Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

f...gibbs

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 09:15 PM   #31
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: f...gibbs

[QUOTE=this falls on gibbs shoulders he is the head coach with the last say..... he needs to goooooooo[/QUOTE]

I have a suggestion to all of you who doubt Gibbs. Go root for another team, you guys don't know squat. Bring back Norv or Marty awesome coaches.

Advertisements
Old 09-23-2007, 09:16 PM   #32
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Dont cared who called the plays. We got fucked because this situation should have never happened.

WHY WE LOST

1. The portis fumble
2. The Springs pass interference
3. Rogers not paying attention on the Burress TD.
4. Conserative playcalling for some fucking reason.
5. Betts being in the game at the end.
6. Sellers falling down every fucking time we ran in the 2nd half.
7. Sellers dropping a TD pass on 2nd and goal.
8. Spiking the ball on 1st and goal, WTF suprise them and just go up the middle.
9. We had 25 seonds to calm down and run the 4th down play and for some reason we rushed it.
10. We always fuck up against the Giants for some stupd ass reason.
11. The offense didnt help the defense out, no defense can win you a game when they are on the field for 20+ minutes in a half.
12. 81 yards in the second half.
13. Not taking advantage of 3 good returns by Cartwright
14. The missed FG by Suisham at the start of the game. He could have kicked one on the second to last drive and kicked one on the last drive.
15. Dropped passes (Portis, Moss)
16. Not going to Cooley when the Giants have been torched by tight ends all fucking season.
17. No double moves to Moss when he has vitimized their corners with that since coming to the NFL.
Couldn't have put it any better.

Great post, you're absolutely right.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:17 PM   #33
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
At least one of those plays in the red zone should have been a boot action play where Campbell has run/pass option. No question. And the fact that Dallas and Green Bay TORCHED their secondary and we didn't come out trying to throw at all is f-ing sickening. I'm as mad as I've been in a long damn time about this team. SHIT.
Unfortunately they did do one boot...it was to Sellers on 2nd down..Campbell threw it behind him and he dropped it.
They should have tried it again though.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:26 PM   #34
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

And another thing why the hell did we bring in reche caldwell if he isnt going to get on the field JAMES THRASH!! Why???

Another thing Portis had 10 carries for 45 yards in the first half and finished with 14 carries for 60 yards 4 carries for 15 yards!!! whos idea was that.

We were the 4th best on 3rd down offense and went 5/16 bullshit
We were the BEST on 3rd down defense and they went 9/16 including 7 consecutive conversions. Fuck that man that shit has to change.

We won the first 2 games because the offense they might not have scored on every drive but they had drives moving the ball down field. the defense doesnt have a chance if right after a 6 minute drive they have to go back on the field before they sit down. Campbell can throw the deep ball great but everything else is mediocre at best.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:27 PM   #35
memphisskin
Impact Rookie

Re: f...gibbs, kinda harsh after one loss, no?

I do agree that the playcalling cost us this game, but lets slow down for a second.

1. The jury is still out on Jason Campbell. Having a rookie qb (with only 10 starts he still qualifies as a rookie to me) means that you will have to deal with growing pains. Like a 16-34 for 190 yds. Still no clue how Campbell overthows Moss, but I think they'll get it together coming out of the bye.

2. Our running game is the cornerstone of Gibbs football, and its tough to run when you have to replace the right side of your line two weeks into the season.

3. Somehow, the Giants know how to run the ball on us. I don't know if Pierce has given the G Men all our calls or what, but we just can't ever seem to stop the G-men from running on us. Tiki, Ward, hasn't seemed to matter.

4. Wasted draft picks have killed our depth. Going free agent heavy has made us awfully top heavy, hence no line depth. Lloyd and Duckett have contributed mightily to this Skins team, only as negatives not positives.

There was some good.

1. Randle El made some pretty good plays.
2. No more offensive linemen got hurt.
3. We wore brand "new" uniforms.
3. We didn't trade a
Old 09-23-2007, 09:30 PM   #36
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I have a suggestion to all of you who doubt Gibbs. Go root for another team, you guys don't know squat. Bring back Norv or Marty awesome coaches.
Not that I liked either of them, but Marty (for the Skins) does have a better record than Gibbs part 2 for the Skins. Also, Turner had 4 winning seasons out of 7 for the Skins. Gibbs part 2...1 winning season in 3 years. Same amount of post season wins as well...1.

Now, I'm not saying I would rather have either of them over Gibbs, I'm saying we have saunders for a reason, and we need to use him. Gibbs style of play is outdated. While it worked great in the 80's, it's 20 years later and the game has changed significantly and it appears Gibbs is not willing to change with it.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:32 PM   #37
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphisskin View Post
I do agree that the playcalling cost us this game, but lets slow down for a second.

1. The jury is still out on Jason Campbell. Having a rookie qb (with only 10 starts he still qualifies as a rookie to me) means that you will have to deal with growing pains. Like a 16-34 for 190 yds. Still no clue how Campbell overthows Moss, but I think they'll get it together coming out of the bye.

2. Our running game is the cornerstone of Gibbs football, and its tough to run when you have to replace the right side of your line two weeks into the season.

3. Somehow, the Giants know how to run the ball on us. I don't know if Pierce has given the G Men all our calls or what, but we just can't ever seem to stop the G-men from running on us. Tiki, Ward, hasn't seemed to matter.

4. Wasted draft picks have killed our depth. Going free agent heavy has made us awfully top heavy, hence no line depth. Lloyd and Duckett have contributed mightily to this Skins team, only as negatives not positives.

There was some good.

1. Randle El made some pretty good plays.
2. No more offensive linemen got hurt.
3. We wore brand "new" uniforms.
3. We didn't trade a
Very good points.
SO if you know the line is weak, why run it 2 times in a row with your back up?
Old 09-23-2007, 09:37 PM   #38
stbabyy

never say f gibbs hes a redskins god hell get the skins through this and this will be a good experience
Old 09-23-2007, 09:42 PM   #39
Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Not that I liked either of them, but Marty (for the Skins) does have a better record than Gibbs part 2 for the Skins. Also, Turner had 4 winning seasons out of 7 for the Skins. Gibbs part 2...1 winning season in 3 years. Same amount of post season wins as well...1.

Now, I'm not saying I would rather have either of them over Gibbs, I'm saying we have saunders for a reason, and we need to use him. Gibbs style of play is outdated. While it worked great in the 80's, it's 20 years later and the game has changed significantly and it appears Gibbs is not willing to change with it.
You are absolutely right about that. Joe Gibbs need to do what Dick Vermil did in St. Louis when he let Martz take over the offense, and what he did in Kansas City when Saunders was at the controls of the offense. Maybe doing the bye week Joe Gibbs will finally let Saunders be the man of the offense so that we can be explosive. This is no exuse for us not to be averaging 25 points a game. No excuse.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:45 PM   #40
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

People forget that we are missing our right side of the offensive line. If you guys noticed Cooley was helping the right side trying to contain Strahan and having a helluva a tough time. Little things like that change the play calling.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:51 PM   #41
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

seeing at the end we didnt run to the right side.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:56 PM   #42
jbcjr14
The Starter

It could be worse...we could have Norv Turner and just destroying a championship team like San Diego! Wow, he really knows how to coach em!
Old 09-23-2007, 10:01 PM   #43
memphisskin
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Very good points.
SO if you know the line is weak, why run it 2 times in a row with your back up?
Got me there. We at least ran it right, but who's idea was it to run the same play both times? How about a pass on 3rd down, if its incomplete it will stop the clock and maybe we aren't so fng rushed on the last play. When are they going to take the restraints off of Campbell?

If there is still any doubt about the difference between Portis and Betts, those last two runs were a clear indication to me. That and the block on Pierce, the speed in the open field, lemme stop there.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:08 PM   #44
Crazyhorse1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
Couldn't have put it any better.

Great post, you're absolutely right.
Totally correctly. However, I'm mostly in shock about the idiotic three last downs on the goal line. The spiking was nuts enough, and then two running plays-- worse, two running plays with Betts right into the heart of the defense. I could believe my eyes.

Hey Al-- Cooley was down there on the field. Remember?

Another point. We were absolute horrible in the second half. I hope never again to see such bad football. No energy, no guts in the play calling, bad tackling, lousy pass defense. We deserved to lose. It looked like we were asking for it. For one half, we were a team without character. I am really disappointed, not because of the loss, but because of the way we accomplished it.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:14 PM   #45
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Maybe on this day the Giants just wanted it more,it was a hell of a good game.Relax it's a long season.
Closed Thread