Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

I Want ----- To Shut Me Up In 2012

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-25-2012, 06:18 PM   #31
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Re: I Want ----- To Shut Me Up In 2012

I want the front office to shut me up and draft some linemen in the mid-rounds. They binge on Wide Receivers talking about competition while our offensive linemen are practically becoming tenured. They're obviously not nearly as bad as Cerrato was in regards to builidng the O-Line but theres still a little bit to much neglect for my liking.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #32
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

In no particular order
1.Mike Shanahan
2.Kyle
3.Rex G
4.G. Gano
Old 04-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #33
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
D Hall is a constant, then Barnes, then I'll actually say Fred Davis. I know he put up #s but if you watched, a lot of his #s came in garbage time against soft zones. Can put more into blocking too, and of course don't smoke anything!
this is true. i still think Freds a beast but.. nonetheless he needed to make more plays when the game wasnt out of reach and we needed him to get extremely open for Grossman to find him for a 1stdown and like you said playing soft coverage at that point
Old 04-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #34
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

DeAngelo Hall was disappointing to watch last season. Until he starts covering elite wide receivers better, he'll be just an average corner.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #35
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

I really dont think DHall should even be mentioned. Theres many teams with a lesser #1 CB and if were crying over DHall or nebody who is for that matter lost all touch with the game to me. Maybe DHall will be a liability in a couple years with ageing but not NOW. Hes not Champ Bailey we know that... hes not perfect either we know that too but DHall is consistent enough TO ME to not be mentioned on a shut me up thread because hes had some nice performances for us and i cant think of one game he was the reason we lost besides the ONE PLAY Dez got free for ONE CATCH after DHall had shut him down all game. And if u ask me it was our offense to blame that game.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:58 PM   #36
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
DeAngelo Hall was disappointing to watch last season. Until he starts covering elite wide receivers better, he'll be just an average corner.
DeAngelo Hall vs. Megatron. Result? Interception! - Shutdown Corner - NFL*Blog - Yahoo! Sports
Old 04-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #37
GTripp0012
Living Legend

It's kind of late for the front office to prove me wrong (though they'll have plenty of time this weekend to make me look bad), so I'll go with Kyle Shanahan. Make RG3 and Pierre Garcon and Leonard Hankerson look like a real, NFL passing offense that can light up the scoreboard. Outscheme the opposing defensive coordinators on a weekly basis. Show me you're better at your job than Mike would be.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:08 PM   #38
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

I hate to say it, but I'd like Garcon and Morgan to prove me wrong.
I don't think they're terrible or anything, I just feel like they're the type of receivers that you pick up in your fantasy league in the middle of the week because you're #3 WR pulled his hammy.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #39
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins4L View Post
I really dont think DHall should even be mentioned. Theres many teams with a lesser #1 CB and if were crying over DHall or nebody who is for that matter lost all touch with the game to me. Maybe DHall will be a liability in a couple years with ageing but not NOW. Hes not Champ Bailey we know that... hes not perfect either we know that too but DHall is consistent enough TO ME to not be mentioned on a shut me up thread because hes had some nice performances for us and i cant think of one game he was the reason we lost besides the ONE PLAY Dez got free for ONE CATCH after DHall had shut him down all game. And if u ask me it was our offense to blame that game.
Problem with Hall is he consistently gives up those big plays. I miss Rogers. He dropped some INTs -- but rarely did his receiver make big plays. If they caught the ball, he made a tackle shortly after.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #40
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins4L View Post
I think I just want more consistency out of him. Its not bad to be average so long as you're consistent. Sometimes D.Hall is snagging 4 ints in a game and other times he's getting burned left and right and saying he deserves to be cut from the team.

I don't mind a guy who isn't going to get a ton of ints, but can shut down his man. I just want Hall to shut his mouth and be consistent.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #41
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I don't mind a guy who isn't going to get a ton of ints, but can shut down his man. I just want Hall to shut his mouth and be consistent.
Amen. Just prove you can do your assignment.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #42
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I can do this all day long.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #43
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

I don't get why Hall gets SO much focus. He's not our top defensive player and not our worst. I remember after that 4 int game there were those on here criticizing him chalking it all up to luck. Ah well.

For me it's Helu. I've called him a change of pace back and said he lacks the vision to find holes and cutback lanes like a top back. I think he's good but short of great. I'd love for him to be great because that would make our offense dynamic.

If I had to pick on defense, I'd probably go with Barnes. I think he'll be lucky to make it out of camp, he showed me nothing at all last year. Another wasted Cerrato pick.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #44
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
I don't get why Hall gets SO much focus. He's not our top defensive player and not our worst. I remember after that 4 int game there were those on here criticizing him chalking it all up to luck. Ah well.

For me it's Helu. I've called him a change of pace back and said he lacks the vision to find holes and cutback lanes like a top back. I think he's good but short of great. I'd love for him to be great because that would make our offense dynamic.

If I had to pick on defense, I'd probably go with Barnes. I think he'll be lucky to make it out of camp, he showed me nothing at all last year. Another wasted Cerrato pick.
Problem is, he is the #1 CB. If he was the nickle or dime back, I doubt people would be complaining. Or maybe they would be, but I wouldn't. I think Hall would actually be a quite good nickle back.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #45
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Problem is, he is the #1 CB. If he was the nickle or dime back, I doubt people would be complaining. Or maybe they would be, but I wouldn't. I think Hall would actually be a quite good nickle back.
Problem is that people dont like him, on top of his annoying inconsistencies. And the coaching staff refuse to admit that he is not a no. 1 CB.

Our secondary is terrible and I really dont expect much out of them. Our secondary was pretty terrible even when Rogers was here. I just hope that our offense and pass rush is good enough to compensate for this weakness.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Taptalk 2
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote