Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #31
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Re: Around the NFL...Week 7 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
There's no chance the bears fire Smith, he is a winner every year almost.

Romo isn't leaving Dallas he's only 32 and is pretty damn good
You might be right about Smith, although there have been others with winning records that have been fired cause they couldn't get over the hump....ie; Schottenheimer and the Chargers.

But....I'll politely dissagree with you in regards to Romo. He was decent maybe the first two or three yrs but it seems to me that teams have his number and that is if you rush him or if he has to play catch up he seems to fail. It also seems to me that when he screwed up on that holding of the FG and they were knocked out of the playoffs he has not been the same.

I know a lot and I mean a lot of Dallas fans who are not happy that Romo has not been replaced and I keep hearing rumblings about how Garrett should be fired also.

and as for the Skins, I really hope that whenever MS and Co. get the formula right and we hopefully get to the SB and hopefully win one, the coaching staff will put their aspirations aside and allow the formula to work for a few yrs and give the fans a few yrs SB contending and hopefully trophies instead of taking coaching jobs elsewhere and ruining a good thing. To me it always seems like a team will go to the SB then the a DC or OC gets stolen away and the team is not as good anymore or it takes time for them to get back to the level the were playing at.

Advertisements
Old 10-16-2012, 10:53 PM   #32
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Lot of coaches/QBs on the hot seat.

Romo/Garrett Though Garrett less so

Vick/Reid

Matt Cassell

Rivers/Turner

Sanchez/Ryan
Garrett is awful.

Okay, I was wrong on Brady Quinn. He won't ever be good. I was really right on Cassel though.

I have no idea what's different with Philip Rivers now. He still has every characteristic that made him ridiculously awesome, except now he makes horrible decisions a couple times every game. No idea why.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:15 AM   #33
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Garrett is awful.

Okay, I was wrong on Brady Quinn. He won't ever be good. I was really right on Cassel though.

I have no idea what's different with Philip Rivers now. He still has every characteristic that made him ridiculously awesome, except now he makes horrible decisions a couple times every game. No idea why.
Tries too hard...Rivers I mean.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:29 AM   #34
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Top 20 Non-BCS Prospects for the 2013 NFL Draft | Bleacher Report

some good small school prospects (no I'm not going to make a 2013 draft thread...yet)
Old 10-17-2012, 09:52 AM   #35
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
You might be right about Smith, although there have been others with winning records that have been fired cause they couldn't get over the hump....ie; Schottenheimer and the Chargers.

But....I'll politely dissagree with you in regards to Romo. He was decent maybe the first two or three yrs but it seems to me that teams have his number and that is if you rush him or if he has to play catch up he seems to fail. It also seems to me that when he screwed up on that holding of the FG and they were knocked out of the playoffs he has not been the same.

I know a lot and I mean a lot of Dallas fans who are not happy that Romo has not been replaced and I keep hearing rumblings about how Garrett should be fired also.

and as for the Skins, I really hope that whenever MS and Co. get the formula right and we hopefully get to the SB and hopefully win one, the coaching staff will put their aspirations aside and allow the formula to work for a few yrs and give the fans a few yrs SB contending and hopefully trophies instead of taking coaching jobs elsewhere and ruining a good thing. To me it always seems like a team will go to the SB then the a DC or OC gets stolen away and the team is not as good anymore or it takes time for them to get back to the level the were playing at.
Dallas fans think they should always have the best QB in the league but I guarantee most would take romo over any qb they've had since aikman. They are all just sour because we have RG3!! And for Smith And Chicago I just think hes a great coach that pretty much has been a winner with bad offense before the last couple years.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:02 AM   #36
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Do you mean Josh Freeman?
Yep. Too much Joshing going on in Tampa.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #37
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Crezdon Butler just got waived by Arizona.

Bears just cut former starting-LT Chris Williams. He used to be good and he's a 27 YO 1st-round pick. He's already visiting the Eagles today but I'd bring him in for depth.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #38
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nsive-tackles/

Check these Tackles pass protection stats. Trent representing well, Polumbus is bad, but not as bad as Doug Free or ex Redskins D'Anthony Batiste. Alot of people wanted Massie and Demetrius Bell here, but they are horrible

He Gets Us
Old 10-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #39
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Andy Reid fires a guy who has been with the organization since 94???? 6 games into the season this seems like hes panicking big time, I do like the promotion of Todd Bowles.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:44 AM   #40
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Andy Reid fires a guy who has been with the organization since 94???? 6 games into the season this seems like hes panicking big time, I do like the promotion of Todd Bowles.
This is hilarious. I really haven't been following the Iggles' games but I was under the impression that their D has pretty much kept them in games. I am sure Vick's double digit turnovers haven't helped them. I am wondering who Reid is going to fire for that?
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #41
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nsive-tackles/

Check these Tackles pass protection stats. Trent representing well, Polumbus is bad, but not as bad as Doug Free or ex Redskins D'Anthony Batiste. Alot of people wanted Massie and Demetrius Bell here, but they are horrible
I was one who wanted Massie here (but not Bell). Massie is a rook who has been prematurely shoved into the fire. He may still turn out to be good despite his current play.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 10-17-2012, 12:15 PM   #42
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post

Well Snyder is willing to pay his coaches to stay and that's all one can do. It often happens that these OC and DC leave to fail and looking for work in two years. I think the key is when your winning and have a OC and DC leave you need to replace them with a coach that uses the same system.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #43
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

There will be coaching changes this offseason

I'm not sure there's a better show than NFL Network's A Football Life. Week in and week out it's incredible
Old 10-17-2012, 08:59 PM   #44
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
There will be coaching changes this offseason

I'm not sure there's a better show than NFL Network's A Football Life. Week in and week out it's incredible
I love it the mcnair one was incredible
Old 10-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #45
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

My favorite shows right. Now

30-30
E60
a football life
Closed Thread