Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Day 2, rds 2 & 3.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-23-2010, 12:20 PM   #31
SkinsfanNTX
Camp Scrub

Re: Day 2, rds 2 & 3.

How about trading Haynesworth, McIntosh, and Campbell for 2011 picks. A team will give up a second rounder in '11 for Haynesworth, they could probably get a fourth for McIntosh and Campbell could be had for a fifth. If we can get some picks for next year's draft it would give us more ammo to make trades to build our team in Shanahan's image for the future.

Advertisements
Old 04-23-2010, 12:23 PM   #32
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Miss my post? The two teams interested in Hayesworth are no longer interested.

He's staying...as he should. Haynesworth is an anchor for the defense. Opponents have to double-team him. If they don't, they're in trouble. However, when they do, they can't also double-team Orakpo. One of the other gets through most plays.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #33
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
If they decide to trade AH I would seek a trade with the Rams for the 33rd pick (1st 2nd round pick) and either their 3rd or 4th rounder.
Jason Reid blogging for Redskins Insider & the WashPost finally after about 20 blogs to the contrary over a six week span, admitted this morning that Albert Haynesworth is no longer on the trading block. It was clear that if the decision to trade him was made, it would be for no less than a 1st round pick.

In essence, they had no real desire to trade him because they knew it would be highly unlikely any team was going to give up a first for him.

I kidd Jason that I'm still interested in that property he knows for sale in Arizona for anyone who though the Redskins had no intention of trading him.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:29 PM   #34
tootergray34
Impact Rookie

I'm sure skins FO is frantically on the phone trying to move up. At least this is what JLC believes to be true.
tootergray34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:33 PM   #35
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootergray34 View Post
I'm sure skins FO is frantically on the phone trying to move up. At least this is what JLC believes to be true.
I trust him, he was on top of things last night.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:34 PM   #36
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Jason Reid blogging for Redskins Insider & the WashPost finally after about 20 blogs to the contrary over a six week span, admitted this morning that Albert Haynesworth is no longer on the trading block. It was clear that if the decision to trade him was made, it would be for no less than a 1st round pick.

In essence, they had no real desire to trade him because they knew it would be highly unlikely any team was going to give up a first for him.

I kidd Jason that I'm still interested in that property he knows for sale in Arizona for anyone who though the Redskins had no intention of trading him.
Good. I wouldn't trade him just to trade him and give him away. The FO will have patch things up with him.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:35 PM   #37
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Move up to where to do what?.......Exactly!
Old 04-23-2010, 12:45 PM   #38
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Good. I wouldn't trade him just to trade him and give him away. The FO will have patch things up with him.
I think they will. It would be the right thing to do after all we've invested in him. I'm reasonably sure the decision on Haynesworth was ultimately made by the man who had just paid him 21 mil.$ on the 1st of April.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:48 PM   #39
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

I agree with that, unless we traded him for a pick in 2011, which just wouldnt make sense. Our best option is to keep him, hope he gets in line and plays well in the scheme. if he doesnt, we can try to trade him next year.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:59 PM   #40
KLHJ2
Inactive

I've been thinking that the only 2 teams that need a veteran QB or a QB of the future are Oakland and Buffalo. They sit at 41 and 39 respectively and still have their entire draft to work with if they want to jump to snatch one. Both Claussen and McCoy are still available. This leads me to believe both teams are going to get their QB and it is not necessary to trade with us to get JC.

Sorry, but I do not think that there is going to be a trade partner willing to give us what we want for JC even if someone was interested. Looks like he will be cut or backing up McNabb this year. More than likely it will be the latter.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:01 PM   #41
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

I thought that with the QB's falling that it would be harder to move JC but it still seems like it's a sellers market for QB's, at least in terms of getting SOMETHING.

Who wants Jimmy?

They can't all end up with Clausen and McCoy.

Also can we take a moment to appreciate the 49ers line? If you wanted to know how the JC experiment would have gone by just loading up on O-Lineman then watch San Fran this year with Alex Smith. Still it's easily going to be the best line in the league in a year or two. Also keep in mind that I said a few years ago that the Jets would have the best line in the league after they drafted Nick Mangold and Fergusion.

Anyway here's the 49ers line as it stands right now.

LT - Joe Staley - One of the better LT's in the league.
LG - Mike Iupati - I hate his holding habits but he's still got the skillset to succeed in this league at a high level
C- Eric Heitmann - Savy vet thats not spectacular but solid.
RG - Chilo Rachel - Former 2nd round pick. Has been somewhat of a disapointment so far but still has the talent to succeed. Maybe now he'll play better being part of a better offensive front.
RT - Anthony Davis - He had great potential as a LT, but as a RT...wow.

Oh yeah, they also have Barry Sims, Adam Snyder, David Bass, and the guy they liked from Ohio State (Alex Boone) as backups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I agree with that, unless we traded him for a pick in 2011, which just wouldnt make sense. Our best option is to keep him, hope he gets in line and plays well in the scheme. if he doesnt, we can try to trade him next year.
Trading away 2011 picks MIGHT not be the worst idea. I'm hearing that next years class will be weak because a lot of the best players came out for this draft thanks to pending labor negotiations. And at the same time I'm hearing that this is the best draft to come along in a while.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:09 PM   #42
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Yes!! And with the prospect of a lockout to begin the 2011 season, we'll have plenty of time to try and figure out what to do with him.

Actuall I think it's going to be a moot point because I believe Haynesworth will come to camp in much better shape than last year and make a major impact on the defense.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:13 PM   #43
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
I thought that with the QB's falling that it would be harder to move JC but it still seems like it's a sellers market for QB's, at least in terms of getting SOMETHING.

Who wants Jimmy?

They can't all end up with Clausen and McCoy.

Also can we take a moment to appreciate the 49ers line? If you wanted to know how the JC experiment would have gone by just loading up on O-LIneman then watch San Fran this year with Alex Smith. Still it's easily going to be the best line in the league in a year or two. Also keep in mind that I said a few years ago that the Jets would have the best line in the league after they drafted Nick Mangold and Fergusion.

Anyway here's the 49ers line as it stands right now.

LT - Joe Staley - One of the better LT's in the league.
LG - Mike Iupati - I hate his holding habits but he's still got the skillset to succeed in this league at a high level
C- Eric Heitmann - Savy vet thats not spectacular but solid.
RG - Chilo Rachel - Former 2nd round pick. Has been somewhat of a disapointment so far but still has the talent to succeed. Maybe now he'll play better being part of a better offensive front.
RT - Anthony Davis - He had great potential as a LT, but as a RT...wow.
Sure, most of these teams might want a QB but as I see it only 2 of them really need a QB.

Minnesota has TJ who has started for them before and possibly would have won the starting job had Favre not returned.

KC just spent all of that money on Matt Cassell and have yet to invest in his protection.

The Browns much like us have bought themselves some time by signing Jake Delhome

The Carolina Panthers believe that they have something in Matt Moore, otherwise why release Delhome. Don't feed m the Uncapped year BS there is more to it than that.

San Fran still has some faith in Alex Smith and they are going to give him another year to show up. Besides they have already passed on a QB yesterday.

So like I said, only Oakland and Buffalo truly need a QB. Truly only Oakland really needs one but Buffalo is the close second to the "need" category.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:13 PM   #44
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
If these guys just stay with their 1 yr. tenders and are UFAs next year, how does that help us? They go into the open market and we get nothing for them. Or they become more valuable and we have to pay more to keep them.
If the next CBA still has compensatory picks, then we'd get picks for them.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:13 PM   #45
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
link?
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote