My Drawings

Parking Lot

Old 09-21-2007, 05:44 PM   #31
Riggo44
The Starter

Re: My Drawings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
LOL...yeah...impatience is not good for an artist.

I have been trying to convince my wife to give me one of the bed rooms to turn into a mini city. I want to build buildings, and mountains, and take my hot wheels cars and use them as the scale models. She won't let me, but I am considering taking over part of the garage for it.

Sound’s like fun. You could make one of the town where you live like in Beetlejucie.
My Dad has a huge collection of Lionel trains and accessories. As a kid we would always run them on the floor of the living room. Growing up we were always going to build a layout like the ones we would see down in San Diego at this train museum in Griffith park. But my Mom would never let it happen. She actually wanted to park her car in the garage.(Can you believe the nerve.) So anyway last year I talked my girlfriend into letting us put a layout out in our garage. It's still a work in progress but it is coming along. We finally got the down town to light up witch makes it fun to run in the dark. Some nights I'll just kick back in the garage with a few cold ones and play with the trains. It's actually kind of fun and quite relaxing.

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2007, 05:51 PM   #32
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggo44 View Post
Sound’s like fun. You could make one of the town where you live like in Beetlejucie.
My Dad has a huge collection of Lionel trains and accessories. As a kid we would always run them on the floor of the living room. Growing up we were always going to build a layout like the ones we would see down in San Diego at this train museum in Griffith park. But my Mom would never let it happen. She actually wanted to park her car in the garage.(Can you believe the nerve.) So anyway last year I talked my girlfriend into letting us put a layout out in our garage. It's still a work in progress but it is coming along. We finally got the down town to light up witch makes it fun to run in the dark. Some nights I'll just kick back in the garage with a few cold ones and play with the trains. It's actually kind of fun and quite relaxing.
See, that's exactly what I want to do. I want to run a couple trains through it too.
I actually thought about building a shed in the back yard for that sole purpose. But I don't have enough room to make it worth while.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:08 PM   #33
Riggo44
The Starter

Some day I hope you’re able to. It's a fun hobby with an endless amount of landscapes to make with it. As you know you just need a space.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:27 AM   #34
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Some day I hope you’re able to. It's a fun hobby with an endless amount of landscapes to make with it. As you know you just need a space.
I actually drew a small scale city that I wanted to build and was planning to put a running river through it.

What material would you use for the basic landscape? Molded styrofome?
Old 09-25-2007, 07:19 PM   #35
Riggo44
The Starter

Quote:
I actually drew a small scale city that I wanted to build and was planning to put a running river through it.

What material would you use for the basic landscape? Molded styrofome?
If you’re going to be using water that's a good question I've never seen anyone try that. Chicken wire and paper mashie work well in dry areas. There are some good books on the subject you might want to read.Amazon.com: Build a Better Toy Train Layout: Books: John Grams,Dick Christianson
Old 09-25-2007, 07:41 PM   #36
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
If you’re going to be using water that's a good question I've never seen anyone try that. Chicken wire and paper mashie work well in dry areas. There are some good books on the subject you might want to read.Amazon.com: Build a Better Toy Train Layout: Books: John Grams,Dick Christianson
I think I'm going to buy that! Great link! Thanks.

I got my wife to agree to letting me have the garage to do this!!! hehe.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:33 PM   #37
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Geez, Js, what a talent!!

I have have only met one person who could even come close to drawing that good (and you're still way better)

Props!

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:39 PM   #38
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

It would be nice to see a mean Ronnie Van Zant! Just a thought from the SOUTH....not bad.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:27 PM   #39
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Geez, Js, what a talent!!

I have have only met one person who could even come close to drawing that good (and you're still way better)

Props!
Thank you.
With the exception of Thomas Kinkade, all the artwork in my house is mine. (I forgot I have a couple Kinkade's in the bedroom...it's the "theme". I even have the border was thomas kinkade...and a throw.)
Old 09-26-2007, 12:08 AM   #40
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Very nice work jsarno. I couldn't draw that stuff if I went to school until I was 90.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:21 AM   #41
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
Very nice work jsarno. I couldn't draw that stuff if I went to school until I was 90.
While I do think anyone can do it with a lot of practice, I have to admit, I do think you need to be born with the talent to make it really work.
I have no clue where I got it too. I am the only lefty in my family and I am the only one that is artistic. I am also the only one that actually made significant achievements in sports.
Makes me think I was adopted. But I also have a perfectionist streak, and I have to be #1. I also bring that to my work, and while at times it can isolate me (cause people like to be lazy) it earns me raises and praise.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:28 AM   #42
Summo
The Bringer of Digital Bling

Quote:
While I do think anyone can do it with a lot of practice, I have to admit, I do think you need to be born with the talent to make it really work.
I have no clue where I got it too. I am the only lefty in my family and I am the only one that is artistic. I am also the only one that actually made significant achievements in sports.
Makes me think I was adopted. But I also have a perfectionist streak, and I have to be #1. I also bring that to my work, and while at times it can isolate me (cause people like to be lazy) it earns me raises and praise.
ALL HAIL JSARNO!!
Summo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:17 PM   #43
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summo View Post
ALL HAIL JSARNO!!
It's about time you're jumping on that bandwagon Summo. LOL

And congrats on hitting 300 posts, it only took about 3 and a half years!
Old 09-26-2007, 01:37 PM   #44
Dlyne8r
Impact Rookie

Very nice work jsarno! I am an architect by trade (hence the name "Dlyne8r") and I always appreciate looking at other's artwork. In an age where most of our drawings are computer generated, and photos enhanced by PhotoShop, it's nice to see that there are still people that can pick up a pencil / brush, whatever, and be so incredibly creative. Hand drafting is what spurred my interest in architecture more years ago than I can remember, but I was forced into CADD development and rarely do anything as creative as what you've illustrated. Keep it up!
Old 09-26-2007, 01:52 PM   #45
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlyne8r View Post
Very nice work jsarno! I am an architect by trade (hence the name "Dlyne8r") and I always appreciate looking at other's artwork. In an age where most of our drawings are computer generated, and photos enhanced by PhotoShop, it's nice to see that there are still people that can pick up a pencil / brush, whatever, and be so incredibly creative. Hand drafting is what spurred my interest in architecture more years ago than I can remember, but I was forced into CADD development and rarely do anything as creative as what you've illustrated. Keep it up!

Thanks man.
I do think that kind of artwork is dieing talent for the reasons you already mentioned. Fewer and fewer people are embracing that talent, and to make matters worse, a lot of schools are dopping their art classes for kids. I think all kids need art and music classes.