Madden 2012

Parking Lot

Old 08-12-2011, 01:05 PM   #31
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Re: Madden 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I've seen guys retire at all different ages in the game. Reality is once players get into their 30s in real life they're on borrowed time.
I "retired" last year. First straw was the HORID online play. Kids going for it on fourth down all the time, rolling out every play, etc. Now they have normal kickoff onsides? Give me a break.

Final straw came when as a joke and boredom I created a Super Linebacker with 99 everything to see how many stats I could rack up in be a pro mode (ironic I know after complaining about realism but this is offline so it hurts no one). Anyway long story short I kept on trying to rack up sacks when I realized that I wasn't getting to the QB. Turned out on virtually every difficulty level the computer has a sixth sense that encourages him to get rid of the ball the second someone gets remotely near him (even from the blind side). Except of course during the 2 minute drill when they become a statue. Other people confirmed this same problem when I did a search online.

Brought me back to the PS2 days where completing a deep post on any level above rookie was illegal.

It was then that I realized I couldn't stand Madden anymore and was basically throwing away $60 for a 3 week rental since Favre was on the cover in a Packers jersey.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #32
MTK
\m/

Madden 11 stunk, but based on the demo and reviews from people who played it at E3, I think M12 has a chance to be pretty good.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #33
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Madden 11 stunk, but based on the demo and reviews from people who played it at E3, I think M12 has a chance to be pretty good.
I will not be suckered in with the demo for the 3rd year in a row Demo got me in trouble the last two years.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 08-12-2011, 05:17 PM   #34
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

Hall an 86? EA has to watch more tape.

And Santana an 85? 90+ Receptions over 1000 but an 85.

Oh well.
At least we have two 90 safetys. And im sure in a franchise mode Fletch is ready to retire any year but on the other hand Orakpos 88 is an easy 90 in one year of offseason progression.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:23 PM   #35
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins4L View Post
Hall an 86? EA has to watch more tape.

And Santana an 85? 90+ Receptions over 1000 but an 85.

Oh well.
At least we have two 90 safetys. And im sure in a franchise mode Fletch is ready to retire any year but on the other hand Orakpos 88 is an easy 90 in one year of offseason progression.
Eh, EA Sports rating crew fits my new word of the month, a bunch of blowhards. Only praise I have for them is them relying a little less on the "friends of EA sports" system, where guys that were buddy buddy with the producers and developers always seemed to get higher ratings. Still exist but seems much less prevalent these days.

- FRPLG
Old 08-12-2011, 07:13 PM   #36
MTK
\m/

The ratings will never be perfect. But with the weekly updates they can at least be more fluid.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:44 PM   #37
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Hopefully it's gonna be better than NCAA 12. I've found this game to be riddled with glitches. To the point of where dynasty mode is almost unplayable. For right now you can't even edit named rosters, because as soon as you touch anything about them, their tendency changes. Have a scrambling quarterback? Better not change his gear, because as soon as you do, he's going to be balanced. Have a balanced RB? Well he's gonna be power as soon as you're doing changing his face.

I mean, I like screwing with the edit appearances option, because nobody wants to have 11 clones on the field.. Okay well at least I don't. So when I'm bored, I'll tinker with their faces. Problem number 1... is that tendency issue. Problem number 2 is sometimes there are more faces than others, it just seems to be whenever the computer feels like giving me more options. Light skin tone actually has 20 options but 9 times out of 10 you're only gonna get 7. Dark skin tone has 55 opitons.. but normally you're just gonna get 10.

Drives me up the damn wall.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:56 PM   #38
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
The ratings will never be perfect. But with the weekly updates they can at least be more fluid.
Try playing NHL 11. Rating updates come in whenever EA feels like it. And if a key guy is out for a few games when they do the new ratings then tough crap. There were parts of the season where I had to play online with Tyler Sloan for weeks at a time even though he only played in two games or something leading to the roster update. They also didn't even take the time to update Neuvirth in terms of ratings from an AHL goalie to an NHL goalie.

Chances are they're probably setting up some pay for update system like FIFA. I know I'm done with Madden, chances are I might be done with NHL as well. FIFA on the other hand can still be fun.

- FRPLG
Old 08-15-2011, 04:03 PM   #39
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Hopefully it's gonna be better than NCAA 12. I've found this game to be riddled with glitches. To the point of where dynasty mode is almost unplayable. For right now you can't even edit named rosters, because as soon as you touch anything about them, their tendency changes. Have a scrambling quarterback? Better not change his gear, because as soon as you do, he's going to be balanced. Have a balanced RB? Well he's gonna be power as soon as you're doing changing his face.

I mean, I like screwing with the edit appearances option, because nobody wants to have 11 clones on the field.. Okay well at least I don't. So when I'm bored, I'll tinker with their faces. Problem number 1... is that tendency issue. Problem number 2 is sometimes there are more faces than others, it just seems to be whenever the computer feels like giving me more options. Light skin tone actually has 20 options but 9 times out of 10 you're only gonna get 7. Dark skin tone has 55 opitons.. but normally you're just gonna get 10.

Drives me up the damn wall.
I heard a patch is in the works for that.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:42 PM   #40
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I just hope it's as fun as NCAA 12 is. If you're jonesing for a good football game to tide you over until Madden drops, pick it up.
Hmmm might get this today, can't even find my madden 2011
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:32 PM   #41
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

I have the NCAA 12 demo on the PS3. Just haven't found the time to play it yet. I usually skip every other year in Madden. This is my year to buy the new game. I might download that demo too and make sure it's what I'm willing to throw $60+ down for.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:41 PM   #42
over the mountain
Playmaker

havent played a min of video games since i stopped doing what gandolf and that hobbit guy were doing in the first lord of the rings movie in the begginging where the hobbit blew a smoke ring then gandolf the wizard blew a smoke ship throught the smoke ring . . . i used to play about an hour a day on work nights then a good 3 hours every sat and sunday morning. miss those days, this will probably be the first time since madden came out that i wont buy the new version . . really sucks.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:09 AM   #43
That Guy
Living Legend

its too bad they ditched the pc... i still have 2008, it's been modded quite a bit and the roster updates are accurate, on time, and fair, more or less.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:42 AM   #44
MTK
\m/

Anyone else get the early release of Madden 12?

It's definitely a good game, and not just a roster update. Franchise mode has been totally revamped.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:52 AM   #45
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Anyone else get the early release of Madden 12?

It's definitely a good game, and not just a roster update. Franchise mode has been totally revamped.
I got it and tried to update my roster, but it wouldn't update, saying that I don't have the proper membership. I thought I had Xbox live when I put in that EA sports pass that came with it?