Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Broncos)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-16-2009, 11:37 AM   #31
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Broncos)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Honestly I would hate to see where we would be at with CB in there.

I think yesterday showed that with a good running game and decent protection JC can manage the game and give us enough from the QB spot to win.
Unfortunately, people want a QB that will put the game on his shoulders and win it for the team. Fans tend to forget that we're a running team and we expect the running game to win for us (just like with teams like the Cards and the Colts, you never expect their running games to win the game).
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #32
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Unfortunately, people want a QB that will put the game on his shoulders and win it for the team. Fans tend to forget that we're a running team and we expect the running game to win for us (just like with teams like the Cards and the Colts, you never expect their running games to win the game).

I think the problem is the WCO. This is the Redskins. We played like the Redskins Sunday. All the cutesy stuff is not for top 5 defenses. When Zorn started 6-2 it was running Gibbs offense. Zorn was supposed to keep Gibbs offense and help us with the passing game. He screwed everything up. We are just getting our senses back.

Everybody wants a Brett Farve, Brady, or Manning. Most teams don't have that. They do have playeers in other posisitons that are extraordinary. Please stop with the roster envy.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:33 PM   #33
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Colt wouldn't see the damn field until both Collins and Campbell go bye-bye in a game if he was on the roster. Campbell has one of those durable bodies and Collins probably knows what to do better than any other QB on the team.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #34
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
I think the problem is the WCO. This is the Redskins. We played like the Redskins Sunday. All the cutesy stuff is not for top 5 defenses. When Zorn started 6-2 it was running Gibbs offense. Zorn was supposed to keep Gibbs offense and help us with the passing game. He screwed everything up. We are just getting our senses back.

Everybody wants a Brett Farve, Brady, or Manning. Most teams don't have that. They do have playeers in other posisitons that are extraordinary. Please stop with the roster envy.
Keep in mind, Vinny was the one who wanted to change offense system to WCO system.. Therefore, Zorn was just trying to do his job.. Apparently, Vinny isn't backing up this theory; which probably is the reason why Sherm, Sherm and Zorn re going back to old school style..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:38 PM   #35
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think the whole team was not getting it done. I don't see the point of having a QB change right now, especially when the coaching staff may be gone next season. And let's not forget that Brennan's was Zorn's pick. If you draft a new QB, why would you make him compete with Colt if you're a new coach here in Washington? Just like why would you keep Campbell as a starter. I think if the team gets their future QB through the draft, Brennan will be gone or the 3rd stringer, and Campbell will be either gone or will be the 2nd stringer.
If Colts on the roster next year, it would be foolish of whoever our coach is not evaluate his performance, along with that of all the QBs on the roster and determine who would be the starter, primary backup, and 3rd stringer. It wouldnt necessarily be an open competition, but it would still be a competition. In any case, i think its a strong possibility that there are no QBs on the active roster right now who will be with the team in any capacity in 2010.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:07 PM   #36
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
If Colts on the roster next year, it would be foolish of whoever our coach is not evaluate his performance, along with that of all the QBs on the roster and determine who would be the starter, primary backup, and 3rd stringer. It wouldnt necessarily be an open competition, but it would still be a competition. In any case, i think its a strong possibility that there are no QBs on the active roster right now who will be with the team in any capacity in 2010.
Well I'm sure they will be evaluated, it's just that people think that Brennan will automatically be in competition for the starting job...now that's foolish. We're going to have a new QB next year but I wouldn't want to have Brennan as a back up, if we're bringing in a rookie QB.
R.I.P. #21
Old 11-16-2009, 01:14 PM   #37
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:

I think yesterday showed that with a good running game and decent protection JC can manage the game and give us enough from the QB spot to win.
Absolutely not! Just because we won a game don't start thinking that this guy is good enough to win with. We matched up well with Denver. That's why I picked the Skins to win. We're not going to be able to run the ball like that against most teams. The fact that Denver had go with the incompetent Chris Simms at QB in the second half may have been the biggest factor in the Redskins win.

As usual, Campbell missed more big plays than he made (such as the overthrow of Moss and the failure to see a wide open Yoder). He was inaccurate for most of the game but he was bailed out by others (like Kelly's great catch on a ball thrown behind him by Campbell on a short crossing pattern on third down.)

Campbell drops back slowly, he doesn't see the field well, he's indecisive, he has a slow release, he's inaccurate, he has no touch, he throws a flat deep ball, and he's not a leader.

Campbell has to go. He should not be signed again after this season. We have enough bad contracts.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:26 PM   #38
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Absolutely not! Just because we won a game don't start thinking that this guy is good enough to win with. We matched up well with Denver. That's why I picked the Skins to win. We're not going to be able to run the ball like that against most teams. The fact that Denver had go with the incompetent Chris Simms at QB in the second half may have been the biggest factor in the Redskins win.

As usual, Campbell missed more big plays than he made (such as the overthrow of Moss and the failure to see a wide open Yoder). He was inaccurate for most of the game but he was bailed out by others (like Kelly's great catch on a ball thrown behind him by Campbell on a short crossing pattern on third down.)

Campbell drops back slowly, he doesn't see the field well, he's indecisive, he has a slow release, he's inaccurate, he has no touch, he throws a flat deep ball, and he's not a leader.

Campbell has to go. He should not be signed again after this season. We have enough bad contracts.
See I'm sorry but you sound unintelligent here...what part of this post:

Quote:

Tells you that Campbell should be signed after this season? Did he say that? No. No one is, so get over it.
R.I.P. #21

Last edited by Ruhskins; 11-16-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:35 PM   #39
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

[quote=Ruhskins;626244]See I'm sorry but you sound unintelligent here...what part of this post:

Quote:

I think yesterday showed that with a good running game and decent protection JC can manage the game and give us enough from the QB spot to win.[/QUOTE

Tells you that Campbell should be signed after this season? Did he say that? No. No one is, so get over it.
That's a coincidence because you sound unintelligent to me, as well. And rude, too!

If Campbell is good enough to win with, why wouldn't he be signed again?
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:31 PM   #40
ashvirtually
Special Teams

Quote:

Yeah, even though he was inconsistent, this is true.

I really think he can be a above average QB in this league, but the ish he's gone through with this franchise means it won't be here; the 'Skins and him need to part ways. Too bad. I'm confident he's gonna shine in another club that'll take the time to help him get over the heebie-jeebies with which this organization has saddled him.
ashvirtually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #41
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Also wanted to add that I loved Portis' enthusiasm on the sidelines, great job cheering on his teammates
What I saw was CP just standing around off to the side in the first half and then in the second he started cheering and getting involved. Not sure how to look at that.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:48 PM   #42
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:

Yesterday showed me a QB that our coaches did not trust so they put it on the our RB to win the game.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:09 PM   #43
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
What I saw was CP just standing around off to the side in the first half and then in the second he started cheering and getting involved. Not sure how to look at that.
I don't know, everytime the camera panned to him, he was going bonkers. I thought he was extremely supportive given his/team's situation
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:14 PM   #44
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
That's a coincidence because you sound unintelligent to me, as well. And rude, too!

If Campbell is good enough to win with, why wouldn't he be signed again?
Because the ownership clearly doesn't see him as the QB of the future.

Because right now at best we'll be an 8-8 team, and with the start that we've had Snyder will likely fire Zorn regardless.

Because not only would we need to run the table to get the last wildcard spot, but we would need a whole bunch of people to lose.

So once again, what part of Matty's statement specifically told you that Jason Campbell should be signed next year?
R.I.P. #21
Old 11-16-2009, 04:14 PM   #45
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I don't know, everytime the camera panned to him, he was going bonkers. I thought he was extremely supportive given his/team's situation
If he wants to be supportive of his team, he'll take the #2 RB spot when he returns.
R.I.P. #21