Most Likely First Round Bust

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-28-2009, 12:59 AM   #31
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Re: Most Likely First Round Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I can't believe you guys think Maclin is going to be a bust. No freakin way. You could argue he was the best wr in the draft. I tend to look at a college players production and Maclin was a VERY VERY productive on offense. He got open, caught a ton of passes and got in the end zone. Plus he's a stud in the return game. Plus he catches the ball with his hands. He'll do just fine in Philly. Bey is a different story. I can not believe he got drafted so high. I'm actually shocked. I follow MD. football and he's got a long long way to go.

kinda easy to be productive when you come out in a 5 wide set every play and all you run is drag routes and there is NO WAY anyone could reasonably argue that he was the best wr in the draft this year

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-28-2009, 01:03 AM   #32
Superman13732
Special Teams

Hold on I must have missed the part where Hayword -Bay went to the RAIDERS. How can he NOT be a bust?
Superman13732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:45 AM   #33
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
kinda easy to be productive when you come out in a 5 wide set every play and all you run is drag routes and there is NO WAY anyone could reasonably argue that he was the best wr in the draft this year
He isn't the best wideout but he is going to the best team if you are a wideout. He will be getting single coverage all year and Philly refuses to run at times.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:46 AM   #34
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

This was a good first round. Honestly as bad they claim this draft class is I only see a handful of bust.

1. Derrius Heyward-Bey - Didn't put up good numbers in college due to weak QB play and now goes to a team with even weaker QB play. Basically in my mind there are two types of recievers, guys that need a QB and guys that can succed with a RB under center (VERY RARE). Heyward-Bey is sure as hell not the latter.

2. Josh Freeman - Another guy with a big arm. Whoop dee doo. He'll just be average, nothing special.

3. Percy Harvin - Good chance he'll fail and to be honest I kind of want him to.

4. Hakeem Nicks/Kenny Britt - Really? Boldin and Edwards available for that pick and you come away with guys that might develop into #2's? In all fairness though to the Titans the Cardinals didn't return their phone calls.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:58 AM   #35
DIRTEE
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman13732 View Post
Hold on I must have missed the part where Hayword -Bay went to the RAIDERS. How can he NOT be a bust?
Who else can they throw it to?
DIRTEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:06 AM   #36
DIRTEE
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I can't believe you guys think Maclin is going to be a bust. No freakin way. You could argue he was the best wr in the draft. I tend to look at a college players production and Maclin was a VERY VERY productive on offense. He got open, caught a ton of passes and got in the end zone. Plus he's a stud in the return game. Plus he catches the ball with his hands. He'll do just fine in Philly. Bey is a different story. I can not believe he got drafted so high. I'm actually shocked. I follow MD. football and he's got a long long way to go.
I didn't say that Maclin stinks!!! Its just 60% of the time Westbrook has the ball. DeSean Jackson is slowly getting his touches, then you have Curtis, Baskett, Avant, Brown and then the newly drafted TE, where does Maclin fit in? He'll be a "bust" due to limited play, not from lack of skill.
DIRTEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:14 AM   #37
53Fan
Franchise Player

Percy Harvin is another player from this area. Loads of talent. Between injuries and his propensity to get high, I could see him being a bust. I hate to see him follow the path of other Tidewater area players such as Vick and Burress, but apparently he also lives in a different world and thinks he is above the rules.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:20 AM   #38
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
He isn't the best wideout but he is going to the best team if you are a wideout. He will be getting single coverage all year and Philly refuses to run at times.

If Philly refuses to run why would he get single coverage???

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:41 AM   #39
roth74va
Special Teams

I feel Sanchez is overrated, his arm isnt gonna scare anyone. BUT neither did Montana's, but I really doubt Sanchez is anywhere near as smart and accurate as Montana was.

But Ill go with Maclin and Wells, neither will hold up against NFL'ers.
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:09 AM   #40
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I don't know, the games I saw he seemed to be running everything. I mean you don't catch 100 balls in Div 1 football and not have some seriosu talent. Now I know the Big 12 isn't the SEC but that's still serious production.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:14 AM   #41
MTK
\m/

I'm going with BJ Raji. Top college DT's seem to bust quite a bit or be ho-hum type of players once they get to the NFL.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:34 AM   #42
jdlea
Playmaker

I'm going with Mark Sanchez. I don't think he had enough college experience to become a good NFL QB.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #43
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Here are my likely busts:
1) Sanchez - way overhyped, won't come anywhere close to expectations. LA & NY are two different animals. It'll be interesting to see how he responds when the weather gets bad, he's playing a tough D, he makes a mistake or two and the fans start to boo. He'll be wishing he stayed in the warm sunshine of USC and my guess is he won't respond very well at all.

2) Andre Smith - He'll be pushing 4-bills and be involved in off-field incidents.

3) Heyward-Bey - How can anyone be successful with the Raiders?

4) Larry English - Numbers are inflated from weak competition, will be a back-up, nothing more. Injuries will likely be an issue.

5) Percy Harvin - coached against him at HS level, never seen anyone so fast in person. However, questionable hands, route running suspect, off-field issues probable, injuries probable. Didn't return kicks or punts at UF. Will struggle when he can't outrun everyone at the NFL level.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:40 AM   #44
Soup's Uncle
Special Teams

Man, listening to Jason la Confora this morning on Comcast, it sound slike he thinks Rak Attack is gonna suck. He's such a negative little prick.

Incorrect Wade...the Burgundy and Gold just ran all over you.
Soup's Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:41 AM   #45
Soup's Uncle
Special Teams

I think Matthew Stafford is gonna get killed in Detroit. He's my bust pick.

Incorrect Wade...the Burgundy and Gold just ran all over you.
Soup's Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote