Global Warming? My A$$ Its Cold Outside

Parking Lot

Old 01-06-2010, 12:34 PM   #31
BringBackJoeT
Impact Rookie

Re: Global Warming? My A$$ Its Cold Outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Firstdown, you know that I am in between on several thing regarding politics and such. I takes sides on the views that I believe are truth rather than taking any one particular side.

I believe that there are some legitimate concerns with global warming. First you have to get past the bullshit name that they gave it "Global Warming". A more appropriate name would have been "Global De-Insulation". First off, the word "cold" is a relative term. There are only varying degrees of heat. The word "cold " comes into play when the degree of heat is lesser than what we find comfortable.

To truly understand Global warming you have to understand what the ozone layer truly is. In simple terms it is the layer of insulation in the atmosphere. Think of it as the insulation in your attic. Without proper insulation in your attic, your house cannot retain the cool air upstairs, therefore it gets too hot. In the winter time it cannot retain the heat, therefore your house gets too cold. The extreme differences between hot and cold during the different seasons are in relation to one another. Just because the accepted term is global "Warming" do not take it being "Cold" as a direct opposite of that at face value.

I hope that I just made sense.
Well, maybe I still have some reading to do on this issue, but at least my current understanding is that referring to climatic developments as "global de-insulation" is inaccurate, and that referring to it as global "warming" is in fact the more appropriate label.

Scientists crediting the warming of the Earth to human activity describe it as follows. The sun radiates heat toward the Earth, and it is indeed the ozone layer in the atmosphere that prevents all of the heat being radiated from the sun from hitting the planet. For the heat that does reach the Earth, however, much of it is radiated back into the atmosphere toward space. However, the greenhouses gases in the atmosphere (carbon dioxide being a primary one) trap the heat being radiated back into space. These gases have existed in the atmosphere for millions of years, and they have effectively helped the planet maintain a temperature that has allowed life to form. But the inordinate amount of carbon dioxide being shot into the atmosphere by humans is intensifying the "trapping" character of the gases, which results in a level of warming that is higher that is generally experienced in natural climatic cycles.

So, basically, it is not a de-insulation, but rather an increased insulation.

That's at least how I've understood it. Feel free to enlighten me more.
BringBackJoeT is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #32
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
First it was global cooling. Then they said is was global cooling. Now it is climate change. Why don't you dumb asses wake up and realize that the West is just selling indulgences to third world nations so they can keep on polluting, and liberal schmucks can feel good about themselves. I'll give you props on selling a good racket but don't think I'm stupid enough to believe in it.
West is just selling indulgences to third world nations? You should know what indulgence means before using it in such a context. If anything the west is buying indulgences.

TTL, if you knew much of anything you would be wise. In the future please leave analogizing to liberal schmucks.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #33
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

I think this is the thread where I'm supposed to say - cry me a river.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #34
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
West is just selling indulgences to third world nations? You should know what indulgence means before using it in such a context. If anything the west is buying indulgences.

TTL, if you knew much of anything you would be wise. In the future please leave analogizing to liberal schmucks.
hahaha. sorry TTE, but thats funny
Old 01-06-2010, 03:08 PM   #35
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:

You have to have the power to sell. The third world has none.

Indulgences

If being a liberal schmuch was a paying job, you'd be posting from your yacht in Brazil.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #36
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
So do you think there is no basis at all for global warming/cooling/ozone breaking down, whatever you want to call it?
The Earth has been covered in ice, hot as a match head, covered with water, and all before man came along. Which was once the ocean floor is now the top of a mountain. Mankind has only been fully industrialized for less than 200 years. To say we have the kind of control over the environment that many say we do is arrogant.

There is only one constant in this universe and that is change.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:32 PM   #37
MTK
\m/

Quote:
The Earth has been covered in ice, hot as a match head, covered with water, and all before man came along. Which was once the ocean floor is now the top of a mountain. Mankind has only been fully industrialized for less than 200 years. To say we have the kind of control over the environment that many say we do is arrogant.

There is only one constant in this universe and that is change.
I honestly haven't studied enough info on either side of the debate. Over those 200 years we have pumped a ton of shit into the sky, water, and land. Is it enough to disrupt the natural cycles of the planet, I would guess we've had some sort of impact. To what extent though, I'm not sure.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:49 PM   #38
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I honestly haven't studied enough info on either side of the debate. Over those 200 years we have pumped a ton of shit into the sky, water, and land. Is it enough to disrupt the natural cycles of the planet, I would guess we've had some sort of impact. To what extent though, I'm not sure.
One volcano puts up more shit into the atmosphere in one erruption than mankind has for the last 100.

Volcanic Gases and Their Effects

Scientist speculate that many of the previous ice ages were brought on by volcanism.

Science has become politicized and politicians are greedy lying worms.

Gore Attacked Over Ties to Occidental Oil for Environmental and Human Rights Violations

I'm not saying we can't screw things up a little, but it's nothing compared to the big picture.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:07 PM   #39
firstdown
Living Legend

I figure if Al Gore is correct and we do nothing I should have deep enough water front property to build a pier and keep my boat behind my house. My neighbor is on the water so I'm not that far away. I'll be in my 60's retired and can enjoy hot summer days on the water.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:30 PM   #40
saden1
MVP

Quote:
You have to have the power to sell. The third world has none.

Indulgences

If being a liberal schmuch was a paying job, you'd be posting from your yacht in Brazil.
LOL...are you even trying or are you just saying things that don't add up for the sake of saying them?

Oh and I am working on a yacht that will one day be parked on the coast of southern France.

-Jenkins
Old 01-06-2010, 09:24 PM   #41
budw38
Playmaker

Methane is an estimated 20 times more harmful than CO2 US EPA - Methane: Sources and Emissions. I think we should declare war on termites as they produce as much methane as we do CO2 . JSTOR: An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie.
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:33 PM   #42
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
One volcano puts up more shit into the atmosphere in one erruption than mankind has for the last 100.

Volcanic Gases and Their Effects

Scientist speculate that many of the previous ice ages were brought on by volcanism.

Science has become politicized and politicians are greedy lying worms.

Gore Attacked Over Ties to Occidental Oil for Environmental and Human Rights Violations

I'm not saying we can't screw things up a little, but it's nothing compared to the big picture.
I hear that the " right wing " built volcano's ,orginally to defeat Germany and Japan . GB and DC fired them up again in 2001 to bring harm to the mammals they want to make exinct in the near future , giving us reason to ... drill baby drill
Old 01-06-2010, 09:41 PM   #43
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
"Cold" hard facts. I suppose they made this up too...

More Grumbine Science: Does CO2 correlate with temperature? ...AccuWeather.com: Global Warming News, Science, Myths, Articles CO2 levels rise during warmer temps . We always have higher CO2 levels during the summer months .
Old 01-06-2010, 10:51 PM   #44
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
LOL...are you even trying or are you just saying things that don't add up for the sake of saying them?

Oh and I am working on a yacht that will one day be parked on the coast of southern France.
You know what I'm talking about Saden, so don't try to be cute. Your little routine doesn't fool anyone. Southern France, bah! I'd rather chill with my peeps.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:19 AM   #45
saden1
MVP

Quote:
You know what I'm talking about Saden, so don't try to be cute. Your little routine doesn't fool anyone. Southern France, bah! I'd rather chill with my peeps.
I have no idea what you're talking about. Enlighten me. What purpose does your indulgence analogy serve exactly? Anyone with an inkling of smarts knows that the west wants to pollute and pay third world countries not to pollute so the west is free to continue to pollute. What "indulgences" is the west trying to sell the third world?

In the words of Neytiri "you're like a baby, making noise, don't know what to do...[s]tupid, ignorant like a child."

-Jenkins