Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

ESPN power rankings...Skins @ #18

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-07-2004, 01:01 PM   #31
Big C
Mr. Brightside

yes, hes ONE the best, if hes on the field, which he has yet to prove he can do on a consistent basis. He is amazing, when on the field, but its quite simple. If a man with his frame is running around constantly, getting pounded day in and day out, hes going to get hurt. He got hurt in college, he got hurt last year. Try Peyton Manning as the best. Never missed a start, can run a game, and he can complete more than 52% of his passes, something Vick couldnt do...
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-07-2004, 01:21 PM   #32
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C
yes, hes ONE the best, if hes on the field, which he has yet to prove he can do on a consistent basis. He is amazing, when on the field, but its quite simple. If a man with his frame is running around constantly, getting pounded day in and day out, hes going to get hurt. He got hurt in college, he got hurt last year. Try Peyton Manning as the best. Never missed a start, can run a game, and he can complete more than 52% of his passes, something Vick couldnt do...
right now peyton manning is the best qb as far as passing ability and reading a defense, but he has no where near the potential that vick has. no one could ever confuse manning for a mobile qb. i know i'd rather take a 2nd year qb that completes a little over 50% of his passes for around 3,000 yards, throws 3 times as many tds as ints, and can run for 700 plus yards like vick did 2 seasons ago. and that was before they started fixing the mechanics of his release and footwork in the pocket.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 01:57 PM   #33
Big C
Mr. Brightside

i disagree. Ideally, im sure wed all take Vick. But, he isnt durable, and what good is he when he is injured? Manning has proven his durability, and his skill. Point is, if Vick is healthy, hes awesome, but he cant win games from the sideline in a cast. And trust me, he will get injured again.
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 02:31 PM   #34
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C
i disagree. Ideally, im sure wed all take Vick. But, he isnt durable, and what good is he when he is injured? Manning has proven his durability, and his skill. Point is, if Vick is healthy, hes awesome, but he cant win games from the sideline in a cast. And trust me, he will get injured again.
I agree, Vick is always one play away from a torn acl, or a concussion because he's outside of that pocket. (although Ramsey would say the pocket isn't always that safe a place, I imagine.)
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 03:56 PM   #35
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy
I agree, Vick is always one play away from a torn acl, or a concussion because he's outside of that pocket. (although Ramsey would say the pocket isn't always that safe a place, I imagine.)
while i do agree he needs to work on his durability, everyone playing footbal is one play away from a serious injury.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 01:41 PM   #36
SkinsRock
Impact Rookie

Like EVERY mobile QB, to be a great QB, Vick has to learn how to play like a pocket passer, then his running ability on top of that could be practically unstoppable.

As far as the Falcons' ranking, everyone seems to forget that while they have Vick (who will probably win a couple games himself), they have new rookie head coach. That's why #7 is way too high for them.
SkinsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 01:44 PM   #37
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Mabye if the Falcons had infact had Denion as their coach then id rank them higher than seven. lol, I was kinda looking forward to seeing D.Sanders press conferences, it would have been entertaining at minimum.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:56 PM   #38
djdunick
Special Teams

Skins009,

I echo your sentiments about the D-line. It will be our shortcoming all season which is why I thought we should trade down in the draft and get an extra pick and a D lineman, although with Gibbs running the draft and his track record who really could argue with Taylor.

DJDunick
djdunick is offline   Reply With Quote