Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The Workplace

Parking Lot

Old 05-27-2010, 10:34 AM   #31
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: The Workplace

With all the swine flu stuff going on last year, people were often sent home here at the slightest hint of having a cough or sniffle, etc.

Working from home is great. But I don't know that I could do 3-4 days a week. I work from home maybe 2-3 times per month. Often times it's if I have to go down to NY for a meeting I'll work in the morning from home and then head to NY or vice-versa.

There's a guy who sits a couple of desks away from me who has the nastiest cough. Whenever he coughs it sounds kind of like he's throwing up in his mouth a little. I can't describe it other than to just tell you it almost makes you want to do the same.

Then there's the other guy who spends all day singing

And then there's this picture hanging outside my office door that I have to see every morning

Advertisements
Old 05-27-2010, 10:37 AM   #32
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
With all the swine flu stuff going on last year, people were often sent home here at the slightest hint of having a cough or sniffle, etc.

Working from home is great. But I don't know that I could do 3-4 days a week. I work from home maybe 2-3 times per month. Often times it's if I have to go down to NY for a meeting I'll work in the morning from home and then head to NY or vice-versa.

There's a guy who sits a couple of desks away from me who has the nastiest cough. Whenever he coughs it sounds kind of like he's throwing up in his mouth a little. I can't describe it other than to just tell you it almost makes you want to do the same.

Then there's the other guy who spends all day singing

And then there's this picture hanging outside my office door that I have to see every morning
What movie does that picture come from?
Old 05-27-2010, 10:40 AM   #33
Rainy Parade
Special Teams

btw, probably doesn't need to be mentioned, but Office Space is required viewing. there's a reason it's a classic.
Rainy Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:46 AM   #34
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
What movie does that picture come from?
What?
Old 05-27-2010, 11:05 AM   #35
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy Parade View Post
btw, probably doesn't need to be mentioned, but Office Space is required viewing. there's a reason it's a classic.
No doubt, also The Office TV show. I swear we have our own versions of every character.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:33 AM   #36
Rainy Parade
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
No doubt, also The Office TV show. I swear we have our own versions of every character.
yea, i love the original british version.
american one is good too, i just never make a point to catch it.
Rainy Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #37
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

It's weird that at home when you pop popcorn in the microwave, it doesn't fill the house too badly, yet at work, it spreads like wildfire. I have a bag of kettle korn that I may pop this afternoon...but we shall see.

I have the luxury of working about 3 minutes from my house, so I make it a point to go home every day to have lunch. That way, I get up from my desk and get out for a while.

For the most part, I work in a decent environment, where my co-workers have respect for each other. Our privacy is limited (wide open cubicles), but it could be much worse. My wife telecommutes 2 days a week now, and while I could do the same, it's just as easy for me to come into the office to work since I live so close. When I worked in Falls Church, I telecommuted on Fridays and on piss-poor weather days, but I found that worked much longer days when I worked from home.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:08 PM   #38
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
claims adjuster
right on.. probably enough field work that it makes sense to have you mostly out of home right?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:09 PM   #39
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
claims adjuster
do you use collosius? i dont know if i spelled it right.

at lunch, i put my food on my desk and just take nibbles for an hour as i read the warpath. i drink coffee in the morning so coffee gut keeps me from being hungry at lunch.

having your lunch on your desk is the general sign in our office that the person aint doing shit work related for the time being.

usually the boss man will come flying in your office asking you to do something, but with your lunch out, he automatically slows down and is like "so, yeah . .. . . . umm, when you get done lunch im gonna need you to go ahead and move your desk over there. yeah. umm okay. thaaaannnkkss,"

well lunch is over for me.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:10 PM   #40
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Dude the whole coming to work sick thing is just so wrong. And the kicker is those same people will use their sick days when they're not even sick! Yeah I get the whole mental health day thing, I do the same thing once in a while, but dammit use some of those sick days when you are actually sick.

Back on the smells, another bad office smell is when someone has onions on a sandwich. Smells like goddamn BO. Or when someone heats up fish in the microwave. Makes me wanna puke.
Back when I was lifting heavy I ate a lot of tuna. Just popping open that can made the whole area smell like it. I had to start bringing in pre-cooked chicken and stuff.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #41
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

It's not like you weren't the one that hung it man.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:45 PM   #42
celts32
Playmaker

Someone in my office cooks brussel sprouts in a toaster oven...the smell is so bad my eyes tear.

As for the popcorn...mocrowave popcorn is disgusting in general even when not burned. Take a couple extra minutes and get out the real popcorn and pop it in some healthy sunflower oil...delicous. Well anyway...i guess thats something you can't really do at work.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:14 PM   #43
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smootsmack View Post
what?
jajajajajajaj!
Old 05-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #44
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
Someone in my office cooks brussel sprouts in a toaster oven...the smell is so bad my eyes tear.

As for the popcorn...mocrowave popcorn is disgusting in general even when not burned. Take a couple extra minutes and get out the real popcorn and pop it in some healthy sunflower oil...delicous. Well anyway...i guess thats something you can't really do at work.
That's the best way to make popcorn, old school style. Heat up some oil in a big pot, add about a cup of kernels, melt down some real butter... damn I think I know what I'm having for a snack this weekend!
Old 05-27-2010, 02:18 PM   #45
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
jajajajajajaj!
I must be missing something