Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

It Is Dallas Week, Isn't It?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-17-2009, 06:03 PM   #31
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Re: It Is Dallas Week, Isn't It?

The Skins beat Dallas in their stadium ...the last game played between the two in that stadium and won. It would be nice to see us take the first game played between the two in their new stadium.

But looking realistically I just didn't see us taking any more games the remaining part of the season. The Denver game was a shock to me so if they can pull one out with Dallas then awsome. I just don't like the idea of us winning when we need to shit can VC/Zorn.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-17-2009, 06:12 PM   #32
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinMike View Post
Was at the game Sunday and after the win it was like nobody knew it was Dallas week. I go to all the games and this was the first time I saw that.
i was there as well and i heard a couple we want dallas chants, one was the guy sitting in the row in front of me, i didn't join in, we actually looked pretty good sunday, but i need to see some consistancy, but i do think we have a shot cause we always do with dallas

also i just hate the idea of playing dallas w/o cooley, out of all the guys on our team i thknk he gets the rivalry more than anyone else

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:20 PM   #33
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
The Skins beat Dallas in their stadium ...the last game played between the two in that stadium and won. It would be nice to see us take the first game played between the two in their new stadium.

But looking realistically I just didn't see us taking any more games the remaining part of the season. The Denver game was a shock to me so if they can pull one out with Dallas then awsome. I just don't like the idea of us winning when we need to shit can VC/Zorn.
Don't be so pessimistic! While I'm not sure about the road, I predict right now that we beat the Cowboys in Washington.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:30 PM   #34
pg86
No new threads for you

Just remember Jim zorn is undefeated in dallas

and also the Redskins know how to beat the broncos! :P
pg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:37 PM   #35
rbanerjee23
The Starter

ok maybe not completely forgive but yeah...as some of the other guys on this board have mentioned, Dallas games are insulated from the rest of the season because no matter what kind of year each team is having, the games are always competitive and fun to watch, well fun if the Skins win that is

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:22 PM   #36
DCtoAZ
Impact Rookie

these games are always close ... come on' man ... everyone knows that .. any remember the 91 Cowboys .. The skins' haven't looked as good as they did last week in over 16 games .. why not think we can still a win .. drink some kool-aid it's freaking Dallas Week .. :FIREdevil
NFC EAST CHAMPS RG3 will be back & #12 can run the show until hes ready.We are young w depth. 23,59,89 will all be back.Alfred Morris aka Diesel Hybrid ! @DCtoAZ81 ...2013 NFC CHAMPS
DCtoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:22 PM   #37
DCtoAZ
Impact Rookie

sorry I need a spell check on that last post
NFC EAST CHAMPS RG3 will be back & #12 can run the show until hes ready.We are young w depth. 23,59,89 will all be back.Alfred Morris aka Diesel Hybrid ! @DCtoAZ81 ...2013 NFC CHAMPS
DCtoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #38
Swarley
The Starter

I've been waiting for this all year. It's even more heated when you've got cowboys scum living in your home!
Swarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #39
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Ah yes, been looking forward to this game for several weeks now. Not simply because it is against the Redskins. But because I will be in a coporate suite at Cowboys Stadium to see this game. I am stoked.

I don't think this is a nationally televised game though simply because of the 1 PM start time. The National Televisied market games are the 4 PM game, SNF, MNF and TNF.

I think this one is just regional television coverage. But I believe the next game between these two teams at FedEx is in a national spot.
Even if I could be in a suite every week.. I'd skip that offer at least on Dallas week.. put me in the stands!
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:54 PM   #40
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Alright ok, its the least I could do for all the grief I have spread on you guys. And it goes without saying there is plenty of grief thrown my way too.

I just ante's up some funds towards the sites monthly goal.

Can't believe I just paid a REDSKINS site! Whats the world coming to?
I might have an old hat sitting around I can send you if you'd like to wear it
Old 11-17-2009, 07:56 PM   #41
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Your thinking of the year that Troy A. was a rookie and they won one game that year and it was against us. My parents went on a 3 hour bus trip to RFK for that game and there was one Dallas fan on the bus. They gave her a hard time going up and she got smashed at the game. They had to then listen to the one drunk Dallas fan for 3 hours. They kept giving her drinks thinking she would pass out but she only got louder and louder. If I'm correct it was also our last SB win in 1992 and we went 17-2.
That was actually 89 if I recall correctly, I was only 6 so I could be wrong.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #42
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
i was there as well and i heard a couple we want dallas chants, one was the guy sitting in the row in front of me, i didn't join in, we actually looked pretty good sunday, but i need to see some consistancy, but i do think we have a shot cause we always do with dallas

also i just hate the idea of playing dallas w/o cooley, out of all the guys on our team i thknk he gets the rivalry more than anyone else
Cooley gets it... Smoot apparently teaches all of the young D guys what it's all about... Hall should know considering he grew up a fan... Malcolm Kelly grew up a Dallas fan so he should know...

I don't know who Barnes and Heyer followed, but they went to UMD.. dockery will remember... orakpo and mike williams went to Texas so they might know

Haynesworth stomped a guy from the Cowboys.. Carter's been with us long enough to know, hopefully he gets it

we'll see
Old 11-17-2009, 08:12 PM   #43
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
I might have an old hat sitting around I can send you if you'd like to wear it
PERFECT! AWESOME
Wow mam, THANKS!

I always like to keep a Redskins hat, or tee shirt handy in the bathroom in case I run out of toilet paper!
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:19 PM   #44
TheBigDaddy
Camp Scrub

Quote:
PERFECT! AWESOME
Wow mam, THANKS!

I always like to keep a Redskins hat, or tee shirt handy in the bathroom in case I run out of toilet paper!
Game on, Bro.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:24 PM   #45
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
PERFECT! AWESOME
Wow mam, THANKS!

Hopefully that's the only manner in which the Redskins will be getting shit on this week.