Brian Banks

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-31-2012, 11:52 AM   #31
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Brian Banks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
What pisses me off is how could prosecutors send this guy to jail when there was no DNA? Whoever sent him to jail should be fired ASAP and never be allowed to work as an attorney again.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-31-2012, 12:12 PM   #32
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

DNA wasn't necessary - he admitted he had sex with her. He just asserted it was consensual.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:18 PM   #33
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

The prosecutors were faced with a he said/she said rape case. Sure, in this instance they were wrong. In many other instances, if such cases aren't pursued, more than one or two rapists walk free. You want things black and white with no grey? You're living in the wrong universe.

No matter how hard we wish it didn't - sometimes bad things happen to good people and evil goes unpunished. Right now, society owes this young man a debt it can't repay. Hopefully, steps will be taken to right as much of the wrong as possible.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #34
Monksdown
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Well he only did 5 years of jail time, the other 5 was probation/house arrest/ankle bracelet? Sure that's not much better but it's not the same as spending it in jail.
IMO being free is being free.
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:44 PM   #35
firstdown
Living Legend

The problem I have with the system is now that we know she lied she is not getting prosecuted for any crime. WTF is that all about. That little bitch should rot in jail for the 40 yrs he pleaded down to 5. I hope for him he makes an NFL team and can live out his child hood dream and that little bitch rots in hell.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:59 PM   #36
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monksdown View Post
IMO being free is being free.
Just out of curiosity, what does that mean?
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:03 PM   #37
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Just out of curiosity, what does that mean?
Yeah I'm a little unclear on that myself. Are you saying being under house arrest or being constantly monitored/not allowed to leave the state is being free? Or having to register as a sex offender thereby limiting career options is being free?
Old 05-31-2012, 03:20 PM   #38
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
DNA wasn't necessary - he admitted he had sex with her. He just asserted it was consensual.
100% correct. Had he decided to go to trial then the Prosecuter would have had the burden to prove there was some form of sexual encounter. But partially his lawyers fault, presented his client with the fact his case didn't look good and if he takes it to a trial and loses he would be looking at 40 yrs in jail. Instead the young man took the plea agreement (basically saying he did it or that there was enough proof to possibly find him guilty) and got the 5 yrs jail, 5yrs home monitering.

The weird fact is apparently all they did was go behind the school and kiss, but she stated they had sex. He was admitting they had sex (consensually) even though they did not. One would think that if he was getting arrested the same day it happened then the detectives would have taken her to the hospital to determin if she had had sex earlier that day. Unless all the evidence was inconclusive. Which would be weird. Nothing adding up but believing her story?

In any case he basically admitted it happened and took the lesser punishment. Hopefully his civil suit works for him cause I'm wondering if the fact he took the plea would wash the gov from any wrong doing. If he denied and went to trial and was found guilty then I could see him winning this case.

He has a better chance of going after the girl with a civil suit then he does the gov. I'm shocked the public is not putting pressure on the prosecuters office and the school board to go after this girl and or her family for the false police report and to have them pay the county back in some way or fashion. I'd be pissed if my local gov made this mistake and was not going to right the wrong.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:49 PM   #39
VegasSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Another outstanding product of society. How about instead of having her live off the state and being free we lock her up for 5 yrs and let her live off the state another way. Either way she would be living off the state we might as well put her in jail to do her fair share of jail time as punishment.

If she has kids we can do them a favor either give them to their fathers or put them in foster care where they won't grow up to do the same stupid crap learning from her.
I laughed my ass of that you put fathers with the s!!!!!
VegasSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:02 PM   #40
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
The problem I have with the system is now that we know she lied she is not getting prosecuted for any crime. WTF is that all about. That little bitch should rot in jail for the 40 yrs he pleaded down to 5. I hope for him he makes an NFL team and can live out his child hood dream and that little bitch rots in hell.
Yes! That is the problem. The decision to let her slide is just.....incompetent, irrelevant and immaterial.....

According to Banks and his private investigator, Gibson refused to tell prosecutors that she had lied, so that she wouldn't have to return the $1.5-million settlement her family won in court after suing the Long Beach Unified School District.
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:58 AM   #41
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Prosecutors are oftentimes so hungry for a conviction, that they'll send the wrong man to jail for a crime that he didn't even commit. It's twenty years later after Mike Tyson's rape conviction, and I still doubt very seriously if Tyson raped Desire Washington. Women have a way of playing the victim and getting everyone to sympathize with them even if they are telling a damn lie.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:29 AM   #42
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I fail to see how...of course I have very little knowledge on this but based on the few articles I have read they had no evidence. Like not even enough to prosecute.
I don't know all the facts either, but unfortunately you really don't need evidence to get a conviction. Just enough of the jury to believe her word over his. Would you roll the dice for 41 vs. 5 years?
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #43
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Brian had a solo tryout with the Seahawks today and was so impressive that he has been invited to train with the rest of the team next week.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #44
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Brian had a solo tryout with the Seahawks today and was so impressive that he has been invited to train with the rest of the team next week.
I wouldnt say, by the reports, that he was "so impressive" but he has been invited back.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #45
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Can't send someone to jail on he said she said. Can't do it.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote