Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-25-2015, 11:04 PM   #31
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Gruden/Redskins Doing Alfred Morris Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I'd day 3 yrs 12 m is fair for him
fair enough, that is about 9th-14th RB with the top 8 shooting up from $7Mil/yr to AP's $14Mill. I wouldn't be opposed to offering that and seeing if Alf stays around or if he wants to push the market. But if you did get a solid draft pick offered as trade, then I'd take that.

I wonder if any team would be interested in an RG3 and AlfMo combo trade?
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-25-2015, 11:08 PM   #32
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Idk I just don't see anyone wanting griffin lol sad to say but apparently there isn't many teams willing to pull that trigger on him. I hope alf stays he's a leader and a team player i just see Matt jones as a top 3 back in a season or 2.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:13 PM   #33
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
Matt Jones has "breakaway speed" and the ball "breaks away from his body" as well. You can't turn the ball over and win games. Yes I'm talking to you Cousins, you Jones, and almost you Garcon. Oh, and our Special Teams is Special "needs" Teams. The most inept group of players I have ever seen. Do they even have Special Teams meetings during the week? I think high school teams are better at it than the Redskins. Yes Ross had a 101 kickoff return, which was nice, but seriously guys, please spend at least an hour this week on Special Teams. It looks like they don't spend any time on it.
From what I see the special teams problems are more getting beat from a physical stand point than mental mistakes from lack of proper preparation.
They either have the wrong group out there or not enough depth to put together competent units without using starters.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:15 PM   #34
RedskinJake
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
fair enough, that is about 9th-14th RB with the top 8 shooting up from $7Mil/yr to AP's $14Mill. I wouldn't be opposed to offering that and seeing if Alf stays around or if he wants to push the market. But if you did get a solid draft pick offered as trade, then I'd take that.

I wonder if any team would be interested in an RG3 and AlfMo combo trade?
I'd rather see something like 5yr/15mil with 5mil counting against the 2015 cap.
RedskinJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 12:11 AM   #35
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I'd day 3 yrs 12 m is fair for him

Not going to happen. The fact they haven't even offered to extend him should tell you something. Notice they got deals done with Trent and Ryan, but you haven't heard a peep about Alfred. They aren't going to pay him with the emergence/drafting of Jones. Put your fandom aside and look at the facts. Alfred Morris has been propped up mostly by RG3's ability to run. If you ever go back and look at the games RG3 was out, you'll notice the numbers on Morris went down. Even now, you can see him timid about hitting the holes instead of bursting through there like Jones.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 12:13 AM   #36
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Oh I know jones is the guy and I'm fine with that he's going to be a monster. And I know they won't keep alf I was just saying it'd be nice.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:42 AM   #37
That Guy
Living Legend

if alf is cheap enough i imagine they'd keep him. if he's not, RBs are one of the most replaceable positions. he's played well for us and does everything pretty well, he just doesn't have break away speed - never has, never will.

i'd rather keep both, as spliting carries/stats should lower their market value, give us injury insurance, and keep both of them playing longer. gibbs kinda wore portis out with the 35 carries a game. it's hard to run that much year after year and not end up with a body that's worn out.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 02:47 AM   #38
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Morris is a still a good football player. Not sure this team is in a position to be letting good players walk out the door. But the fact that they haven't even tried to get a long term deal done pretty much says it all. Maybe he can go to Atlanta with Kyle.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 09:23 AM   #39
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Running backs have become a commodity in the NFL. They take such beatings that they don't last long. Paying big dollars on a second contract for a RB who is not truly elite is not something teams want to do.

As for not starting Alfred in game three, well, I would have started him as a token of respect. Nevertheless, the NFL is the closest to a meritocracy as there is when it comes to players. For the most part, the best players play. It was looking like Matt Jones may have surpassed Alfmo, but Matt's fumbles tell us that he hasn't done so yet. Still, I was shocked when Alfred didn't start.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:32 AM   #40
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Morris is a still a good football player. Not sure this team is in a position to be letting good players walk out the door. But the fact that they haven't even tried to get a long term deal done pretty much says it all. Maybe he can go to Atlanta with Kyle.
They desperately need a RB out in Indy.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:29 AM   #41
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
They desperately need a RB out in Indy.
The problem is that Indy is losing right now. If they start winning and are in playoff contention, they'd be mos likely to make a trade. Problem is that they royally screwed up by trading for Richardson; however, Morris is 1000 times better than Richardson.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:40 AM   #42
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Exactly why I would have traded him, before we lose him for nothing
Old 09-26-2015, 03:56 PM   #43
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgilTibbs View Post
Alfred Morris is one of the only consistent bright spots on this team drafted in 2012, a fan favorite, humble hard worker and great teammate. He's never missed a game since being drafted and has put up some very good stats behind below average offensive lines and limited talent surrounding him:

2012 - 1613 rushing yards 13 tds

2013 - 1275 rushing yards 7 tds

2014- 1074 rushing yards 8 tds

Week 1 against Miami, he rushed for 121 yards. Very likeabale down to earth guy who has his head on straight.

The Redskins still have not paid Morris his worth as he's still playing on his rookie deal.

What really pissed me off is last night, Gruden had Morris coming off the bench behind Matt Jones, a rookie who had 1 good game against the Rams and who has fumbled in both games. Is this how you show appreciation for a guy who has been carrying this team the past three years without a complaint, has given his heart and soul to this team, 6 carries coming off the bench behind a rookie who has not proved anything? And knowing this is a contract year where he's due to get paid? Would the Seahawks do this to Lynch? The Vikings to Peterson?

I think Morris deserves better and the Redskins may be pissing off one of the only good homegrown guys we have. C'mon, do right by him. The players who get busted for pot and other legal issues (Trent) get taken care of no matter what. Do right by Alfred. Play him and pay him.

Couldn't agree more, that was a dick move by whoever made the decision to start Jones, assuming Gruden. Absolutely no reason for it, and its a slap to the face to the best offensive "Redskins" guy we have. I love Morris even more that he hasn't complained to the media. If they just use him up and pay him his crappy rookie contract (by pro athlete standards) that he already way outplayed then just kick him to the curb, that's gonna be one of the worst things this team has done recently to one of its good guys. He deserves better, and he better be back to starting against Philly.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 04:03 PM   #44
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Who cares if he wasn't one of "their" guys. They didn't draft Kerrigan or Williams either. That's just a nice excuse to justifying guys being removed from the roster. Morris, barring some ridiculous contract demand should be re-signed. The salary cap is going up and Jones is on his rookie contract. They can reward Morris for what he has done for this team the past few seasons.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 04:07 PM   #45
RedskinJake
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Who cares if he wasn't one of "their" guys. They didn't draft Kerrigan or Williams either. That's just a nice excuse to justifying guys being removed from the roster. Morris, barring some ridiculous contract demand should be re-signed. The salary cap is going up and Jones is on his rookie contract. They can reward Morris for what he has done for this team the past few seasons.
I'm a fan of Morris but this is a business. Paying him for results under his previous contract will not better the team. Can't pay him on what he used to be worth only what he's worth going forward. I'm ok with taking care of him but we need all the cap space we can get.
RedskinJake is offline   Reply With Quote