Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

McDonald's Cashier Loses It

Parking Lot

Old 10-21-2011, 11:43 AM   #31
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: McDonald's Cashier Loses It

That's pretty funny FD

And Matty, I agree they're all to blame. Still, it's not like this guy was cornered alone. There were plenty of other people there to help him. And his co-workers were trying to help stabilize the situation but appeared terrified of him.

Advertisements
Old 10-21-2011, 12:24 PM   #32
firstdown
Living Legend

If they were wearing Dalls shirts the second beating would have been justified.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:51 PM   #33
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
That's why I threw in off-duty, as in he's not carrying a gun.
Ok,but Im under the impression most cops carry their guns even off duty
Old 10-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #34
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

In my opinion, when you're attacked you have every right to use as much force is required to be safe again, which includes deadly force. One can never tell exactly how much force is appropriate -- especially in the heat of the moment -- and when defending yourself it's best to err on the side of caution.

A lot people here are saying that he didn't need to use so much force to be safe, but that cannot be judged by looking at such a short and low quality video. I think we'd be better off if we assumed in his favor until further evidence warrants otherwise.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:56 PM   #35
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

That horrible and the guy giving the beating should have charges pressed against him for his actions which went to far. The woman and her friend should have charges pressed against them for assault and disorderly conduct as well. But i have no sympathy for her or her friend that got beat. zero.

If you want to pick a fight, hit or slap in this case and then go after the person, you have to accept the consequences of what goes along with that action.

if it was the cashier on the ground, they woulda handed out a similar beating.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:18 PM   #36
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
That horrible and the guy giving the beating should have charges pressed against him for his actions which went to far. The woman and her friend should have charges pressed against them for assault and disorderly conduct as well. But i have no sympathy for her or her friend that got beat. zero.

If you want to pick a fight, hit or slap in this case and then go after the person, you have to accept the consequences of what goes along with that action.

if it was the cashier on the ground, they woulda handed out a similar beating.
I'm kinda confused by your comments. You're taking both sides. What charges should be filed against the McDonalds worker. I guess I'm curious. Who, of the parties involved, should get the most time in prison.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:04 PM   #37
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I'm kinda confused by your comments. You're taking both sides. What charges should be filed against the McDonalds worker. I guess I'm curious. Who, of the parties involved, should get the most time in prison.
I think the fact the guy continued to beat the person on the ground after it appeared over should get the most time. That wasnt needed and it appeared over and the person was already rendered defenseless. that simply is indefensible.

But yeah, I believe both equally responsible for blantent criminal actions. Your looking simple assault and disorderly for the couple. your looking assault with a deadly weapon, malicious wounding for the Mickey D's batting champ or the winner of the fight.

He Gets Us
Old 10-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #38
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Big take away for me:

Big Mac Attack > Doing Hood Rat Stuff

He Gets Us
Old 10-21-2011, 11:05 PM   #39
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Police have charged the cashier, identified as Rayon McIntosh, 31, with felony assault, along with criminal possession of a weapon. Both women were charged with menacing, trespass and disorderly conduct. McIntosh is being held at the Manhattan Detention Complex on $40,000 bail, according to the Department of Correction website.

Read more: McDonald's Worker Caught on Cell Phone Video Beating Unruly Customers - DNAinfo.com
It's quite obvious who the cops thought was more in the wrong in this incident. Probably why his ass is sitting in jail on a 40k bond.

and he was fired.

Quote:
The owner of the McDonald's franchise, Carmen Paulino, said that McIntosh "no longer works for my organization."

“I am extremely disturbed by the events captured on tape and am concerned for those injured. The actions of this individual are unacceptable and not characteristic of my employees. This individual no longer works for my organization," she said.

"Operating safe, welcoming restaurants is my top priority. I am fully cooperating with authorities in the investigation.”
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:23 PM   #40
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

I think initially when the women jumped the counter and came after him, he had every right in the world to defend himself.

After the women fall to the floor and they're obviously injured and are in no way able to harm him, it's changed from self defense to assault. You think they're gonna be stupid enough to come after a dude with a weapon? I don't care who you are, you pull a weapon of any sort on me and I'm out.

And shame on his co-workers. Did absolutely nothing to help him out. You don't wanna jump in front of him, but if he's wielding a weapon and bashing some womens faces in, you'd think SOMEONE would try to grab him, the weapon or the women. Around 45 seconds into the video the dude stops hitting the women, shakes his head up and down in a way that says, "Oh yeah? Now what are you gonna do" and then hits them a few more times. Its at that point I think it went from self defense to assault.

As lame as it sounds, with all the drama that goes on at fast food restaurants, I really think companies should strongly consider hiring security guards.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:31 PM   #41
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Apparently they are not aquainted with the "Happy Meal".........
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:48 PM   #42
Peter Cohan
Camp Scrub

Every one has self respect. I think its a lesson for these ladies.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:24 PM   #43
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Cohan View Post
Every one has self respect. I think its a lesson for these ladies.
Welcome to the boards!
Old 10-22-2011, 07:58 PM   #44
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
It's quite obvious who the cops thought was more in the wrong in this incident. Probably why his ass is sitting in jail on a 40k bond.

and he was fired.
It probably has less to do with his actions and more on the fact that he was recently out of prison on parole, so getting in trouble like this is considered a parole violation and he has to stay in jail until they decide what they are going to do to him.

I find it baffling that they aren't charging the woman for assaulting that man in the first place.

But the comments by the McDonalds' owner is the most hilarious.

"Operating safe, welcoming restaurants is my top priority. I am fully cooperating with authorities in the investigation.”
They are so worried about being safe that not only did they decline 24/7 security from off duty NYPD officers, but they also hired a fresh out of jail convicted felon who had served time for a violent crime.

I'm not bashing on the guy, i'm truly not, but i'm trying to understand the decisions of the Mc-Owner who went to the college of McDonalds Hamburgerology. They are already in a hood, they have incidents in there all the time according to other news articles, so its hard to feel bad for them.

Still aghast that no charges are being filed on the woman who initially started the fight by slapping, punching, and chasing the man who initially tried to get away.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:04 PM   #45
WilbursHomie
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
There's a lesson to be learned here: When keeping it real, always be wary of those keepin' it realer
HA, so true. Especially in this case. There are usually two kind of cashiers at McDonalds. Someone's first job, or some who is extremely unhappy with how life has turned out. I'd honestly rather take my chances throwing hands with Shane Mayweather than piss off a McDonalds cashier. You might be poking a sleeping giant with access to a whipping stick.
WilbursHomie is offline   Reply With Quote