Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Raheem Morris Implementing Changes to Secondary

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #1
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Re: Raheem Morris Implementing Changes to Secondary

LOVE all the Raheem talk coming out of OTA's. Can't wait to see it on the field.....
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Torrence has handed over his playbook...what a run he had his second time around
Old 06-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Torrence has handed over his playbook...what a run he had his second time around
Did he quit or FO decision? kinda hoping he could push for some play time

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #4
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Did he quit or FO decision? kinda hoping he could push for some play time
He didn't quit
Old 06-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #5
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
There's a young cornerback that the Redskins like that made Torrence expendable. Torrence is a below average corner so I wasn't expecting much from him even if he made the team somehow.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #6
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Morris is decisive! How long since the secondary was coached decisively?
Old 06-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #7
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

I like what the Skins are doing with their secondary. I believe that if a team isn't satisfied with the players they have in any unit they should try out as many players as they reasonably can for that unit until they find one or two who are keepers.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:24 AM   #8
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I like what the Skins are doing with their secondary. I believe that if a team isn't satisfied with the players they have in any unit they should try out as many players as they reasonably can for that unit until they find one or two who are keepers.
This is the reason why Landry and Atogwe are no longer in Washington. Both are very good players, but not good enough. If they were good enough they both would still be Redskins. With the additions of several defensive backs, and with a new defensive secondary coach, Mike Shanahan definitely wanted more progress in the secondary this coming season and beyond. The Redskins have definitely upgraded their secondary. No one is talking about Cedric Griffin. In my opinion, Griffin is the best of the safeties the Redskins have now.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #9
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

I'm expecting the overall defense to continue to improve. The defense was ranked 13th at the end of the season which everyone knows is a huge improvement from being ranked 31st in 2010. The secondary was the unit that left much to be desired and this is why certain players in the defensive backfield are no longer with the team. I wish the Redskins would re-sign Byron Westbrook, but he remains a free agent. The question is has the Redskins helped themselves by signing Tanard Jackson, Madieu Williams, and Cedrc Griffin? Griffin is the best addition to the secondary bar none. The Redskins also drafted Berstein out of Iowa and he's a fierce hard hitter. I'm expecting DeAngelo Hall to return to all pro form this season after a dismal overall performance in 2011. I'm also expecting Josh Wilson to be solid. Wilson began to come on towards the end of last season and if he can pick up where he left off last season, he'll be a force in the secondary as well.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #10
Defensewins
Playmaker

If Tanard Jackson gets and stays healthy; the addition of Brandon Meriweather and smartly moving him to SS (where he should have been all long); the addition of red shirt rookie DE Jarvis Jenkins, moving Lorenzo Alexanders' to ILB and giving him more playing time; plus Perry Riley blossoming. we would be one more CB away from having a solid defense.
I also like the addition of rookie ILB Robinson from Texas. He looks like he will contribute right away on special teams , not to mention what he could do with experience down the road.
With the whispers of CB Talib around, makes me think Morris & Co. believe that one more really good CB is not yet on the roster. Good for them to shake the trees looking for one. Go get him. Another season of our #3 CB being crap can not be tolerated. CB Wilson should be moved to #3 CB once we secure a real #2 CB capable of covering the slot WR in the nickle and dime D. We currently do not have a good one.

Last edited by Defensewins; 06-03-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #11
Gary84Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
If Tanard Jackson gets and stays healthy; the addition of Brandon Meriweather and smartly moving him to SS (where he should have been all long); the addition of red shirt rookie DE Jarvis Jenkins, moving Lorenzo Alexanders' to ILB and giving him more playing time; plus Perry Riley blossoming. we would be one more CB away from having a solid defense.
I also like the addition of rookie ILB Robinson from Texas. He looks like he will contribute right away on special teams , not to mention what he could do with experience down the road.
With the whispers of CB Talib around, makes me think Morris & Co. believe that one more really good CB is not yet on the roster. Good for them to shake the trees looking for one. Go get him. Another season of our #3 CB being crap can not be tolerated. CB Wilson should be moved to #3 CB once we secure a real #2 CB capable of covering the slot WR in the nickle and dime D. We currently do not have a good one.

I feel the same way.
Gary84Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #12
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
I'm really not big on Meriweather. Luckily for the defense, Madieu Williams or Cedric Griffin or even Reed Doughty can replace Meriweather if his game slacks off. I also like the drafting of Keenen Robinson. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some reps with the defense this season. I'm looking forward to Perry Riley making plays for us. He's certainly an upgrade over McIntosh. A Aqib Talib signing is a risky move. Regardless of he he played under Raheem Morris or not, I feel the Redskins should stay clear of him. Josh Wilson really came on strong at the end of last season. If he picks up where he left off, then he'll have a situational season for us.