Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
MTK
\m/

Re: Redskins OTAs Continue

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
I am not liking the fact that I have heard very little praise of RG3 since the first OTA. I realy dont like that there are reports of Rex Grossman being the highlight todays OTA's. I even like the fact that the biggest praise of RG3 came from RG3, less.
I'd expect Rex to look good at this point. He knows the offense and they're running mostly 7 on 7 stuff.

I really wouldn't be concerned at this point. RG3 is a rookie learning a new offense, and it's June.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Shannahan went out of his way to praise Berstien's speed. Maybe someone to watch.

Last edited by T.O.Killa; 06-07-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Shannahan went out of his way to praise Berstien's speed. May be someone to watch.
Yeah. I heard that he was very fast for a safety. Have you seen his highlights on Youtube? He has potential and has the abilities that LaRon Landry possessed. We'll see how Berstein develops.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Yeah. I heard that he was very fast for a safety. Have you seen his highlights on Youtube? He has potential and has the abilities that LaRon Landry possessed. We'll see how Berstein develops.
He praised every saftey, but Doughty and Gomes. I wonder what that means
Old 06-08-2012, 11:49 PM   #5
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Shannahan went out of his way to praise Berstien's speed. Maybe someone to watch.
Loveline Drops - Who.mp3

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 06-07-2012, 11:55 PM   #6
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

I didn't really know where to post this, but I went to buy the NFL preview magazines today. Something that really caught my eye was in the Lindy's magazine they rank their top 10 players at each position with one category for 3-4 DE's. And coming in at the number 10 spot was Jarvis Jenkins. Injury and all that magazine really thinks he's one of the best in the league, AND better than Bowen or Carriker who didn't make the list. (Cofield came in at 8 for NTs)
Old 06-08-2012, 12:06 AM   #7
los panda
Pro Bowl

alright but did any of his siblings do any throat stomping?
Old 06-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #8
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Redskins note and analysis | Washington Examiner

He Gets Us
Old 06-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #9
MTK
\m/

Griffin's confidence high as Redskins conclude OTAs - Washington Times
Old 06-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #10
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Observations and thoughts from Thursday's Redskins practice - Washington Times
Old 06-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #11
MTK
\m/

this made me laugh:

Shanahan stopped practice for a full team meeting after consecutive false starts. One was by LT Trent Williams.

“You work all the way down field, everybody is tired,” Shanahan said. “That is where the concentration level has got to kick in. You know we weren’t very good in that [red-zone] area in offense last year, and we scored a touchdown on the first play, and we have a running back that steps offside. We talk about how that’s the difference between winning or losing during the game.”

So what happened on the first snap after the meeting? NT Barry Cofield jumped offsides.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #12
MTK
\m/

I liked this:

Cornerback depth is a question entering training camp, which is why an undrafted rookie such as Chase Minnifield deserves our attention. I noticed two positive plays of his Thursday morning.

He stayed stride-for-stride with TE Niles Paul on a route to the right sideline, and the play went to the other side of the field.

Even more impressive: In goal line drills, he quickly latched on to WR Josh Morgan, who broke out of a stack. Morgan was not open crossing the back of the end zone, and the pass intended for him was overthrown. For a rookie such as Minnifield to know his assignment against a formation designed to confuse the secondary is an auspicious sign.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #13
Monksdown
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I liked this:

Cornerback depth is a question entering training camp, which is why an undrafted rookie such as Chase Minnifield deserves our attention. I noticed two positive plays of his Thursday morning.

He stayed stride-for-stride with TE Niles Paul on a route to the right sideline, and the play went to the other side of the field.

Even more impressive: In goal line drills, he quickly latched on to WR Josh Morgan, who broke out of a stack. Morgan was not open crossing the back of the end zone, and the pass intended for him was overthrown. For a rookie such as Minnifield to know his assignment against a formation designed to confuse the secondary is an auspicious sign.
Me too. Great value in this guy. I hope he stays healthy. He's one of my personal favorite top 3 stories this offseason.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #14
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
I liked this:

If Minnifield ends up being half as good as his father was then he'll be able to compete at a high level in the NFL.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #15
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
I liked this:

Were you at the last practice Matty?
Closed Thread