Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Bradford still leads, Locker Clausen gain

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #31
cdskins26
Special Teams

Re: Bradford still leads, Locker Clausen gain

Clausen or McCoy will be better pros than Stafford. McCoy should he fall to us has a lot of experience in a tough conference, and will benefit from that when he gets to the NFL. I want a quarterback first round, somewhat as a sign that were finally moving on to bigger and better things. From there we need linemen, a running back, and a safety.
cdskins26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-01-2009, 11:26 PM   #32
Big C
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdskins26 View Post
Clausen or McCoy will be better pros than Stafford. McCoy should he fall to us has a lot of experience in a tough conference, and will benefit from that when he gets to the NFL. I want a quarterback first round, somewhat as a sign that were finally moving on to bigger and better things. From there we need linemen, a running back, and a safety.
clausen yes, mccoy no. really dont think mccoy will be a good pro.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:10 AM   #33
AYJAX
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
last time i checked they were both still in college, so how are they legit??

we have to go oline first round, and grab pike in the second
I agree with Pike being a great 2nd or 3rd round pick, but if we do get a QB we need to give them time to learn the system and not just throw him in there. The reason i like Pike is that he is playing great with team that is not a power house. teams like Texas, USC, Florida, Oklahoma and Ohio st. always have the a hell of a lot of talent, so its hard to tell if its the QB or just the talent around him. not to say Gillard and Wood are not great recievers for Pike, but QB's at non-cream-of-the-crop schools have to do better with a little less supporting cast in there college years. All this said we still need Campbell back next tio have some sort of consistancy in the broken system we have now.

and Charles Brown should be our first pick.
AYJAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:13 AM   #34
tootergray34
Impact Rookie

if we hire weiss as our OC i'm OUT as a SKINS fan forever!

Weiss will EAT our TEAM!

notre dame TOOK IZ JOOOBBB derpppaaa duuurrrrr
tootergray34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:14 AM   #35
tootergray34
Impact Rookie

mccoy a good pro? get off that pipe son! Tebow will be the best QB in the draft i'm telling you! he's got jesus on his side! but he just wills to win son. watch he'll single handedly have the drive to beat Bama.....always does. he certainly has that "it" factor on his side.
tootergray34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:00 AM   #36
RedskinPete
The Starter

Not sold on any QB in the up coming draft with the 1st pickin round one. Look at the OL,RB,CB...maybe trade down to get more picks.
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:25 AM   #37
rbanerjee23
The Starter

No qb in the first round...don't you guys watch the games, JC isn't winning any games but the O-line is actively losing games. You have to fix the weakest link first and that is the o-line, pick up some tackles and shore up the guards.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:11 AM   #38
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

I don't know what to do in the draft to help this team, but I'm sure there is somebody out there who can figure it out. What I'm getting at is this: if he wants to win, Dan Snyder must do the following things before the draft.

1. Fire Vinny.
2. Fire Zorn.
3. Hire a competent GM.
4. Give the new GM full control.
5. Let the new GM hire a new Head Coach of his choosing.
6. Let the new GM consult with the new HC and decide who to draft.

Without a new GM and a new Head Coach, any improvement in the team will be marginal no matter who we get in the draft.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:28 AM   #39
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootergray34 View Post
mccoy a good pro? get off that pipe son! Tebow will be the best QB in the draft i'm telling you! he's got jesus on his side! but he just wills to win son. watch he'll single handedly have the drive to beat Bama.....always does. he certainly has that "it" factor on his side.
a) I'm not sure that Tebow is the best qb in the draft. As far as "single-handedly" beating Bama goes, I have yet to see Tebow block for himself.

b) I'm not sure that Tebow is the only qb in the draft with "Jesus on his side." Other QB's may be just as religious but keep their beliefs out of the public eye. Being the most publicly Christian and being the most Christian are hardly the same thing.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:54 AM   #40
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdskins26 View Post
to me thats not moving on thats the same old crap we have been pulling, go for the "sexy" pick. to move on we have to get a solid lineman, to officially move on we need to get a new football gm and a hands off owner

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:00 AM   #41
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYJAX View Post
I agree with Pike being a great 2nd or 3rd round pick, but if we do get a QB we need to give them time to learn the system and not just throw him in there. The reason i like Pike is that he is playing great with team that is not a power house. teams like Texas, USC, Florida, Oklahoma and Ohio st. always have the a hell of a lot of talent, so its hard to tell if its the QB or just the talent around him. not to say Gillard and Wood are not great recievers for Pike, but QB's at non-cream-of-the-crop schools have to do better with a little less supporting cast in there college years. All this said we still need Campbell back next tio have some sort of consistancy in the broken system we have now.

and Charles Brown should be our first pick.
in no way shape or form am i say throw pike in there, the kid is fragile he needs a solid oline, but he has a great feild of vision, and he can throw on the move. and is very accurate down feild. and he does have a supporting cast they threw collaras in there and he did great as well.

that said i really would love to pick him up in the late second to thrid round assuming we make some moves

as far as campbell i hope he comes back too, kind of doubt it though, but i am done with wco we need a new system it does not fit our team personel at all

ST21
Old 12-02-2009, 09:21 AM   #42
Big C
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
in no way shape or form am i say throw pike in there, the kid is fragile he needs a solid oline, but he has a great feild of vision, and he can throw on the move. and is very accurate down feild. and he does have a supporting cast they threw collaras in there and he did great as well.

that said i really would love to pick him up in the late second to thrid round assuming we make some moves

as far as campbell i hope he comes back too, kind of doubt it though, but i am done with wco we need a new system it does not fit our team personel at all
i like pike, but im also wary of spread qbs coming to the nfl. cincinatti runs a spread offense, so we will see how long it takes him to make proper reads in a pro-style offense. thats one reason i really like clausen. he can make all the throws, and comes from a pro-style offense, his learning curve will be less than any of the others.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:38 AM   #43
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Im not going by what kind of offense a QB played in at college, you can either make the throws or not,system doesnt matter IMO.
Alex Smith was a "spread" QB and id have to say he looks better than Quinn from that ND "pro" style offense.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:43 AM   #44
mlmdub130
Playmaker

i would rather have a learning curve of a year or so, regardless of who we pick up at qb we don't need them to get in there right away and get ramsey-ed, we need to get our online solid before we insert any new qb

ST21
Old 12-02-2009, 09:53 AM   #45
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

If we want a QB in the first round, I say Clausen

2nd round-Zac Robinson

3rd or beyond-John Skelton or Dominic Randolph