Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Debating with the enemy

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #31
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: 2012 Presidential Election (free for all edition)

Money Men: The Powerful and the Secret Names Behind Campaign Dough | Power Players - Yahoo! News

Your country is bought and paid for.

12th man. I don't need to wait till November. As long as money is guiding our politics, it'll continue to be a failure. It's time we get corporate america out of our goverment as well as the religious nuts.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Advertisements
Old 06-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #32
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

This isn't really directly tied to the Presidential race since both parties are gung ho for military spending (regardless of the spin), but read this article, and ask yourself who is the aggressor in the dynamic. And if another country were spending this much on an invisible battleship, how would it be portrayed in our media/politics.

Stealth destroyer, at over $3 billion apiece, is US Navy’s latest answer to rising China - The Washington Post
Old 06-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #33
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Look, I've pretty much resigned myself the reality that Congress is what it is. The voters will and should hold the president accountable on November 6 regardless of the clear obstructionism we've witnessed over the past 3.5 years. I'm not here to make any excuses for Obama. He's a big boy, he signed up for this job, and he needs to put in more work to make this shit right. Period. Voters reward results, not good intentions.

That said, let's see where the economy is come November before we start pronouncing failure.
Its been dems who have not voted along with Obama which has been his problem. His first two year the Dems had total control and he could not get them to vote on his bills but you guys blamed the GOP. You act like he is the first Pres. to have this problem and he is not. Bill Clinton had to work with the GOP and he managed to get bills passed by working with them unlike Obama. Also if I'm correct didn't all his financial advisors who work on the stimulas resign?
Old 06-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #34
12thMan
MVP

I believe two people have resigned: Christina Romer and Larry Summers resigned. Tim Geithner is still there. Romer more or less took the position knowing she would return back to teaching in short order.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #35
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Even Maureen Dowd beginning to turn?
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/03/op...=1&ref=opinion
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/14/opinion/14dowd.html

Column from Maureen Dowd trashing Obama back in Feb 2007. Same shit, different day.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #36
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Had to laugh at this.

"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 06-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #37
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Had to laugh at this.

That's not me.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #38
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

does anybody feel like we really dont have a choice this time around? Im really not happy with Obama, but is Mitt the answer? Dont know, but im leaning towards Mitt at this point.

He Gets Us
Old 06-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #39
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
This isn't really directly tied to the Presidential race since both parties are gung ho for military spending (regardless of the spin), but read this article, and ask yourself who is the aggressor in the dynamic. And if another country were spending this much on an invisible battleship, how would it be portrayed in our media/politics.

Stealth destroyer, at over $3 billion apiece, is US Navy’s latest answer to rising China - The Washington Post

Just the kind of shit I want to see. OMG CHINA HAS A BOAT! QUICK LETS SPEND ANOTHER TRILLION DOLLARS ON WAR MACHINES!! This is a huge reason why Russia went bankrupt. It spent all of its money in the Cold War trying to keep up with the US and for funding a non winnable war in Afghanistan.

This is the shit the Republicans want to spend their money on. Yeah, **** those peasants and their healthcare and social security. We want things that blow up people. (preferably minorities)

Americans want this to change, but our politicians are bought and paid for by military industrial market.

Americans want to slash defense spending, but Washington isn’t listening - The Washington Post

Old 06-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #40
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Just the kind of shit I want to see. OMG CHINA HAS A BOAT! QUICK LETS SPEND ANOTHER TRILLION DOLLARS ON WAR MACHINES!! This is a huge reason why Russia went bankrupt. It spent all of its money in the Cold War trying to keep up with the US and for funding a non winnable war in Afghanistan.

This is the shit the Republicans want to spend their money on. Yeah, **** those peasants and their healthcare and social security. We want things that blow up people. (preferably minorities)

Americans want this to change, but our politicians are bought and paid for by military industrial market.

Americans want to slash defense spending, but Washington isn’t listening - The Washington Post

This isn't republican/democratic, both sides spend on military, in ridiculous amounts, and on projects that bring work into their district. Growing up Sam Nunn (D-Ga) was one of the most powerful proponents of military spending. Ultimately you don't need a 3Billion dollar boat to protect our shores/interests you need a 3Billion dollar boat because you want every body to see the size of your toys.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #41
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
This isn't republican/democratic, both sides spend on military, in ridiculous amounts, and on projects that bring work into their district. Growing up Sam Nunn (D-Ga) was one of the most powerful proponents of military spending. Ultimately you don't need a 3Billion dollar boat to protect our shores/interests you need a 3Billion dollar boat because you want every body to see the size of your toys.
I was referring to the voters in part, not the legislators. Quite frankly, they are ignoring the people.

By in large, the Dems want to cut more in military spending than the Republicans when it comes to the voters. The legislators are going to favor who ever is lining their pockets regardless of party affiliation.

Quote:
; Republicans want $74 billion cut, on average, Democrats want a $124.4 billion cut, and independents want a $112.2 billion reduction.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #42
GMScud
Swearinger

Gotta love slick Willy
Bill Clinton is out of control - Roger Simon - POLITICO.com
Old 06-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #43
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Why is he even still married to Hillary? Hey honey, I'm going to go out and blast your boss on national media for not pandering to my financial donors who've I've more than willingly took cash from over the years. (not even including his blunder in her presidential campaign as noted in article)

This is all I need to know from this article.

Quote:
Times were good, Clinton got the credit and, today, he still has a lot of friends in business and high finance and these friends help fund his philanthropic endeavors.
It really nullifies everything he has to say.

To think that a man who made his living out of buying companies, stripping them of resources and outsourcing jobs to another country is a "sterling" business guy? Sure, in a country who's economy isn't desperate for jobs and income flowing into its economy. In the real world (ours), such a business man is the opposite of what we need. We need somebody who's going to hold big businesses accountable in taxes and ethics, while creating such jobs in our market and raising the quality of living for people in general, not just the wealthy.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #44
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

What Obama isn’t telling us | Power Players - Yahoo! News
Old 06-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #45
firstdown
Living Legend

I was actually impressed that Obama did a cyber attack on Iran. What sucks is someone leaked the info.
Closed Thread