Around the NFL...Week 8 Style

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #31
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: Around the NFL...Week 8 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
It was an e-mail to one of the ESPN Podcasts. The person sending the e-mail was saying that the Chargers are keeping the likes of Norv Turner and AJ Smith around to basically sabotage the team (and that crazy "Take a Chill Pill" article on their site) and alienate the fans so they can get out of SD and move to LA.
If they want to alienate the fans, they should hire Jim Zorn as head coach.

Advertisements
Old 10-23-2012, 04:10 PM   #32
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Okay. I also believe the secondary will be the primary issue. I disagree that this is Haslett's last stop. I agree he probably will not get another DC gig anytime soon, but he may. If Norv can keep getting rehired as a head coach, not sure why a lackluster career precludes Haslett's rehire - and I agree his career has been lack luster. It also, however, has not been horrible. He has had some success in some places.

Again, it seems to me that there have been a couple of games where Haslett has taken the lemons and created lemonade (Minnesota jumps to mind). On top of that, but for the last play, this D was doing well in holding NYG within reach. As I pointed out, the vaunted SF defense gave up 26 points to the Giants with one fewer turnover by the SF offense. M. Williams starts his turn earlier and doesn't stand around watching Cruz sprint towards him and maybe we are having a different discussion.

So we are clear, I think Haslett has made mistakes, several.

Is it your opinion that, particularly with the backfield he has done nothing to enhance the D's chances to succeed?
I think this has been completely lost (understandably so) in the post NYG/Skins game discussions.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #33
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
If they want to alienate the fans, they should hire Jim Zorn as head coach.
They should show Cerrato on their jumbotron. If those freaky eyes staring at you all game long doesnt make you walk out of the stadium, then SD will never be able to get rid of their fans.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:20 PM   #34
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
They should show Cerrato on their jumbotron. If those freaky eyes staring at you all game long doesnt make you walk out of the stadium, then SD will never be able to get rid of their fans.
AJ Smith has done his best Vinny Cerrato impression in my opinion. Although I don't think anyone could f up as much as Vinny.
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #35
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Barring multiple 40+ point games, Haslett is not getting fired midseason. How many f'ing times have you asked this same stupid question? 63 posts and I bet more than a small percentage are "When are we firing Haslett? Any update?" or some variation on the theme.

You are really a one-trick pony dude. We got it. You hate Haslett. Guess what - you, me and everyone else in Skins World better get used to giving up lots of yards/points threw the air. A change of coaching is NOT going to change that this season. Regardless of coaching, the talent is just not there.
No, just no. Our front seven (present, active roster) has more than enough talent over compensate for the weak safety play. Albeit, probably in a 4-3 base formation.

Like a few others have noted, the combo of Rob Jackson and Zo is pretty good. I've seen a few whifs but overall these guys are both fighting to start, and that's just what you wanna see. Jenkins is a drop from Carriker, but regardless our d line isn't anything special because we don't have a monster NT. Switch to a 4-3 though and I think we would benefit from increased pressure on the QB, which would help the safety group.

I say safety group because overall I'm satisfied with our DBs.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:32 PM   #36
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Okay. I also believe the secondary will be the primary issue. I disagree that this is Haslett's last stop. I agree he probably will not get another DC gig anytime soon, but he may. If Norv can keep getting rehired as a head coach, not sure why a lackluster career precludes Haslett's rehire - and I agree his career has been lack luster. It also, however, has not been horrible. He has had some success in some places.

Again, it seems to me that there have been a couple of games where Haslett has taken the lemons and created lemonade (Minnesota jumps to mind). On top of that, but for the last play, this D was doing well in holding NYG within reach. As I pointed out, the vaunted SF defense gave up 26 points to the Giants with one fewer turnover by the SF offense. M. Williams starts his turn earlier and doesn't stand around watching Cruz sprint towards him and maybe we are having a different discussion.

So we are clear, I think Haslett has made mistakes, several.

Is it your opinion that, particularly with the backfield he has done nothing to enhance the D's chances to succeed?
Norv's employment is as big a mystery as Hasletts to me.
As for the Vikings game our D played well for three quarters. Although Ponder has been very off as of late so not sure how impressed I am with that. As for the niners giving up more points than the Redskins I hear you and I want to believe there is something there but I can't. If you start playing connect the dots like that in sports you will discover that the Redskins are actually the best team in the NFL over the last twenty yeArs because we have played the Patriots better than they have played the Giants who lost to the Eagles who barely beat the Lions etc etc etc.
As per your question on Haslett - No I cannot say he enhances anything. I mean yes he has lemons, but the stats say they are playing like lemons. So im not sure where I see enhancement unless Im looking at the first three quarters against the Vikings and Christian Ponder who are on a downswing rite now. If I look at the passrush - well it was poor for the tiny window with Rak and I cant say Carriker is such an impactful player. He is good but not great. Either way I see no enhancement of the pass rush. Than there is our run D. Well if you read between those numbers we are ranked a little high simply because teams dont run the ball on us. Why would they? Our yards per carry is not great, and so that tells me when they run on us they are successful. The Falcons game was our best game against the run , but that being said we have a much more capable front seven than secondary even without Rak and Carriker so we should be able to handle the run due to personell anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:33 PM   #37
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Tough loss for the Cowgirls, a break for us when we play them

Sources -- Sean Lee of Dallas Cowboys may need season ending toe surgery - ESPN Dallas
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-23-2012, 10:22 PM   #38
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
Lololololol

Old 10-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #39
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Anyone see E60? Cortland Finnegan is completely different off the field
Old 10-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #40
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
AJ Smith has done his best Vinny Cerrato impression in my opinion. Although I don't think anyone could f up as much as Vinny.
While Vinny Cerrato had a job, his team had more playoff wins than Jerry Jones in that span.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #41
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Refs will use pink flags at the Dolphins Jets game on Sunday
Old 10-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #42
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Old 10-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #43
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Are you serious? That sounds like it could cause problems, especially for QBs on "free plays" where the defense jumps offsides. They're used to seeing and looking for yellow in that situation...not pink, which is going to be plastered all over the stadium, stands and players around him.

It's officially gone too far. It could actually affect the play on the field now.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #44
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Are you serious? That sounds like it could cause problems, especially for QBs on "free plays" where the defense jumps offsides. They're used to seeing and looking for yellow in that situation...not pink, which is going to be plastered all over the stadium, stands and players around him.

It's officially gone too far. It could actually affect the play on the field now.
You really dont like the color pink do you?

Old 10-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #45
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:

A child made the suggestion to Goodell and so they're deciding to honor it for one game.