Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #31
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: Eli is not elite SKINS vs midgets game day thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
This is a crucial game in my opinion. If the 'skins win tonight, I seriously think they win out. It's a statement game. At some point in a franchise's rebuilding, there has to be a certain game or a certain play that turns everything around. In my opinion, it's gotta be tonight. When three NFCE games in a row, on top of beating the current Super Bowl champions, and this team glides into the playoffs being very dangerous. Lose tonight, and the 'skins aren't quite there yet, they'll lose another game down the road that they probably shouldn't drop, but they'll sweep Dallas to end 8-8 and give us something to look forward to for next season. I really think it goes one of those two ways. I just hope it's the former.

I actually think it started in the 2 qtr. on Thanks Giving day.

Advertisements
Old 12-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #32
FRPLG
MVP

Worked up for a game for the first time in a while. I REALLY hope we come to play tonight. So tired of being hapless and hopeless.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:41 AM   #33
RonBurgundy
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary84Clark View Post
Portis put the team on his back!
RGIII will continue to carry this team a la Portis in '05. It's been incredible watching him step up in big games, and this is arguably the biggest of the season to date.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:41 AM   #34
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

We have a lot of variables not in our favor:

1) We are playing at home (which normally means we don't play good)

2) We normal play like poop on a primetime game.

Here is to hoping be break all the trends. Already broke one this season with a huge win after the bye week(against the Eagles at that).
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 12-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #35
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post

Here is to hoping be break all the trends. Already broke one this season with a huge win after the bye week(against the Eagles at that).
These two things truly do go away due to the Griffin Factor. Truly I hope this is a revenge for the Monday Night Swinging Gate debacle. That was a low point for me with the Skins, and I hope that tonight erases that as Griffin and the Skins continue to show everyone that they are real.

Griffin isn't affected by the stage, unless it is that he steps up to it and makes it his.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #36
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

if the defense continues the trend of stronger play in the second half, we should win. Another statement game opportunity.

He Gets Us
Old 12-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #37
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post

And not to mention breaking the losing streak against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #38
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

I understand that we haven't had a great record on Monday night and have problems with winning at home. That was the past, prior to RG III. This kid has changed everything for us. Throw out everything that has happened to us in the past and start fresh with this year.

We have a franchise QB, from this year forward we are fresh and new.

Remember in week 7 we turned the ball over nearly 6 times and only lost by 4. Tonight we flip the script.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #39
Monkeydad
Living Legend

My only worry is our uniforms. While we're look spectacular, we always lose in any of our anniversary uniforms.

Otherwise, we can beat them.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #40
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
That's whay I get my colon checked on a regular basis.
Dude, this is the game-day thread, not a dating thread.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #41
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I don't feel great coming into this game. Many small reasons.

1) When Andrew Luck has a great game; RG3 loses.
2) I haven't heard much talk from the giants in the past few days. They've been awfully quiet.
3) We are getting a lot of hype right now.
4) Every year theres a sports weekend or 2, where the NFL teams, and college teams that I root for to win, all lose. If the redskins lose tomorrow it'll complete that dreadful Losing weekend.
5) Redskins haven't been good on MNF in a while and they haven't won at home on MNF since 96. Why would we break the streak tomorrow?
I 100% agree with you but..... the Skins won Thanksgiving Day which is a Prime Time game in front of millions of viewers. Dallas had not lost a Thanksgiving Day game in many of years. The Redskins never won a game on Thanksgiving Day since what 1951 or something?

I feel tides are a turning. The Giants didn't have their best WR on the field the first go around but neither did the Skins (Garcon). Although the Skins have many starters on IR now the team is playing well with what we do have and most of the players that played the first game will be back as opposed to the Giants who might have several players out this go around. With the Skins run game playing well and now Garcon back into the fold with Robinson and Hankerson I think the Giants will have their hands full.

The Skins win this one and there is a 3 way tie for the division....right?
Old 12-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #42
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

I just have one of those miserably bad feelings of foreboding.

As a side note, I think it is hilarious how so many of us have little superstitions working this week (I have one going too). I also think think the recent Bud Light play on that is f'ing brilliant ("It's only weird if it doesn't work!"). My favorite is the guy who gives the faux-scientific reason for holding beer bottles "label out" when their kicker is attempting a field goal.

I just have to find the right place in the room to put the Redskins Football Gnome, the burgundy and gold squid named Gibbs, and make sure I am wearing the right football jersey (defense or offense).

My biggest memory of superstitions was in the '79 game season finale against Dallas. Every time our dog was in the room, the Skins messed up, when she was out, the Skins scored. I mentioned this to my Dad who snorted and said it didn't matter and he would prove it by calling the dog into the room. The Cowboys promptly drove down and scored the go ahead touchdown.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #43
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I 100% agree with you but..... the Skins won Thanksgiving Day which is a Prime Time game in front of millions of viewers. Dallas had not lost a Thanksgiving Day game in many of years. The Redskins never won a game on Thanksgiving Day since what 1951 or something?

I feel tides are a turning. The Giants didn't have their best WR on the field the first go around but neither did the Skins (Garcon). Although the Skins have many starters on IR now the team is playing well with what we do have and most of the players that played the first game will be back as opposed to the Giants who might have several players out this go around. With the Skins run game playing well and now Garcon back into the fold with Robinson and Hankerson I think the Giants will have their hands full.

The Skins win this one and there is a 3 way tie for the division....right?
No, WHEN we win this one, we'll be 6-6 with Dallas. New Jersey will still have a slim lead at 7-6.

Not for long.

Their schedule:

Loss to us.
Tough one against the Saints.
Loss on the road in Atlanta
Tough game at Baltimore

Finally a break against the Eagles

The Giants could easily lose 3 of their last 5 games, which will allow us to win the division even if we lose another game.

Our schedule:
WIN vs. Vagiants
Tough game home against Baltimore, could be our one loss
Win in Cleveland
Another blowout in Philly

Clinch at home vs. Cowgirls.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #44
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
My only worry is our uniforms. While we're look spectacular, we always lose in any of our anniversary uniforms.

Otherwise, we can beat them.
There may be a last second change as far as the uniforms tonight. Have heard mixed things from various people. I think they'll wear the throwbacks, but some people at the park this week have told me they aren't
Old 12-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #45
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
There may be a last second change as far as the uniforms tonight. Have heard mixed things from various people. I think they'll wear the throwbacks, but some people at the park this week have told me they aren't
Honestly, while I love the throwbacks, I'm not convolved we're not cursed in any throwback uniforms. I'd be fine with dumping them for this game.

Seriously, how did we let the 1-win Panthers flat out embarrass us?

The last time we wore throwbacks against the Giants, we got whipped in our 75ths. Before that, in our 70ths...loss to the Saints. In 1994 for the league's 75th anniversary, we lost two out of three in throwbacks.

I say dump them.

Redskins lose third straight in throwback jerseys