Cowboys DT charged with Intoxicated Manslaughter

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #31
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: Cowboys DT charged with Intoxicated Manslaughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
Oh well. Just another idiot that thinks his actions don't affect others, until they do. Lock him up and throw away the key. Killed an innocent guy (albeit one who should have known not to get into the car with a drunk driver). Sad, but you will have idiots aplenty in a sport with these types of guys.

So it goes.
If you get in a car with someone drunk its as much your fault as anyones. He also could have talked him out of driving. The charges are stupid and just another example of people blaming someone else.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #32
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
If you get in a car with someone drunk its as much your fault as anyones. He also could have talked him out of driving. The charges are stupid and just another example of people blaming someone else.
What if they were drunk as well?
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #33
redskins5044
Playmaker

I just saw on ESPN, that the cowboys released Josh Brent. I just hope they still continue to help him with a support system, I understand he committed a crime but his best friend died in the wreck. Watching the reporters surround him after he was released asking questions about his friend was sick to me.

Bottom line he deserves what comes his away as far as jail time or whatever, but his emotional state is probably fragile. NFL needs to support him as far as counseling goes and keep a close eye on him because he could become suicidal.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #34
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins5044 View Post
I just saw on ESPN, that the cowboys released Josh Brent. I just hope they still continue to help him with a support system, I understand he committed a crime but his best friend died in the wreck. Watching the reporters surround him after he was released asking questions about his friend was sick to me.

Bottom line he deserves what comes his away as far as jail time or whatever, but his emotional state is probably fragile. NFL needs to support him as far as counseling goes and keep a close eye on him because he could become suicidal.
That is the biggest pussy post I've ever seen. Support system? The guy killed a man due to his negligence. He deserves to be stoned and cast out to sea. Fragile mental state, give me a f'ing break.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #35
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
What if they were drunk as well?
Well if your going to say the passenger was too drunk to know better then wouldn't you have to say the same thing for the driver. This whole thing is bad and a lot of people have been hurt but the passenger still knowingly got in a car with a drunk driver. He cotributed to his own death and it not like the driver hit an unknowing other person or car.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #36
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
That is the biggest pussy post I've ever seen. Support system? The guy killed a man due to his negligence. He deserves to be stoned and cast out to sea. Fragile mental state, give me a f'ing break.
My feelings lie somewhere between these two opinions. I don't think the NFL or Cowboys need to be involved, but I certainly would hope that one or two of his fellow players would be involved with him as he copes with the consequences of his decisions. He will be found guilty, and do whatever the state finds appropriate, and he needs to accept that responsibility.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #37
redskins5044
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Ok I guess I'm a pussy then, not going to argue about it. The dude messed up and he will have to live with killing his friend for the rest of his life. He goes out and kills himself it will bring the spot light to he NFL again.

I guess Lenoard Little and Donte Stalleworth are already their in the sea. Oh wait both played after getting a DUI and killing a innocent victims. Oh and Ray Lewis who is praised left and right got a second chance.

I am not defending him; just saying a loss of another life in this situation it not necessary.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #38
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Ok I guess I'm a pussy then, not going to argue about it. The dude messed up and he will have to live with killing his friend for the rest of his life. He goes out and kills himself it will bring the spot light to he NFL again.

I guess Lenoard Little and Donte Stalleworth are already their in the sea. Oh wait both played after getting a DUI and killing a innocent victims. Oh and Ray Lewis who is praised left and right got a second chance.

I am not defending him; just saying a loss of another life in this situation it not necessary.
Obviously he will be guilty and pay with time served. I think public humiliation, probably doesn't solve the key issue of drinking and driving. Do I know the answer? No. But I do think its easy to look at this from a micro perspective and miss the bigger picture/issue.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #39
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:

I wouldn't support him through shit. It is his own fault. He can rot in jail for all I care.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #40
redskins5044
Playmaker

Just saw Donte Stallworth catch a TD why isn't he in jail.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:41 PM   #41
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Just saw Donte Stallworth catch a TD why isn't he in jail.
He did his time. The circumstances around his accident were completely different.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:44 PM   #42
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:

I agree with you to a certain extent, but i believe whole heartedly that Ray Lewis is the only guy out of the bunch who was absolutley guilty. Where as Stallworth and Leonard Little made horrible mistakes that cost lives, i believe Ray Lewis set out and succeeded in committing murder, and i think that's the difference.

Not here to argue about Ray Lewis one way or the other, that's just my opinion. Josh Brent will pay the rest of his life whether he does jail time or not, my guess is he probably won't do any time...
Old 12-10-2012, 10:46 PM   #43
redskins5044
Playmaker

Killing a innocent bystander is different than a someone who willing got into the car with drunk driver. Ok, doesn't seem the same to me.

Stallworth paid his way out of a longer jail term. Part of the plea deal was a financial settlement to the family.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #44
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:

I just read that Brent is still technically a cowboy. In this situation, the cowboys must wait for a ruling from Roger Goodell and any other penalties/restrictions on Brent before they make a move on releasing / inactivating him. They do not expect him to return in regular capacity as a player anytime soon.

There is some speculation that Brent, who will likely avoid jail time, will go into some sort of counciling/therapy program paid for by the cowboys, and that the cowboys want to retain rights to Brent, and even Jason Garrett was quoted one hour ago saying that Brent was "absolutley" still on the team's plans and that they wanted Brent to feel welcome and comforted, that he knows he committed a terrible act and that is worse than any penalty anyone can deal out. The article closed in saying that this situation was different than when a player goes out and committs a drunken or drug fueled act, this is just tragically poor judgement that cost the life of a friend...
Old 12-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #45
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Lot of "perfect" people here it seems

Stallworth's situation seems to repeatedly be forgotten