Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

hightower re-signs

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #31
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Re: hightower re-signs

A buddy just came up and said "hey heard you all resigned Hightower." (he's an Eagles fan). I said I didn't know, but pointed out that when he was healthy he played well all the way up until he got hurt. I then said "hey, resign him to a decent low contract... no harm no foul if he gets hurt we didn't lose anything and if he doesn't pan out or look good by preseasons end we can cut him." To which my friend said he was signed for $18 mill. If true....all I can say is he better stay healthy for the majority of his time he's signed for or there better be an injury clause in there somewhere.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #32
MTK
\m/

He signed a 1 year deal
Old 05-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #33
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Finally! I could see him going back to his role with the Cardinals: 3rd down pass-blocking back and goalline TD vulture, a role he excelled at.

With Fletcher and now Hightower on the books, I'm happy.

We also have a QB and WRs, and I'm not sad about losing Atogwe, Landry or McIntosh. The safeties can't stay on the field and Rocky was just a talented disappointment. Keenan Robinson will be an upgrade.

Our secondary could still use another piece or two but I feel our offseason is pretty much complete now.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:53 AM   #34
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Remember before his knee injury he had a bad shoulder. If healthy, he's solid
Yeah, Im a big Hightower supporter and having watched him play at Richmond the guy does alot of things well. But with bad shoulder, knee, etc makes me think he is not a heavy workload guy...I cant see him getting 20+ touches a game and remaining healthy.

The thing about Hightower I really like the best is his attitude and effort. This dude gives 110% every second of every play on the field. He approaches the game right too, every interview Ive seen or read, when faced with a "negative" question or a question about a problem with Skins offense, dude is always positive in his response and always supports the coaching staff.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #35
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
A buddy just came up and said "hey heard you all resigned Hightower." (he's an Eagles fan). I said I didn't know, but pointed out that when he was healthy he played well all the way up until he got hurt. I then said "hey, resign him to a decent low contract... no harm no foul if he gets hurt we didn't lose anything and if he doesn't pan out or look good by preseasons end we can cut him." To which my friend said [B]he was signed for $18 mill[/B]. If true....all I can say is he better stay healthy for the majority of his time he's signed for or there better be an injury clause in there somewhere.
lol, never listen to a beagles fan. geesh

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #36
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
A buddy just came up and said "hey heard you all resigned Hightower." (he's an Eagles fan). I said I didn't know, but pointed out that when he was healthy he played well all the way up until he got hurt. I then said "hey, resign him to a decent low contract... no harm no foul if he gets hurt we didn't lose anything and if he doesn't pan out or look good by preseasons end we can cut him." To which my friend said he was signed for $18 mill. If true....all I can say is he better stay healthy for the majority of his time he's signed for or there better be an injury clause in there somewhere.
And now for the rest of the story.

Hightower actually went to High School with Stephen Burbank, and protected him from the HS bullies. So when Hightower said he couldn't get signed anywhere, Burbank ruled on the Salary Cap issues, giving the Skins back their 18Million, but with the proviso that Hightower had to be signed for that amount. Goodell and Mara both accepted this saying that the Skins gained no excessive competitive advantage by having Hightower on the roster this year.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:42 AM   #37
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Hopefully he comes back at 100% from that torn ACL.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #38
30gut
Playmaker

o HT (if returns to 100%) good all around back (enters camp as the best pass protector), good speed, relatively fluid runner, reads the running lanes well and will make the right choice but imo cannot take a consistent pounding (I don't think any of our backs are built like that) has the mentality but doesn't have the same power to run through contact like Helu

o My favorite of the trio is Helu because of decisiveness, home run speed and his surprising ability to run through contact and break some tackles

o I think Royster is the more fluid runner then Helu (imo moves aren't as quick and tend to be somewhat herky-jerky but effective none the less) and has the best ability small area elusiveness however I think Royster lacks true home run speed and isn't as tough as runner

The way I see it we have 3 RBs capable of rushing for 100 yards given the carries kinda like having RB 1a, 1b, 1c
(Didn't want to start another thread just discussing the RBs? or should I?)

Its gonna be great competition in training camp and through out the season from game to game

I'm sure they'll go with the 'hothand' whichever RB gets in the groove and reads the running lane the best is gonna get the most carries
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #39
los panda
Pro Bowl

olandis gary, mike anderson, and clinton portis
Old 05-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #40
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Good news. We have not so quietly had a good offseason of aquisitions. Could still see a piece or two here or there but I think for the most part and given the salary cap penalty we did well enough. I like this team.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #41
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Relatively speaking, Hightower has had the cleaner bill of health. Helu was playing through a bunch of injuries last season.
Pass Pro is still a valuable asset.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #42
MTK
\m/

Gotta like this attitude

Hightower is back with Redskins, and has a point to prove - Washington Times