Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Guilty pleasures-Music

Parking Lot

Old 02-26-2010, 04:06 PM   #31
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Re: Guilty pleasures-Music

I'm also a huge O.A.R. fan, but they've got music so much better than the stuff you hear on the radio like hey girl, love and memories, shattered, etc

amazing live as well
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #32
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

They call me Stacy! That's not my name!! (never knew the name of the group, catchy song though)

Anyone else remember ABC? "Ayesha" "The Playground"

Anyway, I gotta run. Gotta go get my Justin Bieber tickets
Old 02-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #33
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Party and Bullshit in the USA. A biggie smalls miley cyrus mashup.

That and that stupid evacuate the dance floor song I can't get out of my head.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:25 PM   #34
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

now i'm feelin so fly like a g6!!!!

j/k not really a fan
Old 02-26-2010, 05:27 PM   #35
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

some bubble gum rap is guilty pleasure like for me

also some grimy NYC street stuff.. maino, papoose, so raw and gritty.. love it

Old 02-26-2010, 09:12 PM   #36
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
One time my roommate caught me listening to Sweet Escape by Gwen Stefani. I would almost rather him catch me masturbating than listening to that song...
Love that song
Old 02-27-2010, 12:41 AM   #37
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Have to admit I dig Fiona Apple
honestly who doesn't????

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:43 AM   #38
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
I'm also a huge O.A.R. fan, but they've got music so much better than the stuff you hear on the radio like hey girl, love and memories, shattered, etc

amazing live as well
their old stuff is amazing, like crazy game of poker or whatever it's called you wouldn't even think it's the same band that is on the radio these days, they sold out big time, but they got paid too so...

edit:it's kinda jam bandish but good, music starts at about 1:50, long song but worth the listen if you've never heard it, this is acustic version, we used to get s-faced to this back in the day

ST21
Old 02-27-2010, 12:44 AM   #39
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
They call me Stacy! That's not my name!! (never knew the name of the group, catchy song though)

Anyone else remember ABC? "Ayesha" "The Playground"

Anyway, I gotta run. Gotta go get my Justin Bieber tickets
it's the ting tings and i'm calling bs on that one

ST21
Old 02-27-2010, 01:11 AM   #40
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
their old stuff is amazing, like crazy game of poker or whatever it's called you wouldn't even think it's the same band that is on the radio these days, they sold out big time, but they got paid too so...

edit:it's kinda jam bandish but good, music starts at about 1:50, long song but worth the listen if you've never heard it, this is acustic version, we used to get s-faced to this back in the day
yeah, I dig them more than the other jam bands, dmb, etc.. part of that is the lyrics though, marc is a great lyricist imo.. dave I'm not so big on.. but they'll still be known more for the jam stuff no doubt, not to the extent of say.. umphrey's mcgee, but to an extent

bonus link to an awesome performance of glory by umphrey's mcgee (non-lyrical)

poker is an awesome fucking song.. I've got versions from 8 minutes and change to about 27 minutes long, I think somewhere over 100 versions of it on my music drive.. nowadays they don't kick out too many long ones which is unfortunate.. the one at the patriot center in 2005 with little brother was great, freestyling back and forth between them and Marc.. always wanted to see them at red rocks

they admit what they did recently as trying to get some radio play but apparently the new album will be trying to bring the radio back to their style.. rather than adjusting the other way, we'll see.. there were some good tracks on their last album (not the live one from their last tour)

I actually caught them twice on the last tour.. charlotte, nc and auburn hills, mi.. still an amazing band live.. took people who made fun of me for listening to them both times and they had great times.. nowadays you get some of the younger douchier crew but there are still plenty of people our ages that grew up with it too.. brett dennen was with them in MI and is another guy that I enjoy quite a bit, so it was great getting to see him perform.. they actually listed that and their MSG show as their best shows of the tour, so it was great getting to see them at their top, they've improved in so many ways, kind of wish I didn't get as drunk as I did, but no big deal.. for the first time ever I bought one of their live show recordings

it's amazing the dedication that they put to their live stuff and constantly changing set lists, versions of songs, etc that most bands don't bother to do.. delicate few at the first MSG show was amazing.. too bad the fans fuck it up nowadays
Old 02-27-2010, 01:20 AM   #41
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
yeah, I dig them more than the other jam bands, dmb, etc

poker is an awesome fucking song.. I've got versions from 8 minutes and change to about 27 minutes long, I think somewhere over 100 versions of it on my music drive.. nowadays they don't kick out too many long ones which is unfortunate

they admit what they did recently as trying to get some radio play but apparently the new album will be trying to bring the radio back to their style.. rather than adjusting the other way, we'll see.. there were some good tracks on their last album (not the live one from their last tour)

I actually caught them twice on the last tour.. charlotte, nc and auburn hills, mi.. still an amazing band live.. took people who made fun of me for listening to them both times and they had great times.. nowadays you get some of the younger douchier crew but there are still plenty of people our ages that grew up with it too

it's amazing the dedication that they put to their live stuff and constantly changing set lists, versions of songs, etc that most bands don't bother to do.. delicate few at the first MSG show was amazing.. too bad the fans fuck it up nowadays
yeah i completely agree they play a damn good live show and i really don't like jam bands, but everytime they play the dc area it's pretty good cause they are homegrown. and i hate sounding like an old f but kids these day don't know about music and where it came from, i mean i don't know much but atleast i remember real hip hop and real pop music, not the beat factory shit they toss out these days. it's a real shame that this generation won't know the real micheal jackson, or the real tribe, the crap they try to pass off as music these days is criminal

ST21
Old 02-27-2010, 01:23 AM   #42
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

I agree.. with some of this new go go revolution we're seeing some of the hip hop roots that we used to, but it's always such a shady crowd

hip hop was coming into its own in the early to early-late 90s and man the bling era killed it.. pop.. man.. what is that stuff nowadays?

I don't follow underground music as much as I used to and it's not uncommon at all for me to go an entire day or week without tuning into anything
Old 02-27-2010, 01:25 AM   #43
mlmdub130
Playmaker

kinda makes me wanna , f-ing jam bands

ST21
Old 02-27-2010, 01:29 AM   #44
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post

kinda makes me wanna , f-ing jam bands
hahaha I hear you

toked up for the first time in forever at the last O.A.R. show.. some kids in front of us offered it up after we had both taken a bathroom break out past the lawn

snuck some girls sitting in the lawn back to our seats and drank a lot of beer

reminded me of HS
Old 02-27-2010, 01:30 AM   #45
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
I agree.. with some of this new go go revolution we're seeing some of the hip hop roots that we used to, but it's always such a shady crowd

hip hop was coming into its own in the early to early-late 90s and man the bling era killed it.. pop.. man.. what is that stuff nowadays?

I don't follow underground music as much as I used to and it's not uncommon at all for me to go an entire day or week without tuning into anything
no shit

as far as underground goes i'm with you i' really don't have time for that s, honestly rap/hip hop has gotten to hard to follow i like ti but thats about it i really don't understand the whole lil wayne obbsession i personally can't stand the weesy

ST21