Do You or Your Wife Clip Coupons

Parking Lot

Old 02-21-2011, 12:17 PM   #31
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: Do You or Your Wife Clip Coupons

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Before you start saying it's different, my latest purchase was 6 boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch for less than 10 bucks.
Amazon deal? I always see those 6-packs of cereal on there.

Anything with cinnamon tastes great. I put either hot sauce or cinnamon on most foods I eat. It's good for you.

Advertisements
Old 02-21-2011, 02:09 PM   #32
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
So you use digital discounts but none printed on paper? Makes perfect sense.

About your view on marriage:

Wow I am agreeing with Buster. S1 has had quiet a few head scratching comments when it comes to wives.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #33
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Amazon deal? I always see those 6-packs of cereal on there.

Anything with cinnamon tastes great. I put either hot sauce or cinnamon on most foods I eat. It's good for you.
Haha yupp. I do the hot sauce and cinnamon deal too.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #34
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Wow I am agreeing with Buster. S1 has had quiet a few head scratching comments when it comes to wives.
I know for a fact she's going to save me some money. Cooking for me alone is going to save me $200 a week on eating out.

There's a reason why single men between the ages of 18 to 34 are prime targeted consumers folks.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:16 PM   #35
firstdown
Living Legend

Talking Re: Do You or Your Wife Clip Coupons

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I know for a fact she's going to save me some money. Cooking for me alone is going to save me $200 a week on eating out.

There's a reason why single men between the ages of 18 to 34 are prime targeted consumers folks.
Your right you will probably be saving around $200 or more a week when you get married. Heck you can save the money and retire 10 years early.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:34 PM   #36
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:

I do the grocery shopping because I'm the finance guy in the family (is also my career). When my wife shops, I lose hair when I check the receipt. She shops...like a woman.

FD's wife is an exceptional wife. Of course, maybe FD doesn't know that she's clipping food coupons to expand her shoe budget. When he's out on the water, she's in the mall.

Do you know for sure she CAN cook? Just warning ya, even in the BEST of relationships (which I have), things are always different after marriage. Most people no longer put in the same level of effort to impress after the wedding as they do in the "trying to get married" process.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:40 PM   #37
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Haha yupp. I do the hot sauce and cinnamon deal too.
Just whatever you do, NEVER EVER take a big,heaping tablespoon of straight cinnamon in your mouth. I did it a couple of years back on a dare...UGHH.

I was literally blowing red clouds of smoke for 5 minutes whenever I spoke and it didn't burn, but it sucked every drop of moisture out of my mouth and throat. It tasted horrible but the weird dryness of the mouth was miserable.

I once did a shot glass of Tabasco...that was a half an hour of pain but I'll take that over the spoon of cinnamon every time.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:51 PM   #38
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:

I do the grocery shopping because I'm the finance guy in the family (is also my career). When my wife shops, I lose hair when I check the receipt. She shops...like a woman.

FD's wife is an exceptional wife. Of course, maybe FD doesn't know that she's clipping food coupons to expand her shoe budget. When he's out on the water, she's in the mall.

Do you know for sure she CAN cook? Just warning ya, even in the BEST of relationships (which I have), things are always different after marriage. Most people no longer put in the same level of effort to impress after the wedding as they do in the "trying to get married" process.
Unlike Saden I never claimed that she saved me money. Just that she was able to save that money on our food bill. She does not hide the fact that she like to buy shoes and our closet is full.

They put in the same level for the first 6 months to year then it starts to drop off. Then they don't "put in" or "put out" at the same level.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #39
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

I've eaten a whole chili pepper as a dare. Was a dumb idea and burned for 20 minutes.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #40
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Unlike Saden I never claimed that she saved me money. Just that she was able to save that money on our food bill. She does not hide the fact that she like to buy shoes and our closet is full.

They put in the same level for the first 6 months to year then it starts to drop off. Then they don't "put in" or "put out" at the same level.
Wait until he has to go car shopping with her. Doing that right now. It's gonna be a battle but I'm going to win.

"I don't like that car"
"I don't like that color"
"I don't like those seats"
"I want to be able to haul extra people around so the whole extended family can take one car" (how often will that actually happen?)

I'm more practical, really looking at the economics over the aethestics...women are the opposite. Going to avoid the SUVs because I foresee $5 gas next year with all of the Middle East crapola right now. Gonna go full-size sedan, likely Ford Taurus. She was against the idea at first, now I have her wanting to test drive one.

Of course, she will be the main driver, this will be a kid-hauler. Just sold my little coupe and will take her car.

Quote:
I've eaten a whole chili pepper as a dare. Was a dumb idea and burned for 20 minutes.
Amateur!
Old 02-22-2011, 02:31 PM   #41
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

Quote:
Your taste buds have betrayed you!
I know right ! That cereal is AWESOME !!!! Some cereals you don't really want the sugar at the bottom of the back but THAT stuff right there !

Whooooooo !

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:59 PM   #42
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:

The reverse happened with me. My wife has gotten really good in the kitchen during the 7+ years we've been together. When we first met she couldn't boil water (granted we were college students), but she has gotten so into cooking.

She has the day off today and has a batch of chili working in the slow-cooker. When I walked out the door for work today she handed me a bacon and egg-white muffin. Plus she packed me an awesome lunch that I just crushed about an hour ago.

I hope she doesn't get bored with it!
Old 02-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #43
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkFan4Life View Post
I know right ! That cereal is AWESOME !!!! Some cereals you don't really want the sugar at the bottom of the back but THAT stuff right there !

Whooooooo !
The best part about Cinnamon Toast Crunch is drinking the milk in the bowl when you're done with the cereal. Sooooo good.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:11 PM   #44
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
The reverse happened with me. My wife has gotten really good in the kitchen during the 7+ years we've been together. When we first met she couldn't boil water (granted we were college students), but she has gotten so into cooking.

She has the day off today and has a batch of chili working in the slow-cooker. When I walked out the door for work today she handed me a bacon and egg-white muffin. Plus she packed me an awesome lunch that I just crushed about an hour ago.

I hope she doesn't get bored with it!
I'm in the same boat. She couldn't cook anything, now she makes some good stuff, although I still do the majority of the cooking. She's good at Italian food (her Mom is Italian). Just ate some lasagna she made actually. Her stuffed peppers are great too. She made me pancakes this morning.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:21 PM   #45
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Amateur!
Not sure you should be calling someone that if Tabasco put you down for half an hour.