Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Keep 89 On the Field

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #31
Mechanix544
The Starter

Re: Keep 89 On the Field

Moss is doing very good this in his new role. Hopefully he will take a cut for the team in the offseason, and stay 2 more years, and retire a skin. Great Redskin.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #32
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Moss and Morgan are currently the best WRs on the team and they should be featured as such.

FYI-Moss has more the YAC then Hankerson and Morgan, he's behind Freddy D though
Fred is our best downfield target, and barring a bizarre turn of events he will be for a few seasons.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:06 PM   #33
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I have to disagree some -- Moss is a liability when running. Him out there can also affect play action. I like him in passing situations, but hate the idea of him as a starter. He's an old guy, lets limit his snaps but definitely look his way out of the slot a lot to let him be effective.
Moss liability status, looking at his entire career, has been some fumbling and effort issues. He's money this season. No reason to live in the past when he can help us win games now.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:35 PM   #34
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

My post wasn't clear -- I meant in the running game. He's one of the worst blockers on the team. Has more to do with his stature than his drive.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #35
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
My post wasn't clear -- I meant in the running game. He's one of the worst blockers on the team. Has more to do with his stature than his drive.
It sounds like you are going out of your way to pan Moss. Since when had Moss been a bad blocker? Because that's what your saying when you call him one of the worst blockers on the team.

Naturally, Moss isn't going to be a strong as Morgan or Garcon, but what makes him one of the 'worst blockers on the team'?
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #36
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

30Gut -- It's more a symptom of the type of players and talent we've brought in to this team. During the downs we want to sell play action or we want to run the ball -- I'd rather see any combination of Hankerson, Morgan, and Garcon on the field, probably Briscoe as well. The only person I don't know about is Robinson.

That's fine, it's not Moss' forte, but if you see Moss you should know it's a pass. I meant one of the worst blockers at WR -- I stand by that.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #37
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Moss and Morgan are currently the best WRs on the team and they should be featured as such.

FYI-Moss has more the YAC then Hankerson and Morgan, he's behind Freddy D though
You are basing Moss' YAC on one play bro. A blown coverage with nobody guarding him. Other than that, he hasn't broke anything of the sort. Granted, he's come up huge on some critical downs.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #38
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
You are basing Moss' YAC on one play bro. A blown coverage with nobody guarding him. Other than that, he hasn't broke anything of the sort. Granted, he's come up huge on some critical downs.
Really? Its all from 1 play? By that same token so is Garcon's.
Look it happened, I'm not going selectively remove or alter stats when I posted them.

But, even if you look at Moss historically he's always had a high YAC.

Quote:
30Gut -- It's more a symptom of the type of players and talent we've brought in to this team. During the downs we want to sell play action or we want to run the ball -- I'd rather see any combination of Hankerson, Morgan, and Garcon on the field, probably Briscoe as well. The only person I don't know about is Robinson.

That's fine, it's not Moss' forte, but if you see Moss you should know it's a pass. I meant one of the worst blockers at WR -- I stand by that.
If you want to sell play action then you want Moss to play more so its not a give away when he's in the game.

Garcon is hurt so he's a non-factor.
I want to see Morgan and Moss because they'll get open and they'll catch the ball when its thrown to them.

Maybe i'm nit-picking but when you use the words 'worst' to mean 'not as good as' your conveying a clearly negative image.
But, whatever I think its funny is such a bad blocker yet Moss run blocking hasn't been a problem before.

Last edited by 30gut; 10-15-2012 at 06:38 PM.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:26 AM   #39
That Guy
Living Legend

moss has never been a great run blocker. that's part of why morgan and hankerson and garcon and paul are put out there, because they run block well. and our WRs do spend a lot of time blocking for runs, that and griffin are huge parts of the nfl's #2 run offense.

until robinson and garcon figure out how to get on the field, moss and davis are clearly our best options. we just happen to have a QB that can hide the warts on the WR corp right now.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote