Week 8: Redskins Vs Steelers Matchup Thoughts

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #31
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Re: Week 8: Redskins Vs Steelers Matchup Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I honestly feel that we are good for 21 points in every game, even with mistakes. In every game we're going to be in these games. If the defense doesn't f*ck up and the offense limits the mistakes, we win.
We are an Offense in it's absolute......infancy. We have barely scratched the surface of what they will become. I would think a very conservative estimate
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #32
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
We are an Offense in it's absolute......infancy. We have barely scratched the surface of what they will become. I would think a very conservative estimate
I think we are capable of scoring more points when we play well. I think that even with mistakes we would still put up about 21 points. We put up 23 against the Giants with a lot of mistakes and missed opportunities.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #33
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by milellie111 View Post
Will be a tough game playing in Pittsburg. I expect our offense to score under 20 this week. Anything is possible with RG3 back there, but being realistic, i expect the Steelers to hold down his rushing and spy him alot being that they have stud LBs in Harrison, Woodley and Timmons. The Steelers defense even without Polamalu is good and their defensive coordinator is crafty and has been one of the best for years. People are calling the Steelers defense old (like the Ravens) but do not count them out. Yes, weeks 1 and 3 they gave up over 30 points, but week two, they only allowed 10 points to the Jets, beat Philly and held them to 14 points and just Sunday ,beat the Bengals in their stadium keeping them to 17 points. More importantly, they held one of the leagues top 5 WR's AJ Green to just 1 catch and 8 yards. The same AJ Green who torched us for 9 catches 183 yards.

Expect our defense to look the same if not worse from the Giants game. The Steelers have one of the top receiving corps in the league (probably better than the Giants) in Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders. Wallace has world class speed and Brown is not too far behind. Brown is also a dangerous return man. Heath Miller as their TE has reemerged this year and has become a touchdown machine. Not only will our defense have problems covering their speedy WR, most likely our secondary will give 10 yard cushions all game long in hopes of not getting burned deep only to give up first down after first down. And oh yeah, we always seem to have problems covering TE's.

If we can not generate any pressure on Roethlisberger, it's a losing battle for our defense. London Fletcher may not even be playing for us this week. Problem with Roethlisberger is that he is dangerous with pressure as he can escape and is much more mobile than Eli Manning was last week. Either we don't blitz and let Roethlisberger scramble or sit in the pocket all day or we do blitz, it gets picked up and we leave one of the worst secondary's in the league exposed to some of the fastest WRs in the league.

Not much hope for our WR's of Hankerson, Moss and Josh Morgan of torching their secondary. They will probably spotlight Moss anyway the few times he is in the game to take that option away. (Steelers will look at last weeks tape against the Giants). Garcon is out. Fred Davis out. Cooley may not even be factor or play much considering this is his first week back.

Maybe we can get the running game going with Alfred Morris and keep their offense off the field but the Steelers run defense has been pretty stingy, only allowing a 100 yard rusher once so far this season(Mcfadden).

I know, with RG3 anything is possible and this is the NFL anything can happen any week. But being a realist, RG3 cannot play QB, WR, Safety and CB. Go into the game with realistic expectations and you will not be dissapointed if we get blown out, or lose another close one. However, i am hoping for a win, just not too confident.

Steelers: 27 Redskins: 13
We were able to score fine on Minnesota and Atlanta and nobody has stop the run yet. I doubt we will have problems scoring -- also stay away from sharp objects. From the sound of your post you are about to snap

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #34
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
We'll agree to disagree. I think RG3 is better than Ben, by more than a little. I think TALENT-WISE our offense is slightly better than theirs, and again TALENT-WISE their defense is slightly better than ours. I'm looking at talent, no more. The Steelers are far better coached though, and that will likely make the difference.
Big Ben has won 2 super bowls -- RG3 has played 7 really good games. Let's hold off on saying RG3 is better

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #35
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Big Ben has won 2 super bowls -- RG3 has played 7 really good games. Let's hold off on saying RG3 is better
Well the problem with that is, if RGIII is not better than Big Ben and we win over an otherwise evenly matched opponent, you may actually have to credit Shanahan ... and that would just plain suck.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #36
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Well the problem with that is, if RGIII is not better than Big Ben and we win over an otherwise evenly matched opponent, you may actually have to credit Shanahan ... and that would just plain suck.
Balderdash.....Comrade!
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:50 PM   #37
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

As Ben Roethlisberger went 13 - 0 in his rookie season, and as much as I swoon over RGIII, he can't be compared to the rapist. Give RGIII a season or two and he'll be considered the best QB ever to play.

Last edited by RedskinRat; 10-23-2012 at 06:57 PM.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:51 PM   #38
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
As Ben Roethlisberger went 13 - 0 in his rookie season, and as much as I swoon over RGIII, he can't be compared to the rapist. Give him a season or two and he'll be considered the best QB ever to play.
Who will b?
Old 10-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #39
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Who will b?
As the rapist has already played more than a season or two I thought it was self explanatory, but in fairness to the window lickers on WP I've edited my response.

k?
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #40
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

WE WIN!

I don't know why, how or what the score will be, but...

WE WIN!

Maybe just because collectively the team and coaching staff will rally around the great performance that RGIII displayed last week to put the team in position to win on more than one occasion; and because individually everyone will step up their game a notch or two.

Tough place to go on the road to get a win against a physical Pittsburgh team, but...

WE WIN!
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #41
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I think this game comes down to how many times Kyle throws a INT or fumbles the ball. If we can keep his turnovers down, we'll win.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #42
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
You mean the same secondary that held AJ Green to 1 catch for 8 yds? Although I am glad Polamalu is not going to be playing for them.
Bengals Steelers is a divisional game and may not be the best barometer for what to expect from the Steelers. I don't see why we can't put up points like the Titans and Raiders did. We're top 5 in scoring and should expect to move the ball on anyone.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #43
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I think this game comes down to how many times Kyle throws a INT or fumbles the ball. If we can keep his turnovers down, we'll win.
Correct. Turnovers are a direct result of bad play calling
Old 10-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #44
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Also how many times Haslett blows a coverage or misses a tackle.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #45
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

You're right. It not Haslett's fault. The fact that the secondary didn't play last year like this and had improved from 2010 to 2011 speaks volumes. Then Slowik leaves and the Redskins hires Raheem Morris as defensive backs coach and then all of a sudden the defensive backs can't defend the pass worth a damn.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote