Trade Deadline: Any movement?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #31
Meks
Pro Bowl

Re: Trade Deadline: Any movement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivybaby View Post
Im down for a better WR than Garcon . Let it be known our WR is based on potential not based on already proving Morgan career been flashes you have Moss on the decline and is old while Garcon shown in the NFL he is a very good YAC WR that has speed and good route skills but been slowed down by injuries, and than you have Robinson who had 1 good game .

Our WR core is not that good it has potential but thats about it im somehow surprise how we score 24 points a game but its just RG3 and Morris all the way along with Davis.

Id think we could fine a CB around . Aqib Talib even if he is suspended could be interesting but he is a FA after this season.
wouldn't leave out Hankerson... he's shown some flashes as well and is still learning and IMO will develop into a legit #1/#2 reciever for us within the next 2 years...

our reciever will be just fine, i think when garcon is healthy ppl will see that things are coming together for this bunch... and with rg3 throwing to them they will aonly get better... kid is deadly accurate.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #32
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
LOL Moss is avg , Welker is the best Slot WR in the league and argubly is a#1 WR . No way is Moss on welkers level even if he was in NE Moss will never be like Welker.
Welker is a quality slot WR who gets targeted over 100 times a season. Moss would put up those numbers with that kind of involvement too.

He's a product of the NE system. Want proof? Look how easily he's just been replaced. Plug in any similar WR like Edelman and the production is the same.

Don't get me wrong, Welker IS a good receiver, but anyone playing slot with Tom Brady throwing to him is going to put up big numbers. Add any tight end into that statement too. They've used a linebacker at TE and he was a TD-scoring machine on the goal line. It's a well-oiled machine in New England.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:21 PM   #33
Meks
Pro Bowl

agreed.^
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 10-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #34
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdskins26 View Post
Not yet, give it a year. Another good preseason, and yes we will cash in.

Bleacher report speculated a Lorenzo Alexander and late round pick for Jennings. All we need is 2 injured star receivers...
OMG I hope there's no truth to that...Smootsmack?
Old 10-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #35
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
But he doesn't get the ball nowhere near as much. But I am confident he could do what welker does if in that system.
Indeed. I think Moss has been misused most of his career. This season he's in the right position but underused.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #36
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Without setbacks, Nov 18 vs. Eagles in Week 11 after the bye.
I predict...Brown will be out for the season by week 12 lol
Old 10-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #37
Deivybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Welker is a quality slot WR who gets targeted over 100 times a season. Moss would put up those numbers with that kind of involvement too.

He's a product of the NE system. Want proof? Look how easily he's just been replaced. Plug in any similar WR like Edelman and the production is the same.

Don't get me wrong, Welker IS a good receiver, but anyone playing slot with Tom Brady throwing to him is going to put up big numbers. Add any tight end into that statement too. They've used a linebacker at TE and he was a TD-scoring machine on the goal line. It's a well-oiled machine in New England.
Welker is targeted alot because he gets off of seperation and is a faster better route runner than Moss. We will never know but I doubt Moss gets avgs 110 recs a year wes welker even had big numbers when Moss and Stallworth where in 07 and other than Stallworth out Wes been just amazing. I dont think Moss would be as good I can easily see an improvement but Wes is a Reception god.
Deivybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #38
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
welker is just like moss... u put welker out there on the edge like we did Moss for years... he'd look just as Avg as Moss did in that spot i garuntee it.
This.

By definition, a slot receiver is not a #1 WR. You may move a guy around between them but the positions are quite different.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #39
Deivybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
wouldn't leave out Hankerson... he's shown some flashes as well and is still learning and IMO will develop into a legit #1/#2 reciever for us within the next 2 years...

our reciever will be just fine, i think when garcon is healthy ppl will see that things are coming together for this bunch... and with rg3 throwing to them they will aonly get better... kid is deadly accurate.
Leonardo shown flashes .
Deivybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #40
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Welker is targeted alot because he gets off of seperation and is a faster better route runner than Moss. We will never know but I doubt Moss gets avgs 110 recs a year wes welker even had big numbers when Moss and Stallworth where in 07 and other than Stallworth out Wes been just amazing. I dont think Moss would be as good I can easily see an improvement but Wes is a Reception god.
No. Moss' seperation is about as good as it gets. He's far and away the best on our roster at creating seperation. The difference is New England is superior at spreading the field, so Welker gets into space much easier. And if you put a safety over the top Brady goes to the man coverage, probably a TE this season.
Our offense, meaning Kyle's scheme, as a bad tendency to bunch things up out there. I'm laughing every Sunday at how many pass plays I watch unfold with B and G shirts within a few steps of each other downfield. Hard to create seperation when the routes have you running around your teammates lol.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #41
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Brady throws the ball 35+ times EVERY GAME.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 10-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #42
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Not even remotely true. Dude was just posting his thoughts on possible trade ideas. It's not a "report" per se
Old 10-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #43
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
You took a Bleacher Report seriously?....

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #44
The Goat
Pro Bowl

I don't know what Bleacher Report is fellas, pretty much expect to get the scoop here.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #45
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I know BR. Some of the guys who run it are friends of mine. I could have been a multimillionaire many times over had I accepted their offer...but they do not break news or provide scoops. In fact, they specifically mandate to their writers that they are not supposed to break news. That is not what they are all about. At all

So, in other words, you should never go to BR for any breaking news or rumors because they won't provide it.