Positive remark on McNabb

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-10-2010, 09:36 AM   #31
Leader In Sports
Special Teams

Re: Positive remark on McNabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
There are certain types of fans and media say that about any player that gets there and doesn't win.
In the Super Bowl era, McNabb is the most successful QB the Eagles have ever had. His record blows the pants off of Jaws, Cunningham etc.

Last edited by Leader In Sports; 06-10-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Leader In Sports is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #32
scowan
The Starter

I think McNabb will be fine. I worry more about the injuries this team has always had in the past few years. Portis gets hurt a lot now, so does/did our OL. Can our young WRs step up and really contribute, and can we score more than 17 points a game? Those are my questions.

McNabb is not what I worry about.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:07 AM   #33
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I think it's unfair pressure on McNabb really, to all of a sudden be expected to be "the answer". I am not a huge McNabb fan, but i respect him as a person and what he has done for the Eagles, but the truth of the matter is that Campbell was such a poor quarterback here, along with a myriad of other problems, that it places undue expectations on Donovan, who is surely in the twilight of his career.

IMO, they would have gave themselves just as much chance of success this year by drafting a young new QB to go along with the new system that they are building here. Donovan will be good for a year maybe even two, but what worries me the most is that there is nobody behind him that can be a legitimate starter when he goes down. Colt is the only guy i see who could be molded into a starter. Rex was a failed experiment. I dunno about Bartel, or even if he will be here when the season starts.
Donovan is going to be the most closely watched player we've traded for in a long while. The pressure he'll be under may or may not be justified, but it comes with the territory and the position he plays. Because he has been a combination of both success and failure, the scrunity will be heightened depending on how successful he is in leading the team to a winning season. God forbid he get's injured.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:55 AM   #34
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Hicks almost certainly won't be a better RT than Heyer. Williams, on the other hand, probably can do about as well as post-probowl/end of career Samuels in his first year.
I can't tell if your saying that Samuels was good or bad then, i guessing you're saying good right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Hicks is a 31 year old failed right guard who still has a job because he's a system guy.

Heyer might not be adequate by most standards, but he's an NFL offensive tackle, at the very least. Guys like Mike Williams and Artis Hicks are just blocking others like Lichtensteigher/Rinehart/Fanaika/Edwin Williams/Heyer.
I think describing Hicks as a failed RG is selling him short b/c Hicks can play all the OL positions except C. Over the past couple seasons he's played more OT then OG. I think its more accurate to describe him as a quality back-up swing OL.

I'm one of the few people in this forum that defends Heyer, mainly because he played most of last season with a major knee injury.
Prior to last Heyer was a quality OT.

But, if we're comparing Hicks to the injured Heyer from last year i think its safe to say that Hicks is an upgrade b/c Heyer was the 71st rated OT out of 77.

Then i think an underrated element in the upgrade along the OL is the coaching/teaching/scheme upgrade from Shanahan
+Bobby Turner/Forester.

I thought the offense looked much more capable when Bingo Lewis was calling then Zorn and that was with the same personnel, now we've upgraded the talent and the playbook.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:59 AM   #35
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Donovan is going to be the most closely watched player we've traded for in a long while. The pressure he'll be under may or may not be justified, but it comes with the territory and the position he plays. Because he has been a combination of both success and failure, the scrunity will be heightened depending on how successful he is in leading the team to a winning season. God forbid he get's injured.
From what I've heard so far on how the other QBs are doing during the OTAs...we're screwed...but it's early still...still time to get Chase Daniel back!
Old 06-10-2010, 01:12 PM   #36
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
From what I've heard so far on how the other QBs are doing during the OTAs...we're screwed...but it's early still...still time to get Chase Daniel back!
That's the one thing a lot of people are concerned about, if Donovan goes down then what? Most people I talk too are certainly not enthused about Grossman being the #2 QB. I guess unless something unforeseen develops, it is what it is.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:15 PM   #37
DIRTEE
Special Teams

I love our QB rotation. Each one knows how to get rid of the ball in a quick manner.
DIRTEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #38
rbanerjee23
The Starter

^^ haha, you love rex grossman managing a game?? Unfortunately, I don't have your confidence.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:49 PM   #39
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
That's the one thing a lot of people are concerned about, if Donovan goes down then what? Most people I talk too are certainly not enthused about Grossman being the #2 QB. I guess unless something unforeseen develops, it is what it is.
We still have Colt.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:30 PM   #40
DIRTEE
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
^^ haha, you love rex grossman managing a game?? Unfortunately, I don't have your confidence.
I think that Grossman is a great backup and Colt is a great 3rd stringer. This isn't a Pro Bowl game, you're not going to have 3 Hall of Famers as QB's.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:47 PM   #41
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

We also have the great Richard Bartel.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:03 PM   #42
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTEE View Post
I think that Grossman is a great backup and Colt is a great 3rd stringer. This isn't a Pro Bowl game, you're not going to have 3 Hall of Famers as QB's.
If you're down by 10 and its the start of the 4th quarter and McNabb goes down, is Grossman going to bring us back? Is Colt? you can't pick an extreme like having a HOFer as a backup - but servicable/decent is an acceptable expectation.

Grossman is decent and probably won't lose the game for you as a backup but is he going to get those 10 points? Don't bet on it. Also, Colt would get annihilated if he were actually put in a game against any team in the NFC beast so he shouldn't even be in the conversation.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:06 AM   #43
DIRTEE
Special Teams

Quote:
If you're down by 10 and its the start of the 4th quarter and McNabb goes down, is Grossman going to bring us back? Is Colt? you can't pick an extreme like having a HOFer as a backup - but servicable/decent is an acceptable expectation.

Grossman is decent and probably won't lose the game for you as a backup but is he going to get those 10 points? Don't bet on it. Also, Colt would get annihilated if he were actually put in a game against any team in the NFC beast so he shouldn't even be in the conversation.
I'm going to continue to believe that Rex and Colt are game ready until I see otherwise. They both can throw a nice long ball, so anything is possible.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:50 PM   #44
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTEE View Post
I love our QB rotation. Each one knows how to get rid of the ball in a quick manner.
Without any specific knowledge of Colt's ability to get rid of the ball (his sack rate in college was a pretty average 5.3%), I'd say that what you mention is an ability pretty exclusive to Grossman among our quarterbacks.

Problem with Grossman is not that he can't make lightning quick decisions, its that they're usually horrible ones.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:21 PM   #45
Duffman003
Impact Rookie

Quote:

I wouldn't bet on many starters to get me those 10 points.