Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

F...26.2 Stickers

Parking Lot

Old 06-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #31
saden1
MVP

Re: F...26.2 Stickers

What makes these stickers even more repulsing is the fact that they're missing the time factor. I mean, If you can do it in less than 2 hours and 20 minutes that's a pretty damn great accomplishment.

I think I can easily run 26.2 in about 10 hours. I'm going to shoot for that this summer.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #32
BringBackJoeT
Impact Rookie

My wife bought me a 26.2 magnet and some other running-related stuff two years ago after I crossed the finish line of marathon #5, and I put the magnet on our car. That and a sticker I bought of my favorite MLB team ten years ago are the only things on our car. I didn't realize that the magnet is a source for such angst on the part of others, or that people would be drawing the conclusion that I'm a "douche," so maybe it's time to take it off.
BringBackJoeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #33
KLHJ2
Inactive

There are two types of people in this world when it comes to bumper stickers...those who do and those who don't put them on their car. Generally, those who do are more aggressive and pretentious by nature. I consider them all to be douchebags. I know that I have just pissed off half of the board, in particular those who may reside in southern Virginia.

I do not post my accomplishments on a car nor hang them on a wall in my house for that matter. I know what I have done and I do not have to blurt it out to the entire world to see. Besides, it defaces the value of the automobile.

I honestly believe that the title should be F...Bumper Stickers, but I digress.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #34
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
On the kids' honor roll bumper stickers, I do have a bit of a different opinion though. I agree it comes across pretentious until you think about it from the 6 year old's point of view. He just got a good report card, he's proud, he sees other kids' moms with the bumper sticker on the car, and now he's earned it too. Are you as a parent going to tell him no?

If you did, you'd be a bigger douche than the parent who displays them proudly.
I don't consider my Dad a douche even though he did tell me no. Instead he let me plaster them all over a wall in the garage. Which was a suitable replacement to me at the time.

I personally would not put bumper stickers on any car I own, but can understand why people do it. I just don't care enough to care that you ran 13.1, 26.2, 5k, that your family went to Harvard/Virginia Tech/Montgomery College over the years, that you're pro-choice and voted for so and so in 1988. If you want to display them, more power to you. I'm just not gonna let it bother me as it has TMC.

The ones that get me are those cartoony family ones that shows Dad, Mom, their 4 kids and their 27 pets. My wife and I are convinced they were created by serial killers so they could victimize their prey easier.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #35
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
I don't consider my Dad a douche even though he did tell me no. Instead he let me plaster them all over a wall in the garage. Which was a suitable replacement to me at the time.

I personally would not put bumper stickers on any car I own, but can understand why people do it. I just don't care enough to care that you ran 13.1, 26.2, 5k, that your family went to Harvard/Virginia Tech/Montgomery College over the years, that you're pro-choice and voted for so and so in 1988. If you want to display them, more power to you. I'm just not gonna let it bother me as it has TMC.

The ones that get me are those cartoony family ones that shows Dad, Mom, their 4 kids and their 27 pets. My wife and I are convinced they were created by serial killers so they could victimize their prey easier.
The only thing that makes those worst is if the stick figures are wearing Mickey Ears.

There is a gay couple at my son's day care and they have two women stick figures and a baby one, kind of makes laugh. I admire them for not hiding who they are and just wanting to be like everyone else.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #36
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Just saw a car tonight with a 26.2 and a 13.1

I have seen the 13.1s but never beside of a 26.2. Idiots.

I hate these stickers/magnets too but those cartoons of every family member make me rage on the road. I don't know why but I HATE them. They're always on minivans and usually include a few cats.

I even saw a "family" without a dad sticker...a mom and a few kids and animals. Really, that's something to brag about? I'm sure the advertisement helps burglars too...no man in that house.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:35 PM   #37
GMScud
Swearinger

You know which stickers are extra stupid? The ones that show Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes peeing on something. There are a million versions, all so cheesy.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:43 PM   #38
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
You know which stickers are extra stupid? The ones that show Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes peeing on something. There are a million versions, all so cheesy.

Wait?????? What????? That is my whole back window Calvin peeing on the Dallas star. Are you saying that is not cool???? Great! Just great!
Old 06-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #39
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
I have seen the 13.1s but never beside of a 26.2. Idiots.

I hate these stickers/magnets too but those cartoons of every family member make me rage on the road. I don't know why but I HATE them. They're always on minivans and usually include a few cats.

I even saw a "family" without a dad sticker...a mom and a few kids and animals. Really, that's something to brag about? I'm sure the advertisement helps burglars too...no man in that house.

Here is why you hate them and why I hate them as well. IT means who ever the man in the hosue is has no balls to tell his wife that is stupiedst thing you could possible put on your car becasue you know no guy pussy or not would actually want those on his car.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #40
BuckSkin
Special Teams

Quote:
More times than not in the rear window of a 4x4 pick-up. With a home installed 7" body lift kit.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #41
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Ugh those are horrible. What a disgrace to a great comic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2011, 05:39 PM   #42
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

As a child I didn't want my parents to put the honor roll bumper sticker on their cars. Even at that young age I realized it was kind of a jerk move to bring notice to that. If you are really a smart kid, why does everyone need to be told that? They should already know it.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:58 PM   #43
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Bumper stickers in general are pretty tacky, unless you're driving a clunker.
We can end this right here.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:27 PM   #44
jamf
Pro Bowl

some people have self esteem issues.

To me a 26.2 sticker just signifies they run marathons. I don't take it as boasting.

When I see a bloodydecks.com sticker, I don't immediately think they are better than me because they caught a tuna.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:01 PM   #45
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
some people have self esteem issues.

To me a 26.2 sticker just signifies they run marathons. I don't take it as boasting.

When I see a bloodydecks.com sticker, I don't immediately think they are better than me because they caught a tuna.
No, we're just judgmental assholes. And we like it that way.