Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

trent williams turning over a new leaf?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #31
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: trent williams turning over a new leaf?

I'm just waiting for the day when weed is legal. I'm sure the NFL will still try and ban it.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #32
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I'm just waiting for the day when weed is legal. I'm sure the NFL will still try and ban it.
Despite whether pot would ever be legalized or not, companies would still have the right to perform random drug testing to determine if their employees are using or not. In another words, employers would still have a drug policy in place and I would see the NFL as no different in that respect. So, with that said, even if weed was legalized, a player could still be punished if tested positive.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #33
Riggo44
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Despite whether pot would ever be legalized or not, companies would still have the right to perform random drug testing to determine if their employees are using or not. In another words, employers would still have a drug policy in place and I would see the NFL as no different in that respect. So, with that said, even if weed was legalized, a player could still be punished if tested positive.
What if someone had a prescription from his Dr.? Could a company say he couldn’t take his medication?
Old 05-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #34
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I dont think the player's union would be going for that, Lord Goodell wouldnt have a leg to stand on if it becomes legal. Silverblunt would be so pissed to look up at the party deck watching Chico sharing a spliff between fans.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #35
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Basically what there doing is testing within the 30 days that the potency level in your urine/blood is going down. If it remains the same they know you are still smokeing.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #36
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
Basically what there doing is testing within the 30 days that the potency level in your urine/blood is going down. If it remains the same they know you are still smokeing.
The doctor has spoken
Old 05-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #37
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggo44 View Post
What if someone had a prescription from his Dr.? Could a company say he couldn’t take his medication?
A company can still have a strict drug policy in place. I mean, from what I have read as far as what the medicinal Marijuana is used for, I'd doubt any active NFL player would need a prescription for it. Probably not going to have Glaucoma, Alzheimer's Disease, and advanced stages of Aids/HIV or Cancer and be active, but maybe I'm assuming too much?
Old 05-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #38
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I dont think the player's union would be going for that, Lord Goodell wouldnt have a leg to stand on if it becomes legal. Silverblunt would be so pissed to look up at the party deck watching Chico sharing a spliff between fans.
HGH is legal, you can buy it out of GNC, but it's banned from the NFL. why would Marijuana be any different?
Old 05-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #39
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Am I the only one that's bothered by the fact he non chalantly said he hadn't made any lifestyle changes? Not a good sign that he's really changed. I'm concerned
You are not the only one. I wondered what that meant. If he meant, "I still hang out with my stoner buddies," we're in trouble.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #40
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Well it seems as though this thread is going to go a different direction than the thread title. Pot should be legal, but I do ask you this, why is it so bad for a guy to go home and smoke a joint after work? When executives and workers alike can go out and get smashed after work as much as they like with no reprocussions?
Old 05-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #41
12thMan
MVP

I heard on TheFan that Shanny has put in place a strict team policy to ensure the incident between Trent Williams and Fred Davis doesn't happen again. He sounded very confident that they've cleaned up their act, so much that they decided to franchise Fred Davis without reservation. Shanny seemed unfazed by the possibility that David and Trent could get booted from the league, saying he went through something similar with players in Denver there were no repeat offenders.

Naming Philip Daniels as Director of Player Development was also step in that direction.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #42
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
HGH is legal, you can buy it out of GNC, but it's banned from the NFL. why would Marijuana be any different?
Because the players union would want it legal and its not performance enhancing. Probably half the league would want to smoke, im sure half the league drinks.

He Gets Us
Old 05-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #43
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
Well it seems as though this thread is going to go a different direction than the thread title. Pot should be legal, but I do ask you this, why is it so bad for a guy to go home and smoke a joint after work? When executives and workers alike can go out and get smashed after work as much as they like with no reprocussions?
Probably should be an off topic thread posted in the parking lot forum if you want to go down that road. My posts were attempt to explain through simply that just like any industry, the NFL would still remain to have a drug policy in place that, more than likely, would ban the use of Marijuana. And more than likely, a lot of non-sport industries would probably maintain the same Prohibition.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:53 PM   #44
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Because the players union would want it legal and its not performance enhancing. Probably half the league would want to smoke, im sure half the league drinks.
Neither is HGH, but the league labels it as such (there is no scientific proof that HGH does truly enhance performance.) How do we know that the players union would want Marijuana legal?
Old 05-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #45
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Neither is HGH, but the league labels it as such (there is no scientific proof that HGH does truly enhance performance.) How do we know that the players union would want Marijuana legal?
because half the college players smokes coming into the league

He Gets Us