Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Give it up for Patrick Ramsey (merged)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-24-2005, 11:19 PM   #31
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Re: Give it up for Patrick Ramsey

I was nervous as others when he had to come into the game and he played well but please dear god don't have this turn into another freakin qb swtich thread. He looked good, all be it with happy feet, while throwing 7 PASSES!! It's hard to look too bad when u throw it as small an amount as that and take away the great adjustment and grab by Moss and Ramsey had 32 yards on four completetions. I'll cheer my heart out for whomever is our qb but Brunnel has been the one directing our passing game all season and I know I'm personally tired of the fickleness of switching players especially this late into the season when a team is on a roll. Next week better consist of a bunch of Portis/Betts/Cartwright runs and some PA passes to Moss, Cooley, and a player who has played extremely well since his breakdown a few games back in Robert Royal. Man am I glad they didn't cut him like a lot of people, myself included, wanted cuz he's made some big plays catching and running as well as blocking.

skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-24-2005, 11:22 PM   #32
MTK
\m/

I think if Brunell is healthy and good to go this week it's not even a question... he's the man.

If not, it's good to know Ramsey is ready to step in and do a quality job.

I liked the way he dumped it off quickly and made good decisions... he seemed to have learned a thing or two playing behind Brunell this year.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:26 PM   #33
saden1
MVP

Ramesey's reaction time was very good. He definitely looked comfortable in the pocket.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 12:15 AM   #34
djnemo65
Playmaker

He's pretty cheap right? Anyone know what his cap number is next year? Its gotta be comparable to a top flight backup.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 12:24 AM   #35
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44deisel44
Agree. Thank God it wasnt like last time he joined a Giants game!

Absolutly! This time he wasen't 3 scores down, big difference.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 12:37 AM   #36
FirstandTen
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
I think if Brunell is healthy and good to go this week it's not even a question... he's the man.

If not, it's good to know Ramsey is ready to step in and do a quality job.

I liked the way he dumped it off quickly and made good decisions... he seemed to have learned a thing or two playing behind Brunell this year.
Well put my feelings as well.
FirstandTen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 12:48 AM   #37
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
Ramsey showed a lot of maturity today. When he came in all he was asked to do was manage the game-put the ball in Portis' hands and let the defense do their thing. He's so competitive that in the past he's wanted to take the game into his own hands and go away from the game plan and that's when he starts forcing things. Today he really showed that he's learned a lot....and nice pass to Moss!

I'm with skinsguy, I think Brunell is the better choice when both are healthy. But I was very pleased with Ramsey.

Manage the game? Any QB has to manage a game, it was Ramseys arm that opened things back up for us, not Portis's legs, it was his playmaking ability that kept the Giants in the rearview, pass to betts, then Moss.

That Giant defense today recieved a heavy dose of old school Gibbs football, Portis was ripping off runs at 10 a clip in the 4th quarter because we beat them down all game, as good as that defense is, and they are very good, they were done by the 4th quarter, you could see it in their faces after the first drive of the game they knew they were in trouble.

Pretty nice offensive display considering I believe that Moss is the only WR to catch a pass?

Kudos to Ramsey, that's no easy task to sit the bench all season to come into a game of that magnitude and perform as he did against a very good D, not that I had any doubts, he would have been doing it all year with playing time, I was very excited to see Ramsey come in, I was very glad that Gibbs didn't go into an offensive conservative shell once Ramsey came on. One thing I noticed about Ramsey is the confidence he seems to have to know the offense, he does not look intimidated at all, great job!

I still think this is Brunells season, and if healthy he should, and will finish it, but today was only a glimpse of what Patrick has in store for some team next year, I would really hope it's us who are the benefactors.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 01:34 AM   #38
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Yea Patrick did really good this weekend, but like people have said he did not throw that much and he also came into the game not down by three scores. Nevertheless, that was a critical point in the game that everyone was worried about, and we all know we thought he might turn it over. But he didn't and he came through. I think if Brunell is alright, then we definately go back to him bc he is the starter. As for his injury, an MCL sprain can vary depending on its severity. So basically it could be something that takes a couple days to get over, or maybe more, we have to wait until later to find out.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:17 AM   #39
Luxorreb
^21^

Great job Ramsey by not losing it after having to call those 2 TOs. Have to admit I was worried. But kudoz to the coaching staff by having him throw the ball to Moss. It is obvious that he's learned alot watching Brunell, Gibbs, Buges and Breaux. Think he gets it now. The importance of not turning the ball over, not forcing plays and not holding the ball too long. He finished with a 153.3% QB rating, ofcourse only played less than a half, but by no means would that game have been over if he'd have thrown a pick, fumbled or taken a sack. Ramsey entered the game at a very crucial point of the game and succeeded. Let us not forget the 87 season when Jay Shroeder and Doug Williams combined to bring us our 2nd superbowl victory! You can never have too many quality QB's in the NFL. Now more than ever before! Saw a stat yesterday was like 78 QB's have played and 59 started this season. There's 32 teams. Good job Ramsey and get well soon Brunell!
Old 12-25-2005, 02:38 AM   #40
wheeler
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy
The guy came in and played pretty well. My hat's off to Patrick! I still believe Brunell is our guy, but this win gives me a little more confidence in Patrick Ramsey.
i agree ,i wasn't even pissed when he called two time-outs in his first series.as i was in the holiday cheer ,and moss is BRILLIANT happy christmas to all
wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 02:43 AM   #41
wheeler
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxorreb
Great job Ramsey by not losing it after having to call those 2 TOs. Have to admit I was worried. But kudoz to the coaching staff by having him throw the ball to Moss. It is obvious that he's learned alot watching Brunell, Gibbs, Buges and Breaux. Think he gets it now. The importance of not turning the ball over, not forcing plays and not holding the ball too long. He finished with a 153.3% QB rating, ofcourse only played less than a half, but by no means would that game have been over if he'd have thrown a pick, fumbled or taken a sack. Ramsey entered the game at a very crucial point of the game and succeeded. Let us not forget the 87 season when Jay Shroeder and Doug Williams combined to bring us our 2nd superbowl victory! You can never have too many quality QB's in the NFL. Now more than ever before! Saw a stat yesterday was like 78 QB's have played and 59 started this season. There's 32 teams. Good job Ramsey and get well soon Brunell!
i attended that super bowl in 88 in san diego, down 10---0 to the broncos and well that 2nd quarter and doug williams .i'll never ever forget that merry christmas......wheeler
wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 08:03 AM   #42
Hail2em

Ramsey

He looked really comfy back there yesterday and i really think by him being on the sideline has helped him. he was in control getting on players that wasnt in the right spot on the field.
Hail2em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 10:23 AM   #43
Bozzy
The Starter

Re: Ramsey

yeah, he looked good. if brunell is not ready, let ramsey start the last regular game.

Last edited by Bozzy; 12-25-2005 at 02:02 PM.
Bozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 01:38 PM   #44
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Re: Ramsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozzy
yeah, he looked good. he brunell is not ready, let ramsey start the last regular game.
Lets hope he looks the same at Philly.
Old 12-25-2005, 01:49 PM   #45
VishsSkins
Special Teams

Re: Give it up for Patrick Ramsey (merged)

Patrick did a great job managing the game and not making the mistakes we have seen him make in the past. I admit I was going crazy after those two blown timeouts in a row when it looked like we were falling apart but he never lost his composure and played great after that. We might need him against philly if brunell can't go so lets give him all our support!
VishsSkins is offline   Reply With Quote