Signing Ochocinco: Te gusta?

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #31
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Re: Signing Ochocinco: Te gusta?

No way Jose.

Was there ever an issue between Chad and Carson Palmer? Wouldnt the Raiders make the most sense right now?

Advertisements
Old 06-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #32
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Wide receiver is our strongest unit at the moment. We are going to cut players better than ocho cinco. so no, no me gusto
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #33
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Let's see, a 34 year old WR with his best days clearly behind him, coming off a horrible year in which he couldn't learn the offense and get on the same page with one of the best QBs of all time.

I'm failing to see where this makes any sort of sense.
Don't sit here and dish out logic from your ivory moderator tower! Pssh, you and sense.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #34
Monksdown
The Starter

This thread has a suspicious Vinny flavor to it. VC, are you still starting sh-t?
Old 06-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #35
imaskin4life
Special Teams

No. I'm not a fan of older WRs. While they may be wiser, they are slower. I don't care what other qualities you have or what kind of career you had in the past if you can't separate from defenders now. NO.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #36
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Given how Shanahan likes to have 30 WRs at camp, it wouldn't surprise me if we picked him up. Personally I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world if we did pick him up, because I would just see him as a camp body.

As someone said before, Ocho is a pretty dedicated guy to football and his antics are nowadays more funny than annoying. In terms of football, he's just past his prime and would be just another camp body anywhere he lands. He's not going to be taking away any reps or opportunities from anyone, unless he miraculously returns to his old form.
and this is pretty much my point. Out of however many WR's we got it seems Moss, Garcon, and Morgan are going to be the topic, the rest are just camp fodder. I like AA and he might make some noise. Hankerson I hope comes out blazing and showing again what he can do, BUT.... I also worry that perhaps he has the same injury again, reinjures whatever. I've heard of ankle, knee, calf, ham string, foot, toe, etc. etc. but for some reason I've hardly heard of his hip injury and needing surgery does not sound like to me like an injury that after surgery his hip and muscles around his hip will be stronger. Probably just me.

In any event CJ/Ocho in his old age might just be camp fodder, might actually be better then the 5th guy we don't know. But if it comes down to him or the 5th guy I want the best man on the field.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #37
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Let's see, a 34 year old WR with his best days clearly behind him, coming off a horrible year in which he couldn't learn the offense and get on the same page with one of the best QBs of all time.

I'm failing to see where this makes any sort of sense.
One could ask the same thing about Randy Moss. But supposedly he's killing it in San Fran.

I'm all for the young guys. I'm just saying that if it comes down to a UDFA WR or CJ? I might take CJ or atleast give him a shot. I wouldn't give him a 3 or 4 year contract banking money. It would almost be a T.O. type deal where he gets maybe a one year deal to prove himself just above vet min. That way the team can cut him if he fails to produce or keep him if it turns out he gets our system and thrives a little.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #38
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
If he was as good as that statement indicates, he would have never been released.

If by saying this you mean he would be a lock at #2 on the Redskins, that is not saying much for the WR corps at all.

85 will work again, somewhere. But at a shadow of what he used to be.
Watch what you wish for....
Taking a look at Ochocinco’s potential suitors | ProFootballTalk

Quote:
Dallas Cowboys: So desperate for a No. 3 receiver that even T.O.’s name has emerged in very soft whispers, Chad could be the best available complement to Miles Austin and Dez Bryant.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #39
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
One could ask the same thing about Randy Moss. But supposedly he's killing it in San Fran.

I'm all for the young guys. I'm just saying that if it comes down to a UDFA WR or CJ? I might take CJ or atleast give him a shot. I wouldn't give him a 3 or 4 year contract banking money. It would almost be a T.O. type deal where he gets maybe a one year deal to prove himself just above vet min. That way the team can cut him if he fails to produce or keep him if it turns out he gets our system and thrives a little.
Killing it in May and June doesn't mean much. Let's see Moss get it done for 16 games.

Why would it come down to an UDFA or Ocho? Our 4th or 5th WR is likely to be guys like Armstrong, Austin, or Robinson.

Ocho makes little sense here.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #40
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
and this is pretty much my point. Out of however many WR's we got it seems Moss, Garcon, and Morgan are going to be the topic, the rest are just camp fodder. I like AA and he might make some noise. Hankerson I hope comes out blazing and showing again what he can do, BUT.... I also worry that perhaps he has the same injury again, reinjures whatever. I've heard of ankle, knee, calf, ham string, foot, toe, etc. etc. but for some reason I've hardly heard of his hip injury and needing surgery does not sound like to me like an injury that after surgery his hip and muscles around his hip will be stronger. Probably just me.

In any event CJ/Ocho in his old age might just be camp fodder, might actually be better then the 5th guy we don't know. But if it comes down to him or the 5th guy I want the best man on the field.
Yeah probably just you Doc.

A hip labral tear isn't anything out of the ordinary.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #41
Monkeydad
Living Legend

No thank you.

If he DOES come here, Hankerson...do not give up your number.
You could be a starter and you'll be making more than him most likely, plus, you had the #85 Redskins jersey first. It was your number in college too, don't give it up for a washed-up scrub WR who can't even learn a new playbook anymore.

Make him change his number and pay the consequences of changing his name!
Old 06-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #42
The Goat
Pro Bowl

My biggest concern, like others have said, is whether Ocho would commit to learn the system/playbook. If he's at all serious about extending his career beyond this season learning new tricks will be critical.

The Palmer/Oakland connection probably makes more sense though.

WR is likely still a concern for us IMHO. Moss is the only proven vet on the roster who also knows the system/playbook. Hankerson's injury is worrisome especially when he starts to see heavy contact again. Garcon has one solid season behind him and that's only because everyone else was injured. Morgan I just don't get. One of my guys in the office is a forever SanFran fan and didn't think Morgan should ever have started...very pedestrian. Randy Moss is already a big hit though and has the fans all psyched up. He would have been a great addition for Griffin's sake, especially as an ends zone target, which we still don't really have outside Fred Davis. Plus we'd have two Moss' and how cool would that be!

Last edited by The Goat; 06-08-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #43
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

The Redskins have wide receivers that are all better than Chad Johnson. Would it be wise for Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan to entertain the thought of acquiring Johnson? If one of our receivers go down with an injury, they will surely look to the practice squad for an addition before even looking Johnson's way.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #44
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
The Redskins have wide receivers that are all better than Chad Johnson. Would it be wise for Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan to entertain the thought of acquiring Johnson? If one of our receivers go down with an injury, they will surely look to the practice squad for an addition before even looking Johnson's way.
This seems to be the crux of it and there's room for honest debate. I think we have one proven WR better than Ocho (Moss) and three question marks (Garcon, Hank, Morgan). I haven't seen anything from our younger guys to really deserve comment...
Old 06-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #45
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
This seems to be the crux of it and there's room for honest debate. I think we have one proven WR better than Ocho (Moss) and three question marks (Garcon, Hank, Morgan). I haven't seen anything from our younger guys to really deserve comment...
How does Garcon qualify as a question mark?

He Gets Us
Closed Thread