Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Skins vs J E T S preview

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-15-2015, 09:30 PM   #31
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: Skins vs J E T S preview

DJax was injured often in Philly as well.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 10-16-2015, 01:46 AM   #32
skins89moss
Playmaker

How many times have we played a team that had players injured or suspended but when they play us they return. So this week Sheldon Richardson returns after 4 games suspended. Great just what we needed monster on the D-line. Our O-Line is banged up and he is fresh off of 4 vacations days. Let's not forget M.Wilkerson and Williams on the D-line. This will be a game where our defense and special teams will need to make a few big plays to change the field position. No missed FG please, every point will be hard to come by. The offense will struggle to score without J.Reed and D-Jax. It will be much easier to take Garcon out of the game now without those 2 players. Ross , Crowder, Thompson, and Jones will need to make plays. The offense can't keep putting pressure on our defense knowing that our secondary is depleted at the CB's position. Facing WR Brandon Marshall and the WR Eric Decker will be a difficult task. They are 2 big strong WR who use their bodies well catching passes. We have a slight chance but without Reed,D-Jax Culliver and Hall it doesn't look good. Well we play to win the game. HTTR.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:32 AM   #33
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Reed and DJax are big problems because they miss so much time.

In the case of Reed, I'm afraid that his NFL career will soon be over due to concussions. He tried hard to get his body ready to play a full season but there is next to nothing he can do to avoid further brain injury if he continues to play football. It's unfortunate.

On the other hand, I suspect that DJax didn't put out the proper effort to train for the season. I read that his mother and his sister urged him to work out more but he was too interested in his reality show to get ready the way he had in the past. Then he pulled a hamstring in the first game of the season. The injury may have been unavoidable but if he didn't get his body ready for the season because of his other interests that's still a bad look.

DJax is going to be a FA at the end of this season and he'll go for the money, so we'll probably lose him anyway. I'm not sure I care if we do.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:45 AM   #34
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

As soon as SM feels it's doable.......they'll be replaced.
Best ability is availability?
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:08 AM   #35
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

WR, TE and QB should be a focus in the offseason. Ryan Grant and Andre Roberts could both be gone after this season.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 11:09 AM   #36
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
WR, TE and QB should be a focus in the offseason. Ryan Grant and Andre Roberts could both be gone after this season.
I don't disagree with what you say but the secondary is the area of greatest need, IMO. I'd also like to see more draft picks for the OL, particularly a big center.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:45 PM   #37
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
There are so many good TE's in the league right now, we could easily pick one up off the FA wire during the off-season.

We should definitely draft a WR, QB though.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:39 PM   #38
Meks
Pro Bowl

I watch a good amount of fbs .. qb class , depending on who all cones out, leaves a little bit more than youd like, to be desired
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:43 PM   #39
Brody81
Impact Rookie

Just got a uber driver in South Carolina who was a Jets fan.. Told the guy I was a Redskins fan and he followed with "You guys are going to get killed Sunday". I love New Yorkers!!.
Brody81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:58 PM   #40
Brody81
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Is Cousins' arm really that weak? I mean is there anything to that? I've heard it alot over the years when we haven't had much of a deep attack that the QB's we had always didnt' have the arm to pull it off. I guess it started with Brunell, but i remember him having plenty of arm to make those throws to beat the cowboys that time in 2005. Campbell had a decent arm and we didn't stretch the field that much.

I've seen times when Cousins has aired it out and the ball looked like it traveled with good speed, etc. I feel i am different than some arm chair QB's, other than having played QB in High School where really no one could throw farther than 40-50 yards max, i have no clue about throwing an NFL ball or how hard it really is. I just think Cousins has an OK NFL arm and can make all the throws....

Whoever says Kirks arm is too weak is a complete idiot.. He has an NFL arm capable of making all the throws. Moreover, DJ blew is hammy trying to reach Kirks deep ball.. 😠
Brody81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 10:15 PM   #41
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

We are 3rd most in man-games lost, but I guess I don't get how this site ranks value of players lost, I mean I would think we have lost a lot of valuable players, from DJax to Reed, etc, but this graph, and the corresponding data shows the value of the players lost as 20th in the league. Indy is highest, and Dallas is 5th, with Dallas losing it's qb and star receiver.

Still pretty interesting graphic and site
NFL Week 5 Games Missed Due to Injury and TMITT Metrics October 14, 2015 UPDATED - Man Games Lost
Not sure this site counts Paul and Gallette.

1. Junior Gallette
2. Chris Culliver
3. DHall
4. Ihenacho

5. Niles Paul
6. Trent Williams
7. Shaun Lavau (given up trying to spell his name right)
8. Corey Licht
9. Jordan Reed
10 D Jax

We really have 10 starters out this game.

I'm counting Reed and Paul as starters because DYoung has taken so few snaps this year.

Our base is basically a two TE set.

Paulson doesn't make the starting list but hurts, he is mediocre. Carrier is inconsistent and has made some plays as a receiver but can't block and has been blown up on a lot of run plays.

McCoy sucks at everything. I'm not sure he fully knows the offense.

It's the NFL, supposed to be next man up and all that but geez we are in a tough spot.
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 10:37 PM   #42
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
I watch a good amount of fbs .. qb class , depending on who all cones out, leaves a little bit more than youd like, to be desired
Agree...the top crop coming into this year has been underwhelming. I'm with u Meks. Always wonder if a team like the lions are ready to give up and move on...
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 11:24 PM   #43
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Not sure this site counts Paul and Gallette.

1. Junior Gallette
2. Chris Culliver
3. DHall
4. Ihenacho

5. Niles Paul
6. Trent Williams
7. Shaun Lavau (given up trying to spell his name right)
8. Corey Licht
9. Jordan Reed
10 D Jax

We really have 10 starters out this game.

I'm counting Reed and Paul as starters because DYoung has taken so few snaps this year.

Our base is basically a two TE set.

Paulson doesn't make the starting list but hurts, he is mediocre. Carrier is inconsistent and has made some plays as a receiver but can't block and has been blown up on a lot of run plays.

McCoy sucks at everything. I'm not sure he fully knows the offense.

It's the NFL, supposed to be next man up and all that but geez we are in a tough spot.
I think Breeland and Culliver are our best CB's, especially Breeland. I really don't think Ihenacho is anything special, the other 8 I miss.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 11:32 PM   #44
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Agree...the top crop coming into this year has been underwhelming. I'm with u Meks. Always wonder if a team like the lions are ready to give up and move on...
yeah I watch CFB as well (Live in Norman ok) and I don't see many big time qbs, Goff looks ok but eh.... I just don't see Kirk being the guy next yr, hopefully I'm wrong but idk..
Old 10-17-2015, 01:06 PM   #45
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
True but defenses have got to know KC can't really get him the deep ball with any regularity. Again, I rather have Reed back for short yard passes and his yards after the catch.

I am willing to bet when DJAX came available if McLovin was here DJAX would not be a Skin.
how can you say that? Jackson played all of a half of a game and pulled up lame on a long pass that would most likely have been a TD had he not pulled his hammy . . . last year, when playing together Cousins and Jackson were great on connecting up for long passes . . . it was their strength
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote