Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 02:21 PM   #31
SkinDogg
Special Teams

Re: Ramsey on the move again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobylookalike View Post
The only good thing about Patrick Ramsey was that we kept making deals to move back and he was still there. He was not a good QB. There are many like him. He had an average arm and an average intelligence at reading defenses.
He also had Steve Spurrier.

Advertisements
Old 04-07-2009, 03:22 PM   #32
InsanePianist
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
Ramsey didn't have it. We all get caught up in thinking that our QB is the next great thing or our longterm solution. Ramsey deserved a chance, he got it, and didn't have it. He's a mediocre NFL journeyman QB. Nothing wrong w/ that.

After a couple of seasons, if we can't tell whether or not a QB has it, he probably doesn't. There are a few QB's though, who find "it" as they get older. Rich Gannon and Trent Green comes to mind (just coincidence they were both Skins).
Agreed. And the same thing should be said for JC if he shows no improvement this year.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:05 PM   #33
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsanePianist View Post
Agreed. And the same thing should be said for JC if he shows no improvement this year.
Agreed.. I think that we just get a glimmer of hope in our eyes with a lot of guys because some of us are looking to find the first one we've ever seen play.. and some only the 2nd

we haven't seen one since joey t, so it's easy to get excited.. maybe even make excuses
Old 04-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #34
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
Ramsey didn't have it. We all get caught up in thinking that our QB is the next great thing or our longterm solution. Ramsey deserved a chance, he got it, and didn't have it. He's a mediocre NFL journeyman QB. Nothing wrong w/ that.

After a couple of seasons, if we can't tell whether or not a QB has it, he probably doesn't. There are a few QB's though, who find "it" as they get older. Rich Gannon and Trent Green comes to mind (just coincidence they were both Skins).
Well I think Gannon was an aberration. He really wasn't much a QB for most of his career and only suceeded once put in a REALLY good scheme that infalted his numbers. I don't think he was more of a good QB than say Mark Rypien ever was. Green was probably a better QB but he was stuck on the bench here for a while and then kept getting hammered by inuries at the worst times.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:41 AM   #35
Monkeydad
Living Legend

OK, I get it...It's Spurrier's fault that Ramsey lacked the ability to ever learn from his rookie mistakes and played like a rookie every year he was here. If he wasn't throwing a pick when the team was backed up against the opposition's goal line, he was fumbling. He got lucky with some long TD throws but more often than not, he'd make a bad decision. 34 TDs/29 INTs with 23 fumbles/12 lost was not great leadership for us. I was so happy to see him go. AN old Mark Brunell was a big upgrade for us. Ramsey could never approach 23TD/10INT and lead us to the playoffs. He didn't...nor couldn't.

I was never a fan of his, he isn't really cut out to start in this league...or even play QB, really.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:44 PM   #36
ethat001
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Saints could be closing in on Patrick Ramsey | ProFootballTalk.com

Saints could be closing in on Patrick Ramsey

Posted by Evan Silva on June 6, 2010 1:37 PM ET
Jeff Duncan of the New Orleans Times-Picayune appears to have information that leads him to believe the Saints will be signing free agent quarterback Patrick Ramsey.

"Saints officials have said another arm likely will be added before training camp starts next month," writes Duncan. "(Hint: Put your money on Patrick Ramsey.)"

Attempting to upgrade over 2009 backup Mark Brunell, the Saints have considered Ramsey and former Panthers backup Josh McCown. Both quarterbacks visited the team in early April, though the Saints' hands are tied due to the uncapped year's "Final Eight" rule. Barring the loss of one of their free agents, New Orleans can't making a signing of its own until July 22.

Chase Daniel, a 2009 undrafted free agent out of Missouri, is currently quarterbacking the second-team offense at Saints OTAs. Former Duke point guard Greg Paulus remains in camp on a tryout basis, but isn't a serious candidate for an NFL contract, let alone the primary backup job behind Drew Brees.

Ramsey, 31, spent the end of last season on the Lions' roster after Matthew Stafford went on injured reserve.
I guess Ramsey may finally end up on a Super Bowl winning team. Funny, because their previous backup was Brunell, and they still have Chase Daniels (the Skins preseason sensation)... They seem to be collecting old Redskins QBs..
Old 06-06-2010, 10:26 PM   #37
jamf
Pro Bowl

I don't understand how Spurrier ruined Ramsey.

There are plenty of QBs out there that take a pounding. I think it's time for us to admit that we made a mistake with PR. He is not a good QB.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:30 AM   #38
freddyg12
Playmaker

strong arm, great heart, good guy, but poor pocket presence, takes far too long to read & make a decision. Sound familiar?
Old 06-07-2010, 09:08 AM   #39
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I don't understand how Spurrier ruined Ramsey.

There are plenty of QBs out there that take a pounding. I think it's time for us to admit that we made a mistake with PR. He is not a good QB.
Well, very good QBs can probably take a pounding, maybe just "good" QBs or average QBs need to not be shellshocked their rookie season. Regardless, having your rookie QB used as a punching bag is not a good thing. I wouldn't dismiss this whole situation as PR just being a bad QB. Is not like Spurrier was the best coach out there.
R.I.P. #21
Old 06-07-2010, 11:32 AM   #40
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Spurrier ruined this poor guy.
And there it is!

It was bound to show up in this thread.

If he was SOOOOOOOOOO gifted...why didn't he have any success with any of his half-dozen other teams?

It's like saying, I am incapable of earning a living for the rest of my life because I had one boss.

If Spurrier took out Pattie Ramsey's knees with a crowbar in practice...sure...he could have the credit for "ruining" him then....
Old 06-07-2010, 11:34 AM   #41
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
And there it is!

It was bound to show up in this thread.

You realize that comment is over a year old correct?
Old 06-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #42
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
You realize that comment is over a year old correct?

Haha...I do now. I even commented 14 months ago.

Someone bumped the thread. Figured Ramsey was on the move again. Patrick getting a new team is like the birds flying south...you know it will happen this year.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #43
over the mountain
Playmaker

i liked how ramsey and jon jansen were good buddies. whenever jansen would run over to lend ramsey a hand getting up after he got competely killed on the blindside, i always thought it was cute. haha i said cute.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:34 PM   #44
Monkeydad
Living Legend

You worry me.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:50 PM   #45
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Between David Carr, Joey Harrington, and Patrick Ramsey, the 1st round QB draftees from that class may have been the most forgetable group ever.
Closed Thread