Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-19-2012, 01:21 AM   #1
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
I just want the guy who can play the best football at QB in. If thats RG3 great. If its Cousins thats good too. What I don't want is to wait around like we did for Campbell. Personally I think Cousins has the better look in the NFL over RG3 at the moment but its way to early to speculate. One thing is for sure, between the both of them, I think we finally have our QB problems behind us. HTTR!
It'll b rg3
Old 08-19-2012, 01:39 AM   #2
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Re: Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

Someone mentioned Paulson having done well to make the team. I was sure he did that last year when he filled in for Cooley. As good or atleast pretty darn close to as good as Davis. I figured our TE's would be Cooley, Davis, and Paulson, and can't for the life of me figure out why they are trying Paul at TE unless he really just sucks at WR and they are giving him one more shot with his size at another position. Paul should be cut, keep the other 3.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:49 AM   #3
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Paul won't be cut because of his upside, I'd be less surprised of paulsen is cut.. as for the qbs, cousins is balling so far but again it's against backups.. Robert is the guy no question about it.. it's honestly comical to think he won't be. Look at the bright side, we could be the jets rofl
Old 08-19-2012, 02:10 AM   #4
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Paul won't be cut because of his upside, I'd be less surprised of paulsen is cut.. as for the qbs, cousins is balling so far but again it's against backups.. Robert is the guy no question about it.. it's honestly comical to think he won't be. Look at the bright side, we could be the jets rofl
I'd dissagree. Paul has no upside. He failed as a WR and now they are trying to move him to TE since they have so many decent (better) WR's. We all know Cooley is the man if he can stay healthy. Davis led the team in catches last year. Paulsen filled in admirably when Cooley went down. He blocked well and actually caught some decent passes.

I'd cut Paul and see which of the two Quinn or Reliford should be kept. Put them on the PS.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:53 AM   #5
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Who is #74? I'm finally watching the game and he's been penalized twice for holding once in the 1st quarter and once at the start of the 2nd.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:55 AM   #6
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

First of all the bears defense is solid. Peppers, Urlacher, Briggs all savvy vets who were all looking to expose the rookie in RG. The secondary in Chicago is overrated if rated too good at all so it sucks he couldnt find time or hurried himself. Hes fine theyll look at what he did on tape 95 times and it was experience. Its the 2nd preseason game of the season. RGs not going anywhere because we all know what light does...
Old 08-19-2012, 07:45 AM   #7
SkinsHulk
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins4L View Post
First of all the bears defense is solid. Peppers, Urlacher, Briggs all savvy vets who were all looking to expose the rookie in RG. The secondary in Chicago is overrated if rated too good at all so it sucks he couldnt find time or hurried himself. Hes fine theyll look at what he did on tape 95 times and it was experience. Its the 2nd preseason game of the season. RGs not going anywhere because we all know what light does...
Urlacher- the teams best LB didn't play (injury) and probably a good reason why RG3 is still upright this morning.
SkinsHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:56 AM   #8
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

Orak & Meriweather is the real issure. ORAK.. man we need him down the stretch.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:58 AM   #9
saden1
MVP

Our defense has major holes in the defensive backfield and that Jim Haslett is a POS coordinator. If I could fire him right now I really would.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:13 AM   #10
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Our defense has major holes in the defensive backfield and that Jim Haslett is a POS coordinator. If I could fire him right now I really would.
We should all just settle down. We don't know what Haslett did with the defense tonight. He might have made them play man to man and no blitzing all night, or just didn't discuise his blitzes as he usually does in regular games.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #11
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
LOL!! We are guaranteed to lose 10 games cause Hasslett will lose 6 games by himself. And Kyle will screw up at least 4. Paging Alvin Walton!

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #12
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Sometimes we feel the same way about your posts.

Back to the game that we should have won...that was the ugliest 57-yard FG ever but I give Gould credit. I don't think I've seen a line drive FG made from that far. I wish one of our two kickers had that leg.

The RT position is really showing itself to be a problem. Polumbus got abused by Israel Idonje. I'm not worried about Griffin's fumble, he slipped on the field and it was very close to being an incomplete pass because his arm was a split second away from going forward.

Banks...doing it again. Another preseason TD that might convince coaches to keep him. One more good return game and I think he'll make it, even though I've been saying all along he wouldn't.

Bears D looked VERY good. I was impressed. I also think Cutler to Marshall is going to be very dangerous this season...they could be pushing Green Bay for the division.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #13
30gut
Playmaker

Here are my game notes:

-Cedric Griffin beat deep by Marshall playing Cover 1 or 3 w/ D.Hall playing FS
- " beat inside on skinny post/slant in the RZ by everyone loves a Jeffery

- Morris nice vision, cutback, and running through contact early +++

- Gettis beat in pass pro on Griff 1st drop back -1
- 2nd series Monty pushed back -1

- 3rd series FUMBLE!
Morris should have checked his blitz pick-up block before going out on his route -1
Davis matched up 1 v 1 w/ Idoneje (sp?) and lost -1
Cooley probably should have at least chipped if not doubled down on Idoneje -1
Griff probably could have audibled the protection to account for #21 blitz from the (L) edge -.5
He's gotta hold on to the ball -1

-Riley juked in the hole by Bush for TD

Last play 1st qtr SACK
- Can Davis get some love? 1 on 1 Peppers holds his own +1
- Gettis & Polumbus beat in pass pro -1,-1, sack

o Where is Madieu? later...
Several solid tackles, a couple 'must' tackles to prevent huge play/TD (when Wilson -1 got beat by Benntt) ++

2nd QTR

- Monty pushed backed again-1
4:50 Gettis stood up -1

BANKS!

Cousins Got into a rhythm, had good pass protection, had open targets, showed good velocity and ball location

2nd Unit
1st serries
OL surges for Tristan Davis w/ nice cutback +1
Paulen +1 nice block no help

2nd series
-LeRib -1 missed 2nd level block on LB
Cook pushed back -1
Compton +1 nice block on the edge

PA Robinson +1 toasts DB in about 5 strides (impressive) ball underthrown -1

Niles comes off double team too early -1, Compton blocks no one -1
Paulsen blocks DE with no help +1
LeRib bull rushed and pushed back by DT -1

- Gettis doesn't get to 2nd level LB -1
Compton beat by McCellan -1
Smith +1
Gettis -1 on ground doesn't make block
Moll -1 missed 2nd level block
Cook good double +1 missed 2nd level block -.5

Tristan Davis needs to stop dancing and get north-south -1

Crawford nice change of direction to drive on pass and break it up/almost pick +1

Bailey 1st run
LeRib good speed to pull around the edge and lead way to reach 2nd level backers +1

Robinson +++ good route, good adjustment to catch a high pass, good RAC for TD!

9:05
Gomes -1 whiff, *noticed tendency to dive tackling instead of pop and wrap

Crawdog +1 blitz pressure

Nile Paul vs #76 1 on 1 no help, nice block +1

Doughty +1 forced fumble

Briscoe ++ strong route to get inside and use body to shield DB, nice RAC

Crawford +1 blitz pressure +1
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #14
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Sometimes we feel the same way about your posts.

Back to the game that we should have won...that was the ugliest 57-yard FG ever but I give Gould credit. I don't think I've seen a line drive FG made from that far. I wish one of our two kickers had that leg.

The RT position is really showing itself to be a problem. Polumbus got abused by Israel Idonje. I'm not worried about Griffin's fumble, he slipped on the field and it was very close to being an incomplete pass because his arm was a split second away from going forward.

Banks...doing it again. Another preseason TD that might convince coaches to keep him. One more good return game and I think he'll make it, even though I've been saying all along he wouldn't.

Bears D looked VERY good. I was impressed. I also think Cutler to Marshall is going to be very dangerous this season...they could be pushing Green Bay for the division.
Did you watch the game? If both starting groups would have stayed Skins would have got beat by 50!!:vomit:

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #15
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Did you watch the game? If both starting groups would have stayed Skins would have got beat by 50!!:vomit:
Pretty sure he was just saying they were lucky to win with that FG... granted who cares about winning or losing these games.