Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

F. . . The NFL draft.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-10-2009, 06:10 PM   #31
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Re: F. . . The NFL draft.

Daesel, why don't you request time off for the draft?
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-10-2009, 06:25 PM   #32
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Sucks for you guys that work at night, but I love the fact it's being moved to prime time.
Being retired it really does not matter to me, but I do sympathize with those that the new format will inconvenience. Three days is a long time to cover seven rounds.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:05 PM   #33
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Being retired it really does not matter to me, but I do sympathize with those that the new format will inconvenience. Three days is a long time to cover seven rounds.
that it is, they really need to change the time between picks especially for the first two round i think the later rounds should be longer and the first two should be shorter

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:38 PM   #34
redskin37
Special Teams

tape it.
redskin37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:38 PM   #35
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin37 View Post
tape it.
well since i don't have a vcr that would be kind of hard to do

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:46 AM   #36
skins89moss
Playmaker

[QUOTE=Daseal;637530]Seriously. This schedule is ridiculous. Some of us love being glued to the TV to watch the draft all weekend. So basically, since I work evenings, I have to miss the first 3 rounds of the draft because they move it to prime time.

The NFL draft may be my favorite football time during the year. I find it fascinating and I hang on every pick. Now the douchebags in the NFL offices want to take that from me.

For those of you with no idea what Im talking about:

The NFL draft will kick off in prime time for the first time in 2010, it was announced Thursday. The first round of the 2010 NFL Draft will start on Thursday, April 22 at 7:30 p.m. ET, with the second and third rounds on Friday, April 23 at 6:30 p.m. ET, followed by Rounds 4-7 on Saturday, April 24 at 10 a.m. ET.

NFL draft's first round moves to Thursday night for 2010[/QUOTe

Please tell me you have a DVR. Or better yet put in for your vacation time now for those dates so you can be off work. See problem solved.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:03 AM   #37
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

For weeks, the speculation had been mounting on which NFL team would draft Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen if he went pro. After declaring himself eligible recently, Clausen moved up to No. 4 on this week's edition of Mel Kiper Jr.'s Big Board, and many analysts think he could be the first quarterback drafted in April.

Of course, one of the teams in need of a QB is the Washington Redskins, and as per a tweet from Washington Post columnist Rick Maese, Clausen is set to be interviewed on a radio show hosted by Redskins henchman Vinny Cerrato, on a station owned by Redskins owner Daniel Snyder. Juuuuust a little fishy.

In his "Behind the Big Board" column last week, Kiper touched on the reason Clausen is a more polished NFL prospect than some of the other big names:

You may not want to watch it anyways. Looks like Vinny C is here to stay. unfortunately
Old 12-11-2009, 01:30 PM   #38
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I probably will end up taking those days off, if I don't have class. I also have a DVR, but lets be honest. I have the internet at work all day, there's no way I don't watch some sort of draft tracker. For me, it's more about the getting together with friends for the whole day and enjoying the process.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:11 AM   #39
#56fanatic
The Starter

its about the $$$.. as if several BILLION isn't enough a year. This isn't going to make too many people happy. I know for me, it ruins my draft party I have every year, and my ability to drink until i fall down, watch football analyst BS their way through half the day, and see how my beloved Redskins shit on the draft every year, and listen to Mel and the rest bust on Danny and Vinny....it has become a tradition much like watching National Lampoon Christmas Vacation on christmas eve...just something to make us all laugh!
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:01 AM   #40
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Why would you want to watch the draft all day, I just show up to watch the skins picks...

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #41
celts32
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Seriously. This schedule is ridiculous. Some of us love being glued to the TV to watch the draft all weekend. So basically, since I work evenings, I have to miss the first 3 rounds of the draft because they move it to prime time.

The NFL draft may be my favorite football time during the year. I find it fascinating and I hang on every pick. Now the douchebags in the NFL offices want to take that from me.

For those of you with no idea what Im talking about:

The NFL draft will kick off in prime time for the first time in 2010, it was announced Thursday. The first round of the 2010 NFL Draft will start on Thursday, April 22 at 7:30 p.m. ET, with the second and third rounds on Friday, April 23 at 6:30 p.m. ET, followed by Rounds 4-7 on Saturday, April 24 at 10 a.m. ET.

NFL draft's first round moves to Thursday night for 2010
I am furious over the change. I can watch it any time but draft Saturday used to be an NFL Holiday for me right in the middle of the offseason. It was a day football fans would get together...who will still do that on a Thursday? It's completely watered down and ruined now! Worst move the NFL has EVER made!

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #42
MTK
\m/

Something tells me the ratings are going to be through the roof for a prime time draft.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:01 PM   #43
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Something tells me the ratings are going to be through the roof for a prime time draft.
I don't know that they necessarily will be. Well I should say overall I don't know that they necessarily will be, throughout the whole weekend.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:33 PM   #44
celts32
Playmaker

Quote:
I think (and hope)the ratings will be a disaster. Thursday will be up against the networks primetime shows and then who will make Friday a priority for the 2nd round? The 2nd round normally has carryover viewers from the 1st round...you lose that by putting it on it's own night. Plus the draft in general is an event for the diehards...they will watch it no matter how fkd up the schedule is but for big ratings you need casual viewers. Only Thursday has the potential to bring in casual viewers but on Thursday there are lots of other choices in prime time.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:01 PM   #45
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
I think (and hope)the ratings will be a disaster. Thursday will be up against the networks primetime shows and then who will make Friday a priority for the 2nd round? The 2nd round normally has carryover viewers from the 1st round...you lose that by putting it on it's own night. Plus the draft in general is an event for the diehards...they will watch it no matter how fkd up the schedule is but for big ratings you need casual viewers. Only Thursday has the potential to bring in casual viewers but on Thursday there are lots of other choices in prime time.
I actually am guessing Friday will get the highest, as I expect a lot of wheeling and dealing to be public to build up the Friday show. What I can't see is people spending any time Saturday on rounds 4-7. Thursday should hold up well, NFL in the offseason and all the build up etc.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote