Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Haynesworth Sent Home From Practice (rips defensive scheme/coaches)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-26-2009, 11:20 AM   #31
franklinhimself
Special Teams

re: Haynesworth Sent Home From Practice (rips defensive scheme/coaches)

This situation reminds me of excellent coaches versus not so good coaches.
I'm from Syracuse- and I'm not saying their old football coach (Paul Pasqualoni) was a great coach but i did think much more highly of him after i learned that pretty much directed his staff to uproot their offensive scheme when McNabb came in, recognizing he was an extremely special talent.

I like Blache from the standpoint of an old school disciplinarian whom I think runs our D pretty well, but in the world today you've got to be able to be flexible, and recognize the tremendous talent you have the privilege of working with.
franklinhimself is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #32
franklinhimself
Special Teams

Maybe this is grounds for a new thread:

Who are some top name possible D-Coordinator candidates?
franklinhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:33 AM   #33
12thMan
MVP

As far as players airing dirty laundry or publicly disagreeing with coaches, eh? I don't know, I think we tend to make a bigger deal of it than it really is. Sure it's not the most professional thing to do, but teams shrugg of comments and locker room disagreements all the time.

Every team has one or two prima donnas that tend to go off script once in a while. You just have to know how to manage it, because you can't keep players from speaking their minds nowadays. Grievances fester. And now athletes use Twitter, they blog, they facebook, text, or whatever means to get their point across. It's simply part of the modern day sports culture and media age we now live in.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:34 AM   #34
Big C
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinhimself View Post
This situation reminds me of excellent coaches versus not so good coaches.
I'm from Syracuse- and I'm not saying their old football coach (Paul Pasqualoni) was a great coach but i did think much more highly of him after i learned that pretty much directed his staff to uproot their offensive scheme when McNabb came in, recognizing he was an extremely special talent.

I like Blache from the standpoint of an old school disciplinarian whom I think runs our D pretty well, but in the world today you've got to be able to be flexible, and recognize the tremendous talent you have the privilege of working with.
very true. his system worked when we had no name chumps starting for us like lemar marshall, joe salavea'a, etc. but we have real talent on defense now. we can be much more aggresive now.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:04 PM   #35
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
You know Carlos Rogers has taken a lot of heat around here, and deservedly so, but you can almost sense he's been biting his tongue for a while now. Again, Rogers has been horrible but I think if had the opportunity to be completely candid, I think he'd place some of the blame on his coaches.
I agree, you could feel his frustration when he was benched earlier in the season and at other times in the last two yrs. His comments at times have the coaches viewing him and Haynesworth in the same vein, they both make too much noise in their public analysis of the coaching staff. If Carlos were let loose I'm sure he would have much more to say.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:13 PM   #36
tdSKINS1
Impact Rookie

Haynesworth rips Redskins' D scheme

Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth: Coaches all against me - ESPN

More on Haynesworth from ESPN
#21 Never Forget
HOKIES!
tdSKINS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:17 PM   #37
elamin24
Special Teams

Re: Haynesworth rips Redskins' D scheme

it begins
Old 12-26-2009, 12:17 PM   #38
tdSKINS1
Impact Rookie

I'm sorry this link is in the other Haynesworth thread I started you can close this down if need be. It is being discussed in the other thread. My apologies.
#21 Never Forget
HOKIES!
tdSKINS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:25 PM   #39
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Let me see if I got this right cause I just heard it....

We bring in the 100 mill $ man to wreak havoc all game long. He shows up, been a team player, defended other players on the field, and true he takes plays off but he also give 150% when on the field by taking on two players every play on almost all games.

We are at the end of a losing season....one in which Zorn has failed to show up to for 6 games of last season and all of this season. Call it what you want late or absent but HC has not been there and he's going to send a player home? He could not fine him? Could not tell him he's staying after for extra work? Make him do up downs for a half an hour? .....sent him home. Thats the best you can do? Zorn's got issues. I have no problem with AH speaking out cause we all know Zorn is gone at seasons end. I wish I was AH....I'd start showing up late to all the meetings. I mean if my punishment is to be sent home then I'd gladly sit on my couch and collect my 100 mill.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:35 PM   #40
Son Of Man
Impact Rookie

I can't wait for this ENTIRE coaching staff to be gone!!!
Old 12-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #41
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Let me see if I got this right cause I just heard it....

We bring in the 100 mill $ man to wreak havoc all game long. He shows up, been a team player, defended other players on the field, and true he takes plays off but he also give 150% when on the field by taking on two players every play on almost all games.

We are at the end of a losing season....one in which Zorn has failed to show up to for 6 games of last season and all of this season. Call it what you want late or absent but HC has not been there and he's going to send a player home? He could not fine him? Could not tell him he's staying after for extra work? Make him do up downs for a half an hour? .....sent him home. Thats the best you can do? Zorn's got issues. I have no problem with AH speaking out cause we all know Zorn is gone at seasons end. I wish I was AH....I'd start showing up late to all the meetings. I mean if my punishment is to be sent home then I'd gladly sit on my couch and collect my 100 mill.
I don't think Haynesworth is worth the money we spent, especially since the Titans got the same production for a fraction of the price, BUT anyone who thinks Carter and Orakpo would have double digit sacks if he weren't here is crazy.
44Deezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:07 PM   #42
wilsowilso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Of Man View Post
I can't wait for this ENTIRE coaching staff to be gone!!!
Every single one of those clowns. Every single one.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #43
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Who cares -- the coaches will be gone in a few weeks and big al will be happy.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:53 PM   #44
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
I don't think Haynesworth is worth the money we spent, especially since the Titans got the same production for a fraction of the price, BUT anyone who thinks Carter and Orakpo would have double digit sacks if he weren't here is crazy.
Trust me I'm totally with you. I agree we over spent on AH, but I have to admit he is freeing up Orakpo and Carter more then Daniels and Griffen.

What gets me is people crying about him taking plays off. Go out on the field and have to move your 300+ pounds and take on two others weighting around 300 a piece. So take on 600 pounds on every play during every game. He will need to take a break now and then.

2 more games. 2 more. Then the owner can send the coaching staff home for not showing up to games until the 4th quarter.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #45
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

.... can't wait for this season to end...
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote