Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins to Restrict Large Tailgate Parties

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-22-2009, 10:57 PM   #31
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Redskins to Restrict Large Tailgate Parties

I've only gone to a handful of games at FedEx and the experience I think has gotten better over the years, but it's never been great.

On the other hand, going to a Ravens game is a great experience...except for the fact it's the Ravens

Advertisements
Old 06-22-2009, 10:59 PM   #32
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

If Im reading this correct you can still tailgate, you just cant take up multiple spots. IE grill behind your vehicle instead of next to it. I don't see the big deal, you want to have a huge party, you'll walk a bit longer.

Personally, I'd much rather watch a game on TV than go anymore. Unless it's a special atmosphere game (2005 Cowboys Game was crazy!)
Old 06-22-2009, 11:03 PM   #33
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Smootsmack:

Ravens' home games are more fun than Skins' home games from the perspective of "game day experience".

One of the absolute best NFL stadium experiences is to get invited to one of the top-shelf luxury boxes in Philly at the Linc. You do NOT want to be in the parking lots among all of the mouthbreathers who are tailgating there, but once you get to the premier luxury boxes at the Linc, you are in a very good place...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:46 AM   #34
jdlea
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinDogg View Post
2. ...SEVENTEEN YEARS and five months. Or January 12, 1992 to be exact, championship game - Redskins 41, Lions 10. Yeah I was at this game.
This is incorrect. The last time they won the division, in 1999, they hosted a game in the Wild Card round and beat the Lions 27-13 at home.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:48 AM   #35
jdlea
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
Smootsmack:

Ravens' home games are more fun than Skins' home games from the perspective of "game day experience".

One of the absolute best NFL stadium experiences is to get invited to one of the top-shelf luxury boxes in Philly at the Linc. You do NOT want to be in the parking lots among all of the mouthbreathers who are tailgating there, but once you get to the premier luxury boxes at the Linc, you are in a very good place...
So long as you're rooting for the Ravens, otherwise a lot of the fans there are a$$holes! I've seen them act like jerks to Browns fans and I experienced during the Sunday Night game last year. What's worse: I don't think the a$$hole Baltimore fan is the minority.

I actually know a lot of them (from living in B-More) and I had a Ravens fan tell me, before last season, "Joe Flacco can die in a car fire for all I care, he hasn't proven anything, it's all about Troy Smith, F*@K FLACCO!" Immediately after saying that every Ravens fan at the party cheered. Come the middle of the season when I was saying, "I told you he would be good." They all claimed he had earned his stripes and was the "new Troy Smith." True Story.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:33 AM   #36
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

jdlea:

There are idiotic fans everywhere - - not just in Baltimore.

Recall I said that going to the luxury suites at the Linc was a great experience; we need not contemplate the rationality and the sobriety of a large number of Philly fans in the same stadium.
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:46 AM   #37
roth74va
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalecpa View Post
Service: Escalators that don't work, lines everywhere. Pat down searches to make sure you don't smuggle in peanuts.
I cant believe people are so upset about this news. They arent doing away with tailgating, they are just moving it to the back of the lots to minimize the congestion. Its pretty annoying to get into the lots to see every-other-spot taken up by a group of drunks. Just move to the back, do your thing and have a good time. Most of you guys could use the extra 50 yard walk anyway.

AND.............what stadium are you going to? Ive never seen the escalators broken, and the searches are for guns.....not peanuts. Wake up!
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:53 AM   #38
jdlea
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
jdlea:

There are idiotic fans everywhere - - not just in Baltimore.

Recall I said that going to the luxury suites at the Linc was a great experience; we need not contemplate the rationality and the sobriety of a large number of Philly fans in the same stadium.
Oh, I'm well aware of that. I'm just saying that I'm not actually sure how Baltimore fans have escaped a bad rep. I had beer bottles thrown at me on the club level at the Ravens-Skins game last year. It was more than just a select few is all I'm trying to say.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:05 AM   #39
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by roth74va View Post
I cant believe people are so upset about this news. They arent doing away with tailgating, they are just moving it to the back of the lots to minimize the congestion. Its pretty annoying to get into the lots to see every-other-spot taken up by a group of drunks. Just move to the back, do your thing and have a good time. Most of you guys could use the extra 50 yard walk anyway.

AND.............what stadium are you going to? Ive never seen the escalators broken, and the searches are for guns.....not peanuts. Wake up!
I agree. Nice post.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:37 AM   #40
MTK
\m/

It does seem to be a little ridiculous that premium spots are taken up like this. Makes sense to have a designated area for tailgating.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:49 AM   #41
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
It does seem to be a little ridiculous that premium spots are taken up like this. Makes sense to have a designated area for tailgating.

Makes perfect sense. I think it's a good move by the organization. Plus somehow, they're suppose to improve the flow of traffic after the games which I'm all for. And if you want to party before the game, you know exactly where to go.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:04 AM   #42
jgalecpa
Special Teams

Quote:
Really?

Look at the previous poster about the Mom who had her chips confiscated but not the knife.

I Have seats in Section 401. Top level, 50 yard line.

You have to take the large escalator up or risk a hip replacement 1/2 way up (I think they have a surgical unit there doing them as you go).

REGULARLY, sections of this three stage escalator are turned off and/or broken (it doesn't matter which one it is, it isn't working).

Last year while going up, the center stage of the escalator stopped abruptly while fully loaded. The lower stage kept going though, poring people into the stopped throng at the top. The 'security' people did nothing even though it was a significant crush hazard.

As I stated, this tailgating issue had no influence whatsoever on my decision to not renew, it was emblematic of the Daniels doing what he can to squeeze out a few more bucks, though.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:10 AM   #43
irish
Playmaker

This is a good move. All people want is to be able to park in a space they paid for without getting spit on or harassed. Tailgating isnt going anywhere (thats good too) they just need to stay in the space they paid for.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:16 AM   #44
jgalecpa
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
This is a good move. All people want is to be able to park in a space they paid for without getting spit on or harassed. Tailgating isnt going anywhere (thats good too) they just need to stay in the space they paid for.
That's fair.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:39 AM   #45
Miller101
Special Teams

Quote:

Dude, I had a friend forget to leave her pepper spray in the car. She was all worried that she might get arrested. She almost walked the 15 minutes back to the car too drop it off. I talked her out of it. I told her, "Don't worry, they only care if you're sneaking in bottles of liquor or food and stuff like that". I was right.

And the big deal is why make it a big deal. Why not let people park where they want to. Why not let the die hard tailgaters, who get there at the crack of dawn, get the spot that they want? Why does there have to be a rule for every gosh dang thing that there is in this world? Let people have fun for once and chill out. Parking has always been first come/ first serve. Why change it now? Its bullshit! If anything Danny should shrink is high priced purple lots so more people could fit into the cheaper green and orange lots. Not rearrange parking for all of the die hard tailgaters! That is what is wrong with this! That is why people are so upset.

And trying to say that you're going to reduce the congestion by doing this is a form of horseshit to the finest degree! Newsflash! 50,000 cars, 500 buses, and 50 limos produce congestion. Most people know that! ITS CALLED DUH!

Ohhhh and the escalators were broken for just about every game I went to last year. Either that or just turned off.
"And the Redskins went down there and manhandled them and they basically undressed them and now everybody's been lining up to get a piece of them." - John Riggins on the last game we played in Texas Stadium
Miller101 is offline   Reply With Quote