Snyder Consulting With Haynesworth

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-08-2009, 08:14 AM   #31
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Re: Snyder Consulting With Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I don't mind Snyder talking with players, but if he wants to ask anyone on our team an opinion on the team's direction, I'm much rather have him doing 30 minute sitdowns with guys like London Fletcher and Chris Samuels. Not a guy who's been a Redskin for all of 7 games.

Albert Haynesworth is a beast who knows what to do on the field, but he's no consigliere or liasion. I wouldn't look to Al as a guy who can be the barometer of this team.
Agreed. Perhaps Snyder's motivation to approach AH was that he played for a winner as recently as last season, and Snyder wanted to know what's missing from this team playing at that level. I just hope that Haynesworth gave an honest assessment of the OL deficiencies.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-08-2009, 08:54 AM   #32
70Chip
Playmaker

He does this all the time. He buddies up to the players which completely undermines the abilty of the coach to impose any kind of discipline.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:06 AM   #33
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
He does this all the time. He buddies up to the players which completely undermines the abilty of the coach to impose any kind of discipline.
Yeah...for being such a business man he certainly shows that he cares little about the heirarchy of authority.

It may sound frivoluous but it does have a place in well run organizations. I'm not saying that Snyder can't speak with players at all but the topics they're speaking about should be off limits under these circumstances.

Also any NFL player has biased interests. Isn't this league known for being run like 'a business' and everyone looking out for themselves? Haynesworth's business is himself and who's to say that he isn't giving advice that caters to his career.

Simple point being...Snyder needs to be speaking with someone who has experience and solely the Redskins interest at heart.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:08 AM   #34
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Well Haynesworth was in a successful winning playoff team last year. LOL.

Seriously, this really doesn't matter. If he speaks to players, oh well.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:17 AM   #35
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINS73 View Post
Typically the owner would be asking these questions to the GM or coach. This is another example of how the lines of communication are screwed up in the organization right now.
Exactly, DS is a truely a loser if expects to get answers from players. My only question for DS, is why not hire a real GM?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #36
cdskins26
Special Teams

Nothing wrong with him consulting with haynesworth. He hasnt been the same player this year, similar to jason taylor last year, archuleta 3 years ago, etc. Our defensive free agents recently have not lived up to expectation, the only ones i can think of who have are london fletcher and maybe deangelo hall.
cdskins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:40 AM   #37
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Maybe DS was meeting with AH to learn about the Titans coach who is supposed to be let go after the season. Maybe DS was wondering if he could work with him again? No one knows what the meeting was about.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:46 AM   #38
warpaint
The Starter

What does Snyder get out of this. In the article AH says Snyder is just a fan that wants to win. He should act more like an owner than a fan. He just doesnt seem to realize how much damage he is doing by not hiring the right personel. But on asking AH about what he needs to do to win, I dont see anything wrong with that if he is asking the right questions. Maybe if he opens his eyes and stops budding up to the players so much we might get some type chain of command.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:51 AM   #39
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Well Haynesworth was in a successful winning playoff team last year. LOL.

Seriously, this really doesn't matter. If he speaks to players, oh well.
Well, if people want to gain insight into what to change in this organization, this is a great example.

Snyder is clearly showing he has no clue with what to do and he is seeking advice from the likes of players who all have ZERO coaching or general managing experience. Remember players usually start off their coaches careers after their playing careers. They don't make an impact in coaching ranks until they've gained some applicable experience a la Mike Singletary.

If you're quickly dismissing this as just a conversation then you're failing to see the overall answer to the question "What is wrong with the Redskins"...simple answer: Dan Snyder doing more than he needs to as owner.

Just hire an NFL esteemed GM and give him FULL AUTHORITY AND ACCOUNTABILTY and this fiasco is over.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:00 PM   #40
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Maybe DS was meeting with AH to learn about the Titans coach who is supposed to be let go after the season. Maybe DS was wondering if he could work with him again? No one knows what the meeting was about.
Per the article:
"They're usually 15-, 20-, even 30-minute conversations sometimes, depends on what the day is looking like. You know, he's just a big fan. He's a guy who will do anything to get the right players and to win. That's what he wants to do, he wants to win.

"Most of all our conversations start out, like 'How can we win? Can we win this week? What do you think?' and things like that."

Just as you are saying we can't guess at what they are talking about, we know factually what they are talking about. He clearly says that they are speaking about potential solutions to fixing the Redskins problems. That topic is stated in this article. Any other topic of conversation is not listed so can not be factually discussed.

This was a factual conversation that took place between Snyder and Haynesworth, per Haynesworth's account.

That can be discussed as fact. Any other side conversations that people are bringing up as potentially being discussed is not factual and is subject to speculation.

This article though clearly states that they've previously and continually discuss the problems of the Redskins and potential solutions.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:01 PM   #41
warpaint
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdskins26 View Post
Nothing wrong with him consulting with haynesworth. He hasnt been the same player this year, similar to jason taylor last year, archuleta 3 years ago, etc. Our defensive free agents recently have not lived up to expectation, the only ones i can think of who have are london fletcher and maybe deangelo hall.
AH has been doing very good in my eyes, he is very disruptive and the Titans are truly missing him this year. If you just look and see how other players are getting to the QB it proves he is getting the job done. We have as much sack now than we had all of last year.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:44 PM   #42
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Well, if people want to gain insight into what to change in this organization, this is a great example.

Snyder is clearly showing he has no clue with what to do and he is seeking advice from the likes of players who all have ZERO coaching or general managing experience. Remember players usually start off their coaches careers after their playing careers. They don't make an impact in coaching ranks until they've gained some applicable experience a la Mike Singletary.

If you're quickly dismissing this as just a conversation then you're failing to see the overall answer to the question "What is wrong with the Redskins"...simple answer: Dan Snyder doing more than he needs to as owner.

Just hire an NFL esteemed GM and give him FULL AUTHORITY AND ACCOUNTABILTY and this fiasco is over.
I think you'd have to be either very naive or have lived under a rock to not know what is wrong with this team. I'm dismissing this because this doesn't tell me anything new about what is wrong with the team nor do I think this is an overly positive thing.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #43
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
I'm refraining opinion until I'm sober.
I'm refraining comment until we can post a reliable source, not the National Enquirer for sports.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:38 PM   #44
Bill B
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post

Could not have said it better myself - there is no additional need to ask why the team is not going in the right direction - trying to think otherwise is simply overanalyzing things.

Dan - you care about the fans so much? All we ask is just try it the other way for once - please hire a proven GM and get out of the way and just sign the paychecks - we will live with the rebuilding and all the setbacks going this route of building through the draft, I promise you that many fans like myself will stick behind the team, attend games, buy merchandise if you just take this step. And when we win another Super Bowl Trophy I can say if it makes you feel any better if you go this route we will shower you with priase for taking the steps necessary to build a new foundation - not too mention the media that bashed you left and right will stop.
Bill B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:35 PM   #45
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

This article and the original post seem to imply that the only person Snyder talks to in the Skins organization about the Redskins is Haynesworth...which of course isn't true.