Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Panthers)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-23-2011, 06:55 PM   #31
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Panthers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
This'll be brief:

Jabar Gaffney He doesn't suck. He's been, for the most part a very strong performer for us. But he made two costly errors (drop, then fumble) at the end of the first half that led to three key points-and more importantly killed any momentum for us-at the end of the first half. Of course, other receivers had poor drops but I'll just go ahead and single out JG

Playing Hankerson at the End Unlike John Beck, Hank really is a rookie. Playing his first NFL game ever, I'm not sure he's the guy they should have had in there and targeting at the end of the game

Josh Wilson WTF dude?! I had you pegged as a Stud this weekend!

Kevin Barnes Man, was I wrong about him. I thought he'd be Carlos Rogers with hands. Instead he's Ginger Rogers with two left feet. I haven't seen worse angles since my protactor broke. And so on...but seriously. He's suppoed to be one of the smartest, and most physical players on our D and he's just stinking up the joint week after week. I don't know why Buchanon didn't really play and why they still won't activate Kareem Moore. But if there's one area where I think we are very weak and just time won't help, it's our secondary. I've never been a "Oh no. We're 3-3. Everything must be blown up. We suck so bad" kind of guy...but changes need to be made pretty much asap to our secondary.

Jim Haslett Where was the zero blitz? Heck we barely blitzed at all. I know most people have a fear of zero blitz largely because of the Dallas play. But personally, I like the aggressiveness. And I understand that Cam is unlike any QB the league has seen in a long time. But it felt to me like we were playing soft against him. We should have attacked him more, give him different looks, etc. Rattle him. He's made plenty of mistakes, along with his great plays, in the beginning of this career. Seemed like we didn't really try to force him to make mistakes

Wasted Opportunities You shouldn't let a team beat you when they commit 15 penalties. You just shouldn't

You Yeah I'm looking at you. Your posts in the gameday thread are getting tired. Just shut up already....no don't worry, I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about you (I think we all know who you are)

Me John Beck looked a lot better than I expected. Actually, I think he looked poor in the first half. Made a lot of silly mistakes. But he really stepped it up in the second half. I'm pretty confident he can be effective for us for the rest of the year.

The Deep Pass Where was it? What was AA in the game for, if not to use him to stretch the field

Barry Cofield Was it just me, or did it look like he was just laying on ther ground there with the fumbled ball sitting right next to him? Just stretch our hand out and we get the ball
Pretty much sums it up. Wilson and Barnes simply got abused today. And after watching Wilson the last few weeks I'm really wondering why they signed him to big money. He's ok but that seemed like a bit of a reach money wise. Where's Carlos Rogers when you need him? lol.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-23-2011, 06:56 PM   #32
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc2deuce View Post
this oddly sounds like 2010......I am not saying fire Shanny but great coaches do not lose 2 straight after a bye week!
Who said he was a great coach?
Old 10-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #33
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Who said he was a great coach?
Everyone.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:01 PM   #34
hagams
Impact Rookie

It's a sad day when a team gets over 100 yards of penalty's and still win. That might have something to do with Steve Smith being covered by our # 2 and 3 CB's. I could have playedd WR for Carolina today. We are not a blowout team, and have to win when we are playing a team that makes a bunch of mistakes. Like it was said earlier, no heart out there today.
On a side note, we have some beast tight ends.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:15 PM   #35
GusFrerotte

Come on we can't get too down about this, except the injuries. We are all victims of mass marketing and hype. Even me, Mr Pessimist, bought into the hype after the 2-0 start and started to think Grossman might have rehabilitated himself. But it goes beyond Grossman, it goes to thinking the Shanahan's are some sort of football gurus, when post Elway he only has one playoff win to his credit. Considering all that offensive talent he had, that is rather weak. We are so desperate for a winner that anything Snyder does gets us all giddy inside and thinking about the old days, etc. Snyder is in marketing, so he knows how to push all the right buttons to get us going and stay interested in something that otherwise would bore us. I think Snyder genuinely wants a Lomardi Trophy, but I think his first thought is to keep the "sheep" interested even if the Skins don't. At some point enough people are going to catch on and simply won't show up, etc. I think Beck is going to do well for us. Hopefully Torain and Helu can step it up if Hightower is gone for the season. The newbie Wrs will do well as time goes on. Yeah, it sucks that another season looks to be in jeopardy, but we still can come together and make something happen. I am just getting tired of the same ole same ole, no matter who is our QB, HC, DC, OC, we suck. We better draft O line and CBs next draft. In fact our first pick should be a CB if we can't get Luck. So many quality Qbs in next years draft, a lot of them will go in the 2nd round.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #36
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Oh good, I thought it'd been too long since the last "let's just blame Snyder" post
Someone has got to do it and do it right...Snyder, you are a terrible owner who fields terrible teams. It feels good to state the obvious. It would feel even better if I could just get my hands around that little weasel's neck.

-Jenkins

Last edited by saden1; 10-23-2011 at 07:19 PM.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #37
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Come on we can't get too down about this, except the injuries. We are all victims of mass marketing and hype. Even me, Mr Pessimist, bought into the hype after the 2-0 start and started to think Grossman might have rehabilitated himself. But it goes beyond Grossman, it goes to thinking the Shanahan's are some sort of football gurus, when post Elway he only has one playoff win to his credit. Considering all that offensive talent he had, that is rather weak. We are so desperate for a winner that anything Snyder does gets us all giddy inside and thinking about the old days, etc. Snyder is in marketing, so he knows how to push all the right buttons to get us going and stay interested in something that otherwise would bore us. I think Snyder genuinely wants a Lomardi Trophy, but I think his first thought is to keep the "sheep" interested even if the Skins don't. At some point enough people are going to catch on and simply won't show up, etc. I think Beck is going to do well for us. Hopefully Torain and Helu can step it up if Hightower is gone for the season. The newbie Wrs will do well as time goes on. Yeah, it sucks that another season looks to be in jeopardy, but we still can come together and make something happen. I am just getting tired of the same ole same ole, no matter who is our QB, HC, DC, OC, we suck. We better draft O line and CBs next draft. In fact our first pick should be a CB if we can't get Luck. So many quality Qbs in next years draft, a lot of them will go in the 2nd round.

Preach on my brother!!! We are hell bent on polishing this turd, cause we've been hard at it for years trying to make it shine!!!! Another year is fading fast and its still a pos.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:21 PM   #38
Nomad

Awww now we off riding Shanny nuts....... This team is a high profile joke, our best wr is moss, at best a #2, he is no s.smith, Cooley should have been traded, we blew a 2nd rounder on mc nabb, mike hired his over rated punk son, anyone look good throwing to Andre Johnson, we came into the season with QB no one wanted..........
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #39
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Someone has got to do it and do it right...Snyder, you are a terrible owner who fields terrible teams. It feels good to state the obvious. It would feel even better if I could just get my hands around that little weasel's neck.
You seemed pretty confident about this team in the preseason and early in the season..yet you didn't say anything about what a good team Snyder was fielding then
Old 10-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #40
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
this oddly sounds like 2010......I am not saying fire Shanny but great coaches do not lose 2 straight after a bye week!
Shanahan a "great" coach? Perhaps, perhaps not. But was he the best available option after the Jim Zorn debacle?

I'd give that a "hell yeah."
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:28 PM   #41
pg86
No new threads for you

Quote:
This'll be brief:

Jabar Gaffney He doesn't suck. He's been, for the most part a very strong performer for us. But he made two costly errors (drop, then fumble) at the end of the first half that led to three key points-and more importantly killed any momentum for us-at the end of the first half. Of course, other receivers had poor drops but I'll just go ahead and single out JG

Playing Hankerson at the End Unlike John Beck, Hank really is a rookie. Playing his first NFL game ever, I'm not sure he's the guy they should have had in there and targeting at the end of the game

Josh Wilson WTF dude?! I had you pegged as a Stud this weekend!

Kevin Barnes Man, was I wrong about him. I thought he'd be Carlos Rogers with hands. Instead he's Ginger Rogers with two left feet. I haven't seen worse angles since my protactor broke. And so on...but seriously. He's suppoed to be one of the smartest, and most physical players on our D and he's just stinking up the joint week after week. I don't know why Buchanon didn't really play and why they still won't activate Kareem Moore. But if there's one area where I think we are very weak and just time won't help, it's our secondary. I've never been a "Oh no. We're 3-3. Everything must be blown up. We suck so bad" kind of guy...but changes need to be made pretty much asap to our secondary.

Jim Haslett Where was the zero blitz? Heck we barely blitzed at all. I know most people have a fear of zero blitz largely because of the Dallas play. But personally, I like the aggressiveness. And I understand that Cam is unlike any QB the league has seen in a long time. But it felt to me like we were playing soft against him. We should have attacked him more, give him different looks, etc. Rattle him. He's made plenty of mistakes, along with his great plays, in the beginning of this career. Seemed like we didn't really try to force him to make mistakes

Wasted Opportunities You shouldn't let a team beat you when they commit 15 penalties. You just shouldn't

You Yeah I'm looking at you. Your posts in the gameday thread are getting tired. Just shut up already....no don't worry, I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about you (I think we all know who you are)

Me John Beck looked a lot better than I expected. Actually, I think he looked poor in the first half. Made a lot of silly mistakes. But he really stepped it up in the second half. I'm pretty confident he can be effective for us for the rest of the year.

The Deep Pass Where was it? What was AA in the game for, if not to use him to stretch the field

Barry Cofield Was it just me, or did it look like he was just laying on ther ground there with the fumbled ball sitting right next to him? Just stretch our hand out and we get the ball
I 107th that and I agree with just about all of this post
pg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #42
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Everyone.
How many playoff wins does he have w/out John Elway? Not saying the guy is bad or even average. But I'm not ready to say MS is a great head coach. There are only a select few that I would say that about.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:50 PM   #43
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I hate to beat a dead horse but why is it that when we're down late in the game there is not hurry up offense? That goes on the OC and the HC.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:52 PM   #44
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Well, you can be 'not a great coach' and still not deserve to be fired. Whether you can tell everyone that you're staking your reputation on this years team, have that team not perform, and still not deserve to be fired? That's less clear to me.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #45
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Defense. You all took horrible angles to cam newton today. First drive, they're at a 3 & 12 and we allow Cam to run left right up down side to side to a first down.

Reed Doughty- ...I know fans like you because you try hard..I know people like you because you're one of the only memorable white guys on this team. I know people like you and cheer for you because your son was really sick and you are deaf in one ear. But...you're an awful starter at Free Safety AND Strong Safety. I shouldn't be mad at you because its not you're decision to play as a starter, its the coaches, and I'm mad at them to for starting/playing you/not upgrading to a better safety than you. I would rather we play DeJon Gomes over you at safety, because he has range. You take awful angles, and get beat on play action, and by receivers left and right, you shouldn't be playing on defense, stick to being a good special teamer.

Haslett. Last week it was Kyle Shanahan. This week its you. You know what this kid can do. Arizona's God awful defense stopped him. The Falcons defense can stop you. Chicago can stop you. Green Bay could stop you (but they are really good even though their defense is statistically worse than ours). Why the hell couldn't we beat you with our great Pass rushers, good ILB's, and great SS? I just don't get it. Why is it every team that struggles really feels like they have a chance to beat the Redskins? What flaw out is it that we clearly have? One thing is our corner's. But the other is the fact that Carolina was able to go up and down the field at us. They would get field goals and kill clock. Just like last week with philly. Our defense may be good in parts or some stats, but we still get beat, and beat ourselves. Haslett has got to game plan better. (Last week you sent some All out Blitzes at Vick, some worked. This week you didn't send any. They were already beating us with the stupid blitzes you called, so you might as well should have atleast tried it.)You played the same type of QB two weeks in a row and couldn't get a single win from that. The Offense scored this week unlike last week. This week it's CLEARLY on you Haslett. I'll give you a hint. When we play Buffalo next week (and lose) don't send any corner blitzes. And be prepared to see ____ beat DeAngelo Hall and _______ beat Reed Doughty.