Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

***2010-2011 College Football Thread***

Other Sports

Old 09-06-2010, 09:22 PM   #31
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: ***2010-2011 College Football Thread***

Sigh. Tech needs to stop scheduling these powerhouse teams in the first weeks of the season if we're just gonna get our asses kicked every time.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-06-2010, 09:30 PM   #32
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Well at least they haven't quit. Thank goodness Beamer is a good coach and has made adjustments so we can get back into this. Now they need to just keep playing good mistake free football so we can get back into this.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:39 PM   #33
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Oh my gawd why aren't they showin an SEC game. My gawd don't you know that Gawd loves watching the 3 yards and a cloud of dust that is SEC football. The BCS should be all SEC teams. SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC. Why are you brinin up Jacksonville State? They aren't in da SEC.

This is what I heard all weekend, though I did take some liberties with the script.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:41 PM   #34
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
Maryland, we're all behind you.
Wave high the BLACK and GOLD,
For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious.
We've got the team, boys,
We've got the steam, boys,
So keep on fighting, don't give in!
M-A-R-Y-L-A-N-D
Maryland will win!

GO MARYLAND!!!!!
GO MARYLAND!!!!!
GO MARYLAND!!!!!
GO MARYLAND GO!!!!!
I was actually hoping Maryland would loose. I'm tired of this inability to win games and develop talent. So many High School players have been in the Maryland area and yet they can't keep anyone from leaving. Which would be fine if they could actually win.

Friedgen needs to go.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 09-06-2010, 10:03 PM   #35
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Sigh. Tech needs to stop scheduling these powerhouse teams in the first weeks of the season if we're just gonna get our asses kicked every time.
VT is looking pretty good riht now. A comeback is possible.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:19 PM   #36
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
VT is looking pretty good riht now. A comeback is possible.
Yeah, you know what good for VT. Takes guts not to schedule Jacksonville State or App State during the first week of the season.

- FRPLG
Old 09-06-2010, 10:25 PM   #37
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Ughhhhh. I'm cursing this team. Right as I start typing about how the comeback is complete and Tech has taken the lead, Boise State breaks free for a 70 yard touchdown. Aiight I'm out, I don't wanna curse this team any more than I have.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:16 PM   #38
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Ughhhhh. I'm cursing this team. Right as I start typing about how the comeback is complete and Tech has taken the lead, Boise State breaks free for a 70 yard touchdown. Aiight I'm out, I don't wanna curse this team any more than I have.
Stay medium my brother.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:25 PM   #39
12thMan
MVP

Here come the Broncos.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:28 PM   #40
12thMan
MVP

Omg!!!
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:37 PM   #41
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

If I was a destructive type person, I'd be destroying my room right now. Another season over, another season where barely the first week gets by and I already know VT is stuck for another year of hovering around the top 15 but they will not be in contention for a title.

It's painful for me to watch Kellen Moore drive his team down the field in about a minute to score a game winning touchdown with no timeouts, then when the Hokies have the same opportunity it's long failed bombs and incomplete passes. I'll just let the smilies express the frustration I can't put into words right now.

:frusty:: cussing:
Old 09-06-2010, 11:50 PM   #42
KLHJ2
Inactive

Eh, only one tam can win the national title. Tech is still going to have a Bowl season. For only returning 4 startes on defense they played well. Boise State is a good squad and we almost had them by the nuts.Beamer will get his national title. Either that or he will go down as the best coach to not get one.

The season is not shot anything can happen.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:58 PM   #43
Big C
Mr. Brightside

is anyone really surprised that we blew another early season game? tech had me fooled for a minute, but the second that we didnt convert that 3rd down and had to punt to give boise the ball back, boise became the heavy, and i mean extremely heavy favorite. pissed off that this continues to happen. late game self-destruction.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:05 AM   #44
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Eh, only one tam can win the national title. Tech is still going to have a Bowl season. For only returning 4 startes on defense they played well. Boise State is a good squad and we almost had them by the nuts.Beamer will get his national title. Either that or he will go down as the best coach to not get one.

The season is not shot anything can happen.
The season is definitely not shot but it's just getting really tiring lining up a top 5 opponent early in the regular season, and for some reason we always lose those games. I definitely admire the fact that VT isn't like the pretentious bowl teams that line up the easiest possible schedule to get to a good bowl game, but I'm tired of always going into October with a loss to a bowl team already on our record.

It's easier to accept it when you play a great team and once they go up, they stay up and you already know once the game is over they'll come back and eventually finish with a decent record on the season, but it's just harder to watch the up and down kinda game we just witnessed, and you get so paralyzing and tantalyzing close to actually beating a great team only to get let down in the end again.

In the end VT will probably end up with another 10 win season and maybe another bowl game win, but it sucks knowing that first loss will always mean they'll never be mentioned amongst the top teams in college football that year.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:10 AM   #45
Big C
Mr. Brightside

agreed. id love to see how we would do against the big boys mid season rather than the first game of the year. we really suck or lose early on (alabama, ECU, LSU, USC...) all since 2004.

also, i was reading on another message board but it made me think...how similar does the ending of this game feel to the BC loss with matt ryan a few years back in blacksburg? blowing a late lead like that to a top 5 team. hurts. i was at that game.