all. I have to believe Thomas will be a lot better having better knowledge of the plays, audibles, speed, and routes. I don't know if they will both turn out to be 1st rate caliber WR's but even if they are half that they help the team. If they can produce 2 TD's they have helped more then Thrash did last yr...on offense.

I have to imagine our TE Davis was imbarrassed with his lack of production last yr. As well as Cooley. I can see both having an awsome season.

I have to believe with a better knowledge of the offense our passing attack will be better openning holes for CP or Betts or whoever they put back there. Teams will not be able to stack the box.

All these things are almost givens. I have not mentioned anything that would be far fetched. Unless the team implodes these things I have mentioned can almost be expected. The problem is everyone is from the show me state. Show me what you can do consistantly or get off the field. Which is why no one picked the Cards to go to the SB. I don't know. I'm sorry for venting, but I'm just tired of all the "Love fest for the Eagles going to the SB in 09. I have not seen enough changes on their part either to indicate they are worthy of taking the #1 spot in the NFC East. Last yr McNabb was healthy and they went no where. Second to last. I keep reading how this yr McNabb will be healthy and he will have weapons. What weapons? Yes, their last yrs rookie will be better this yr no different then Thomas and Kelly. Lets see...they have one new weapon now and we have two. They picked up another WR, TE, and RB. Nice. It will be difficult for the WR and TE because they will have to learn the offense, speed of the NFL, routes, play calls, and audibles. I don't see them having much of a change untill next yr. The RB might find some success only cause he simply has to learn the blocking then just run for the whole. The Eagles O-line and D-line are their best parts. Their defensive secondary is beatable. No improvement. I see the same mediocre team from last yr.

Dallas might be able to right the ship better then the Eagles but I think they are suspect in the secondary as well, they have lost their best offensive weapon that teams had to account for, their QB is second rate like ours but can get the job done. Then there's the HC. He sucks.

I see the only real threat coming from the Giants. Untill they get bumped off their pedistal they are the top dog, but their pedistal is starting to crumble. They lost two great WR's and have not replaced them. I think honestly their time has come and gone. They are on the downward slide. This yr will show for it.

Agian I'm sorry for venting and sorry this was soo long.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:50 PM   #36
MTK
\m/

If the OL holds strong and we get something, anything from Thomas, Kelly and Davis, I can easily see 10-6 or better.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #37
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I can only hope Zorn is cutting all the "Summaries" out from all these magazines and posting them around Redskins Park. I know I'm a homer and I like to drink from the cool aid but I don't think I way out of line thinking we could be the team in the NFC East. If nothing else second place. If nothing else it screams volumes that the Eagles would let a team with a new HC trying to learn a new offense beat them twice. Apparently they are not that great.

I believe our division will probably beat up on each other. I'm being respectable to the other teams when saying that. Outside of that I see our only threats being New Orleans, Atlanta, and San Diego. We have:
St. Louis-winnable
Detroit-winnable
Tampa-winnable(New HC, possibly change to scheme)
Carolina-winnable
KC-winnable(again new HC,new scheme)
Denver-winnable(new HC, new scheme)
Oakland-winnable(need I say more, AL Davis)

Drinking from the cool aid is to say we will win them all. Although I like the sound of that. If we split the division we would be 3-3. Then there's all the ones I listed above. I presume a couple will catch us off guard like Carolina, and Tampa if they have not changed their offense. That's 3-5.
St. Louis
Detroit
KC
Denver
Oakland
are wins in my book, we would be 8-5. Then you have the 3; Atlanta, San Diego, and New Orleans. This is what will make us or break us. Will we be 8-8 again? I doubt it. I see us beating two of these three teams. 10-6. Now if we can beat any of our division rivals twice would even be better and I can actually see it possibly happening. Especially the Eagles. Perhaps Dallas this yr also.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:33 PM   #38
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Also....(this is my complaint day.LOL) why have we seen so many Dallas "Replay" games on the NFL network? It seems like ever time I turn on the NFL network and it's "Replay" it's some team against Dallas. Today was Baltimore. They've shown the Dalls vs. Eagles, Dallas vs. Seattle, Dallas vs. Baltimore, Dallas vs. Giants, and I think Dallas vs. Green Bay.

A close second has to be the Giants all over the network. Giants vs. Eagles, Giants vs Patriots, Giants vs. Dallas, .....

I hope there will be a Redskins week. lol.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:04 PM   #39
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Also....(this is my complaint day.LOL) why have we seen so many Dallas "Replay" games on the NFL network? It seems like ever time I turn on the NFL network and it's "Replay" it's some team against Dallas. Today was Baltimore. They've shown the Dalls vs. Eagles, Dallas vs. Seattle, Dallas vs. Baltimore, Dallas vs. Giants, and I think Dallas vs. Green Bay.

A close second has to be the Giants all over the network. Giants vs. Eagles, Giants vs Patriots, Giants vs. Dallas, .....

I hope there will be a Redskins week. lol.
Yes, it is quite annoying that they rarely show the 'Skins. Even when they have historical games, they never seem to pick 'Skins games.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:23 AM   #40
ethat001
Impact Rookie

I'm a little worried about the AH injury bug. He's getting older and we've got keep him healthy for years. Given his history, I hope he can last us the full season. Either way, I guess we have capable backups that would bend-not-break for us if needed.
ethat001 is offline   Reply With Quote